Several youtubers and tech reviewers have been caught comparing overclocked 8700ks to stock amd and kaby Lake Cpus

>Several youtubers and tech reviewers have been caught comparing overclocked 8700ks to stock amd and kaby Lake Cpus.
>including gamers nexus, Linux shill tips and jays2cents.

After Intel trying to hide the real frequencies of their chips, and coffee Lake being just a paper launch that will not be available this year they now no longer guarantee that the Cpus will be able to run at max turbo frequency even given adequate power and cooling.

That means, the 8400 benchmarks are invalid. A lot of 8400s out there won't be able to get 4ghz. The only frequency they're guaranteed to run is 2.8ghz.

But the reviews are already out, so everyone is already tricked.

Source: youtu.be/O98qP-FsIWo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h-raCawEuf4
anandtech.com/show/6214/multicore-enhancement-the-debate-about-free-mhz
youtube.com/watch?v=zi-zU2p2ykc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't understand the gamers nexus test.

I fucking hate youtuber tech reviewers. They fucking love money. Don't trust them at all, even if they're saying something good about the company you like.

dude create a second channel without your shitty accent already. just pay someone to read a script.

That accent is just awful to listen to.

The fact that I can use pic related unironically is disturbing, but Intel never changes, sadly

Wow amd fanboys really are on damage control trying to come up with conspiracy theories for chips only a few people have

>paper release
>sold hundreds and is available for ordering
explain this

Does he not know the linus and jays2cents used water coolers and other testers didnt? Obvioisly they had better scores

Holy fuck, people here call this guy a conspiracy theorist. But this fucking real.
Intel shills btfo.

>pre-order
Yeah, none of those have shipped

DELID THIS!

>"debunks" youtube "shills" with youtube tinfoil hat

kek

>AdoredTV
No thanks.

He showed proof of the overclock in the video. And gamers nexus admitted it.

I remember linus put my name in one of his videos of me calling him a shill.

I was not wrong

A-a-a-adoredtv? Fake news! Intel dindu nuffin!

DELID

Yeah, they overclocked it and used a water cooler. I knew that when i watched jayz video. Didnt need to be a 25 minute video. His specualtion on the 8400 was nonsense

hurr durr paper launch
not available till next year

He actually said he thinks the 8400 will only run at 3.2ghz turbo when the cheaper boards release. This level of damage control is hillarious

>it's not even at 4.0 ghz

Once again Adored exposes Jewtel and their shill reviewers. Intel shills absolutely BTFO and on suicide watch.

It would blow up if it was at 4Ghz

Can you greentext the video plox. I don't want to hear his stupid voice

>jay2cents oced with a water cooler
>insaine theory about how 8400 will only turbo correctly on z370 boards

Exactly. Intel only set the base frequency 1ghz lower by accident. There is literally nothing to see here goyim. They'll all hit 3.8ghz. Oh, you betcha.

Intel them self said that their Cpus are not guaranteed to reach max turbo under any circumstances. We don't know if a average 8400 will be 4.0 or 2.9 ghz.

Wait, what? I thought that they disclosed just the max single core turbo. Is this why they want to hide even that from now on?

Source?
They stopped publishing all-core turbo information but never gave an explanation.

This eurotrad is not a source. It says it will turbo if it isnt too hit and has the power draw, like every other turbo invent. You shills are so desperate and retarded

I posted this couple days ago
>Ryzen came out
>People start reviewing the Wraith Stock cooler with other third party cooler
>Intel come out
>Not a single test using stock cooler.

I complained about this because my i3 Haswell was running much hotter with stock cooler than what people said in reviews.

