I have never seen any poster from this country. Do they even have internet ?

I have never seen any poster from this country. Do they even have internet ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congo_Free_State
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They post under belgian flags

>Do they even have internet ?
Given what we did to them I doubt they'll ever have the possibility. Luxembourg has more internet connections than the Freestate

>Do they even have internet?
They do have internet but they have no hands to type.

lol

i was waiting for this 2bh

7/10 keks were shed

Of course they have internet, the capital Kinshasa isn't that bad but of course the more rural parts are bad.

le sea access face

>tfw Belgium probably just wanted sea access because there's a town called Banana
We've been preparing ourselves for the cuckery for over 120 years

Even we have internet now, Congo just needs more Sup Forumsernational shitposters.

I think most people in Congo are tribal bush niggers who have never seen electric light. Parts of it are still unexplored afaik.

Why do they have such a small sea coast?

> Banana

wtf i hate Belgium

>what we did to them
Build roads, railways, schools, hospitals, basic amenities and establish a stable goverment? Is that what you're referring to? It isn't Belgium's fault that they can't maintain the advtantages of a proper operational country. Many African countries can hardly function at all ever since European colonial rule left them to their own vices and all that they left behind for them. No good deed goes unpunished.

thank you

You watched too much Empire of the Sand

Kill yourself. This makes sense for Morocco, Tunisia and South Africa, hardly for any other.

You cheeky cunt.

But those states are pretty decent.

It also makes sense for Detroit.

Belgium left behind 30 college graduates to maintain everything. Just 30. They did literally nothing to prepare the Congolese for independence.

I don't get it

Black soldiers fighting for Belgium amputated hands as trophies.

Black and white soldiers. It wasn't just blacks.

[citation needed]

Thanks

>They did literally nothing to prepare the Congolese for independence.
What did Britain do to prepare USA for independence?

So, which Congo is best Congo Tbh?

Well they haven't got any arms to type letters, you know.

The one described in the Heart of Darkness.

The US was a settler colony, that's not a fair comparison. That was also 200 years earlier when infrastructure/technology didn't require a college degree to be able to manage and society was much simpler. Belgium controlled access to education for the Congo, and they put in far less effort than even other colonial powers to educate Africans. If they did not want that responsibility, they should not have colonized the Congo. It's as simple as that.

Provide a source that says it was exclusively blacks first.

Was waiting to do it.

> they did not want that responsibility
What responsibility? What responsibility does a conqueror have to the vanquished?

>Provide a source that says it was exclusively blacks first.

Burden of proof is on you. To be specific, black soldiers cut hands and feet and sometimes ate other blacks, on the direct orders or due to the encouragement of white officers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congo_Free_State

>What responsibility?
God fucking dammit how are you this dense? You expected that the Congo be able to rule itself at independence. That requires experienced and college educated people. Who controlled access to getting that experience and education in the Congo? I'll give you a minute to figure that one out. You can't expect somebody to accomplish something while simultaneously preventing them from doing so.

>What responsibility does a conqueror have to the vanquished?
None if you want to be an asshole about it, but you also have no right to complain when people call you an asshole for thinking what happened to the Congo is a good thing. Do you really believe the world would be worse off if Europeans had to acquire resources through free trade and not colonialism?

>Burden of proof is on you.
It's on both of us. You claimed it was exclusively black soldiers doing it. I claimed it was both black and white soldiers, and the black soldiers were doing it because of Leopold.

forgot to attach this

Bruh all functioning states require huge amounts of mid to low level bureaucrats to function.

Take for example the Soviet Union, after the revolution a wast majority of the "bourgeoisie" enemies in the civil service retained their jobs and just went to work for the Soviet government.

Congo (and a lot of other post colonial states) didn't have enough non-white bureaucrats to keep the infrastructure that was left by the colonial powers functioning.

Also there is the aspect of ethnic conflict that was fostered intentionally. Eg. in Rwanda both the Germans and the Belgians fostered animosity between the Hutus and Tutsis by being consistently pro-Tutsi which eventually lead to the cluster fuck that is the Rwandan genocide.

If this isn't irresponsible and down right evil behavior then I don't know what is.

>If this isn't irresponsible and down right evil behavior then I don't know what is.
The Canadian doesn't care about that as long as he sees the strong dominating the weak.

You clearly know as much about Congo as you do about how to not shitpost. This "we got them civilization" meme doesn't work at all for this country, Belgium didn't do jackshit there. Belgium didn't even try to set up a stable transfer government and tried to put coups d'état on the Congo twice, going as far as helping the Katanga Province to get independent so that they can keep exploiting the copper mines.