What's it like being British?

What's it like being British?

It must be cool knowing your country men and women civilized the world

"""civilise"""

Lmao they really didn't do shit. They set a bunch of countries back (currystan for one) for decades actually. They're not really relevant anymore in the bigger picture and are in the process of being reverse colonised for all their bullshit in the last century.

It feels like this:

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Cecil Rhodes

This does not apply to the Welsh or the Irish, who are also savage people who the English civilised. To a certain extent the Scots are the same, but they civilised quickly and played an important part in future colonisation, whereas the Welsh and Irish have pretty much remained in this savage sub-human state ever since (if you don't believe me, visit Cardiff on a night out).

Scottish Lowlanders were pretty much counted as English back then. The term WASP included Scottish Lowlanders and the English.

pretty poor i guess

Yeah, and deservedly so - people in Edinburgh and Glasgow made huge contributions to the British Empire.

It's an embarrassment. I want to remain out of the UK as much as I can.

Also only faggots try to take credit for something their ancestors did several hundred years ago, so there's that.

Really amazing how those who voted to leave the EU were actually the ones benefiting the most. Same people who vote against their interests by putting the tories back in every few years, so there's that. Non-London UK a backwater shithole compared to the rest of western Europe.

Well since most people today don't have any real direct connections to the empire you don't feel anything that strong.

t. Pajeet

Is it possible to be a Brit of black, Indian or Chinese descent out of curiosity?

I am a Greek (polish really desu)

When you're gonna compare us with the richer/better couple of countries in europe "pretty poor" doesn't mean much.

feels bretty good especially when my family got out of there in time before it went to shit

>civilized

It's civilised, my good man.

We were in the EU for decades and the backwater shitholes of the UK remained backwater shitholes. Try telling the people who live there just how much they were benefitting from being in the EU, all they see is that (((a few people))) in London make extortionate amounts of money whereas they'll never be able to afford their own house.

Depressing because shit just gets worse and shames our legacy

Well yeah. You still have losers like this poofta for example but nobody gives a shit.

who should we be comparing you with?

t. Pajeet
and why would you shit on the Britain and "their bullshit in the last century" when you're literally living in aus?

except that no one thinks that because, if that part of history is taught at all (it usually isn't), it's only taught in terms of how Britain was an evil coloniser of innocent natives. This would probably be hard for an American to comprehend given how patriotic you guys are, but expressing any pride about Britain's historic achievements is enough to get you labelled a racist. The best you can get here is restricting your patriotism to the vaguest common denominators like 'we believe in fairness' which every country on Earth agrees with. Or expressing pride in left-wing-approved institutions like the NHS.

Suggesting that contact with the British might have been in any way positive for the rest of the world will probably get you dirty looks, or uncomfortable silence depending on the company. Pointing out that we practically build the modern world and that without us everyone would be living in a permanent real-life Renaissance-fair will get you ostracised and possibly fired depending on where you work.

Not that anyone will say anything like that, because as I said that part of history isn't taught very extensively and most people are completely oblivious to the fact that Britain used to be the greatest country on Earth.

the rest of europe would be a good start, instead of cherry picked countries. Whoever made that had a clear agenda and I say that as someone who voted remain.

Don't listen to this mong and his bollocks.

>shit the bed then chuck it out together with the KFC bucket you demolished in your shitfaced maggot state last night
>civilised

what are you on about

I think they picked western + northern europe because the UK is literally in north western europe.

Plus UK faggots always seem to believe they are on par with the rest of western europe

Because Australia is not England despite all the memes about it. Suck my dick you ugly inbred pomy fuck. I don't need to experience a country to shit on it.

when was the last time you had a conversation with an average person about the British Empire?

The UK, France and probably Germany are the only relevant countries on the European continent. The Netherlands certainly isn't close to these three. I'll include Italy too.

Not that great. I have dual citizenship and I see no reason for it besides doing some tourism there. I would never work or live there, Canada is miles ahead.

I feel kik you're being vaguely dishonest here. Nobody denies Britain few positive effects in the world but it's only natural for people to feel ashamed about any other cruel legacy. The Americans, for all their patriotism do the same with the NA and nigs.

>Canada is miles ahead.