No cooler included

I saw someone review the 8400 with the stock cooler. He said it was at 65 under load. I am skeptical of that but if i could remain around 70 on it that would be great

>techtubers literally making it crystal clear how much money they are pocketting from review companies
>up to 4 different ads per video
>people still retarded enough to take think they are credible with the retardedly obvious amount of sponsoring
retarded goyim

I7 8700k still good

>1.
>Intel turbo boost 2.0 overclocks the chips automatically above the normal turbo boost frequency if temps are low.
>Turbo boost 2.0 is enabled by default in the bios.
>YouTube reviewers don't know this.
>Que wild range of cinebench scores. While normal scores for the same CPU are within 10 - 20 of each other, the 8700k had a range of 200+.
>2
>Turbo frequencys aren't gaurranteed, so the base clock on the 8400 of 2.8 GHz might be all you are able to get on low end motherboards (speculation)

Exactly. As long as the CPU is under x degrees celsius and drawing under y watts of power you can absolutely be assured that these processors might hit a theoretical maximum turbo clock on z amount of cores. Clearly Intel has nothing to hide. I just wish these AMD pirate shills would stop asking what those parameters and die and please please please buy Coffee Lake CPUs.

>3.
>The chips Intel sent out to reviewers are much better than the chips that other reviewers bought themselves.

>Motherboard manufacturers have an auto OC feature that sets CPU all core turbo to the single core turbo (for 8700k, 4.7GHz vs 4.3Ghz) that explains huge variance in scores from different "reviewers"
> Intel refusing to release info about 2/4/6 core turbo clocks because the CPUs are so house-fire they can't gurantee they will even run at them + to stay in "TDP".
> Cheaper B360 mobos coming soon will not have these auto OC features (or have them scaled down) so people buying locked i3/5/7 now will be stuck on ~3+Ghz and get much worse performance than what they see on reviews when the CPUs are running at their 1 core turbo all the time (4Ghz for i5 8400 for example).

The 8400 theory is shilling of the highest degree and shpuld have been left out of the video. Shows his ignorance of how turbo works while parsing intels words trying to make some unfounded theory

Yeah they disclose max single core turbo and don't day it's single core only.

It will turbo if it can do it under 65w, and it doesn't guarantee that it will. Most likely at least some of them will not be able to do it since silicon quality varies and this is bottom of the barrel. But we don't, and can't know now.

>Intel turbo boost 2.0 overclocks the chips automatically above the normal turbo boost frequency if temps are low.
No that's not it. The mobo they used was set to automatically OVERCLOCK, overriding the turbo boost.

>paper launch
>no cpus are actually in stock anywhere
huh, thats really fucking cute
my spider sense is sensing schenanigans?
why would they do this?
prevent real people from benching their shit?

I mean that wouldnt be an issue but 65w is a rating not a cap you stupid mong.

youtu.be/h-raCawEuf4

They probably just want to get the biased reviews out so people wait for these instead of buying amd. They can't produce enough at the moment.

wrong

correct

But... Only mobos available are those with auto-oc... This still won't show how will they perform on cheap mobos

>turbo wont work with an auto oc mobo
You guyd are actually retarted. Auto oc and turbo are not the same thing

>"proof? no-goyim, we don't disclose all core clocks, why would you ever need to know that?"

Not him, but where did he imply that auto OC and turbo were the same thing?

>no delivery date
they don't even know they are going to get the next shipment

Don't forget reviewers benching the lower tier coffe lake chips with fast memory (3000mhz+) that the lower tier motherboard won't support. That can easily be another 15% performance removed depending on use case.

Last meme arrow, saying i5 wont reach its max turbo if you dont have a z370 board with auto oc

i was feeling bad with my 1700 but if its a 4.7 ghz house fire performance number who fucking cares without deliding. what makes the LEAST amount of sense is, how these youtube 'tech reviewers' didnt check how fast the chip was running on a simple program while testing. like holy shit

I grew up watching intel lie about the clock speed of their CPUs
The quality of their products may have increased since the first generations of dual cores but they still outright lie to consumers.
Thats why I buy AMD. Plus they generally cost less amd run cooler at stock voltage, so i do believe in the product.

He said that the CPUs on a cheaper motherboard won't be at their 1 core turbo "all the time", not that it won't be able to achieve that turbo at all.