I mean I agree with the part about us not being taught about the empire, and the few bits we do learn being too do with internal...stuff, but there may be a bit of dramatisation and exaggeration here...

We are on par with the rest of western europe, but we have disparity between the countries of the UK but also in countries. You can see most of those on the list are from the north

I never said it's england but what's that got to do with anything. Go back to india or wherever if it's so great and rebuild it from le ebil brits

granted, it does depend slightly on what area of the country you live in to what degree is true. But it's generally representative of the country, and in a lot of places it's no exaggeration at all.

So the only negative for Canada you can come up with compared to the UK is that our natives club seals?

>

Yes, also
>natives
don't imply seal clubbing isn't a nice family weekend away tier form of leisure in canada.

>>

>don't imply seal clubbing isn't a nice family weekend away tier form of leisure in canada
You don't actually believe this, do you?

>canadians want to boink this

>modern Brits are such soft cunts they get upset over some animal pelts
My country literally exists because Brits and Frenchman came over here to gather pelts.

no :^)

>Canadian """"""""""people"""""""""" will LITERALLY bash this little fur balls head in with a stick

>British """people"" will LITERALLY cross an ocean to bash this little fur ball's head in with a stick

>and why would you shit on the Britain and "their bullshit in the last century" when you're literally living in aus?
>I never said it's england but what's that got to do with anything
>British education
Lmao the memes are true. Most of the Sup Forums Brits are genuinely stupid kek.

>tfw we've recently started to reintroduce beavers on Britain

Were all of you privately educated? This describes accurately my experience in school as a poor northern lad in a state school (this is only going back 4 years or so now). We were taught that Britain enslaved Black people and that the Holocaust was a thing. This was the extent of our lessons in history.

I assumed it's a class difference and you'd have to be privately educated to be taught about country and empire

He was making reference to the fact that Britain created Australia you daft twat

If you hadn't noticed there a union jack on their flag indication our shared history and we also happen to have the same queen. Australia is a literal embodiment of what you claim is british bullshit yet you live there. I'm not replying to you again so don't bother.
Why do indians get so butthurt when you say something about india, like if indias so great why are you 9000 miles away or whatever. it's just so unnecessary, it's not even as though brits claim the empire was purely benevolent or anything.

British history and contributions to the world are very impressive. Modern Britain, however, is not. The sun has set on your empire, it's time to accept that.

I was privately educated, and the only British history we were taught was medieval history and WW2 (and bits of WW1, but that was just a side effect of poetry in English class). The rest of it was Russian history 1850-1950, the French revolution, and America during the Cold War. Even learning about WW2 we skirted around the topic of Britain's colonies. I suppose I'm fortunate inasmuch as that I didn't get the anti-colonial narrative forced on me.

It's good. Quality of life depends on where you live and what social class you're a part of. The other Anglosphere countries have better living conditions but the difference is rather negligible. Some people (especially boomers) are still stuck in the past and long for when we still had an empire. Towns and cities can be quite mucky and miserable but many of them have been refurbished over the years. Overall it's a nice place to live but is beset with a considerable number of problems, although I am optimistic that things will continue to improve.

>Some people (especially boomers) are still stuck in the past and long for when we still had an empire.
the boomers aren't even really old enough to remember the empire, and I have never heard anyone talk nostalgically about the Empire either in person or in the public discourse. Whenever older people get a patriotic impulse they talk about how Britain stood up to Germany in WW2. They never mention the Empire.

'still stuck in the past and long for when we still had an empire.' is just a euphemism left-wingers use when they mean 'people should just accept that Britain isn't important in the world any more and can't survive on it's own, and should have stayed a part of the EU.' Or just in more general terms when someone objects to left-wingers denigrating Britain they get accused of 'wishing Britain still had an Empire.'

Unless of course you're a foreign tourist or using a proxy, in which case 'Britain still thinks it has/should have an Empire' is code of 'Britain is standing up for itself'. Like how Argentina accuses Britain of thinking it's still colonial days because we won't hand over the Falklands.

You are british too, as we go down we all go down.

Many people i know consider and want Empire in terms of the Dominions, nobody thinks we should have to look after all the 3rd world shitholes.

It's nice to think of the british legacy, but then when you compare it to modern britain it's depressing