>believing a click bait title video
Might as well just link to an Intel house fire 4/20 dank robo-memez video.

...on all cores

>adored butthurt about Canon lake release

Wow I didn't expect this at all

It has nothing to do with auto oc

Multicore enhancement tells the CPU to use the top turbo boost setting under all loads. anandtech.com/show/6214/multicore-enhancement-the-debate-about-free-mhz

Or you could turn the base clock up like a normal person

>overclocking a locked intel CPU

Sorry, what exactly are you disagreeing with me about here? I thought we were talking about turbo boost?

>AdoredTV
hmmm

>Nvidia 1080 Gigabyte
>4095MB video memory

Explain this fgt.

>speccy

The faster RAM doesn't much matter outside of overclocking. The stock CPUs see little performance jumps outside of 2666.

You can turn the base clock up on locked cpus

I was saying auto oc doesnt have anything to do with cpu turbo. Turbo is a cpu feature and auto oc is a motherboard feature. 8400 cannot be oced so auto oc isnt going to do anything

yeah he's wrong too often if you ask me
makes me sad as a loyal intel consumer

UMA

Multicore enhancement isn't touching the base clocks though. The 8400 supports Turbo Boost, therefore multicore enhancement should work on it. Is there evidence suggesting it doesn't?

To clarify, multicore enhancement simply tells the CPU to always use its maximum turbo boost frequency under any load.

The scores that are marked I got with the newest 1.0.0.6b bios. The others were stock bios scores from back in March. I spent less that $400 for cpu and mobo.

Yeah so thats just increasing the base clock to the max turbo frequency. If it makes it run higher frequencies than the normal turbo could i suppose you could see better performance. I get my 8400 and z370 in the mail today i will probably try testing it out in gta 5 or something

>muh money meme

The fucking Fury X cost me 700 euros

What is your clockspeed for the top score run? It sure as fuck isn't 3.8ghz under stock conditions.

oy vey delet

But gee said they are in israel and thats bad because jews are evil

intel does intel stuff

who isnt suprised

the damage control team that was dispatched to the thread almost immediately

it is 3.8

TL;DR benchmarks are accurate as long as you install any cooling better than the trash Intel includes with their CPUs.

And check that the motherboard isn't basically overclocking by default.

I didn't even need to click the link to know this was yet another adoredtv amd shilling/intel+nvidia FUD spreading crap like always

>Jayz already groveling in the comments

Topkek. "I-I'm redoing my Ryzen benches, honest! I-I-I'm not part of the Shintel machine!"

Now one thing is having an accent, another thing entirely is having a literal speech impediment that makes you utterly unable to properly enunciate words as well as pronounce them in a flat out wrong way.

How can people genuinely listen to this garbage?

>I didn't even need to click the link to know this was yet another adoredtv amd shilling/intel+nvidia FUD spreading crap like always

youtube.com/watch?v=zi-zU2p2ykc

kek nice try

>accents are speech impediments

>HIS ACCENT IS BAD DON'T WATCH HIS VIDEOS GOYS

>so I told that teachin' lady I only needed to know three letters. U! S! A!

In this guy's case it might as well be. He sounds like he's in fucking pain and begging for someone to put him down.

Just out of curiosity, where do you live?

the only thing I change was clock speed and voltage.

Inside your skeltal

8400 getting 4ghz is due to Z370 and their auto-OC feature(multicore optimization, motherboard vendors skirting intel specifications). This is something few realize. Stock 8400's turbo on 1 core is only 4ghz and 6 core is lower. JayZTwoCents confirm this. So does GamerNexus. So they'll probably update their "reviews" notifying users about this motherboard feature.

on H370 or lower costing motherboard, this is going to be lower performing than what's shown with the Z370 + multi-core enhancements features.

Other than that, what hes saying is mainly number speculations, which might be semi-useful for those without any info or don't know how to calculate performance differences between different clocks, but not very useful for me.

I want a 8700K. I love being to OC high, but... that TIM tho :( fucking Intel