Do Russians feel ashamed about their Soviet past?

Do Russians feel ashamed about their Soviet past?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camps_for_Russian_prisoners_and_internees_in_Poland_(1919–24)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not really, why would I? I don't even feel soviet, I was raised in capitalistic times.

Yes that's why I moved to America.

Ve a chingar a tu puta madre

No. Why should I?

>Not being proud of the Red empire

Sí, mucho.

Because Communism.

They've got so much to be ashamed of right now, why would they bother with shit that's not their fault?

Ssssoooo? Is it supposed to be shamefull?

you genocided Ukrainians and willingly kept your own people in poverty for decades. could've been first world.

any proofs?

>feel ashamed about their Soviet past
What did he mean by this?

here is a starving Ukrainian family who was forced to eat their children who died of starvation in order to survive

that old fucker can join his hero in the depths of hell soon enough

That's not what really happened. So nopes. Furthermore half of my ancestors are ukrainians.

Not only Ukrainian families were affected by government actions.

Russians didn't genocide us. Commies did. Russians are the victims of that regime as Ukrainians.

That famine also happened in southern Russia and northern Kazakhstan, what is your point? Furthermore most of communist party memebrs especially in highest echelons were non russians-jews, georgians, ukrainians etc (Stalin, Beriya, Khrushyov-all are not russians).

Russians feel ashamed that it's their past that is Soviet, and not their present.

Russians voted for communism! The blood is on their hands too!

True.

>voted
>voted
>voted
Is education that bad in the west? Revolution was started by latvians btw and mostly leaded by jews.

What about Germans, though?

>Some Americans voted for Obama, therefore all his bullshit is on the hands of EVERY American!

The only thing Russians need to be ashamed of is being defeated by Polan in 1921

Also they should be ashamed of how shitty they fought in WWI

You what Sancho?

We are pround of it.

What's so shameful about it? Russia would've still been communist if that bunch of traitors in the government hadn't destroyed the Soviet Union. 1950-1985 was the best period of our history.

more people dying in the middle of the street from starvation

> my ancestors are Ukrainian
congratulations they survived by stealing or killing
all soviet citizens with morals and generosity died very quickly

> t. ethnic Russian bombing hospitals in Luhansk

Wut. USSR was created by Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and some republic on the Caucasus (ZSSR if I remind correctly). We are all to blame. We all.

> how shitty they fought in WWI
true, but this was because of commies

They're proud of it.

>here is a starving Ukrainian family

Nice try, but this photo was taken in Volga Region of Russia in 1921.
8 million people have died during that famine within one year. Communists confiscated all food from the peasants and killed without trial everyone who resisted.

No, why would I be ashamed of it? The best part of Soviet past is the amount of butthurt it causes in Poland.

No. They just were living in region that wasn't affected by famine. My russian part of ancestors suffered commies though. Grandgrandgranddad was shot for having the house and some land and his son-my grandgranddad was labeled as the "son of the enemy of people" for his whole life though he was the patriot of Soviet Union the whole his life and his son.aka my grandad was professional military serviceman, he served in Syria in 70's and ended his carrier as colonel of anti air forces. My ukrainian granddad lived only with his mother in the noethern Ukraine after war. They had to feed themselves with rotten potatoes. He became a military serviceman too, served in Vietnam (killed bunch of yankees by shooting their b-52's) and became colonel too by the end of his service.

Ukraine was and still is a breadbasket.
It was fully capable of supplying food for itself and many others during those years. There was no food shortages or bad crop yields from extreme weather.

Stalin intentionally punished Ukraine who was pushing for independence.

I'm not Russian and I've never been to Lugansk. You are stupid and don't know history well enough and tell me what happened in MY country

And now what actually happened.
Stalin was rapidly industrializing the country and he needid foreign machinery for that. Unfortunately the western companies were banned to get payment in gold from the soviet union (by american government) so they had to pay it with crops that were forcefully taken by people across all the countey including Ukraine and southern Russia.

Nope

>you genocided Ukrainians
Hohol immigrant is on the loose again.

Trotskiy said Russians are not needed in the communist future of humanity, all Russians had to die fighting for that, he literally said "to become a fuel of the World Revolution's fire".

There's still people dying from hunger today

Poverty is at the lowest level in all of history.

I really feel ashamed for the present, not for the past. I am talking about Crimea and Ukrainian crisis, and that is really sad moment of history of my country, for me.

> MY country
prove you are not a proxy

the rapid industrialization argument doesnt make sense.
why was Ukraine affected disproportionately?
why was migration to less affected regions banned?
why were people instead being relocated to regions severely affected by famine?

recently declassified papers regarding Holodomor showed that Ukrainians specifically were not recieving the same aid that was given to other regions.

No, in fact they're pathetically proud and what's even worse is that they worship the very people that allowed the legitimate Russian imperial state to be overthrown for a lesser and tyrannical phantom state based on the most flawed and destructive economic theory in human history.

You raped history as a science

t. hohol diaspora

'no'

It is dark history but why feel shame?

>what is Holodomor

hardly a genocide

Famines in USSR had nothing to do with ethnic cleansing. There were four big famines that affected huge territories. I live on the Volga where the first one hit in early 20s. And saying "you" is retarded when talking about Stalin's repressions, it's like shaming a rape victim.

Westerners think having a country fall to communism is shameful.

so do you?

The majority miss it

Why do Russians miss a system that actively harms the economy?

Are you kidding? Only pride.

>harms the economy

Wow, murikans really believe this?
The USSR was the 2nd world power with half of the population than murika, but somehow they did this "harming their economy"?

Now, that they are not """"""harming their economy""""" anymore, people are poorer, and they aren't even the 3rd economic power anymore.

Basically, you are deluded

Nowhere near as harmful as the corrupt liberalism they have now!

At least communists were driven by love and humanism rather than greed.

It's like losing any other war.

They don't. people feed themselves thank to private business.

Basically he's right.

>communists were driven by love and humanism rather than greed
Well memed. They just stole and killed.

Yeah, I guess when you can fabricate numbers like the highest production output of shoelaces and keep the world on the brink of sensationalised nuclear war rhetoric your presence can become somewhat worrisome.

I guess Ari here can tell us what a REAL shoah is like.

Of course an Argentinan supports communism. How did communism help out the Argie economy?

How is Venezuela doing?

Commie, pls

>putin said holomodor didn't happen

>love and humanism

>How do we help starving people, depression, failed economy, stop the civil war and crime?
>Maybe buy tens Rollce Royces for every Bolshevick leader and build huge houses, ha-ha?
>Say no more, comrade.

See .

It is documented that the famines within Ukraine were delibrately practiced to weaken the country.

cold war propaganda

>ukrainian genocide
lel
The Ukrainians were not specifically targeted in the 1932-33 famine.
Also, poverty in the Soviet Union didn't mean going without a house, job, education, or healthcare like it did in the West.

That photo is from the Russian Civil War, not the Golodomor.

>country
(You)

This image causes massive butthurt.

The map clearly shows that the area of famines is more than Ukrainian SSR that wasn't a country btw.

There was no secret that some consumer goods were in shortages.

There's no question that the collectivised farming policies resulted in the death of mostly ethnic Ukrainians ranging in the numbers of 2.3-7.5 million. Of course records from these times and locations are meagre but the idea that the famine was indeed man made and forced upon these people can't be denied.
Actual output doesn't matter, only what's printed on paper.

The idea was that the famines weren't something exclusive to Ukraine. Souther Russian soil was more fertile, thet's why Bolshevics focused on it. the American poster above said "we genocided" them, it has no sence and also not correct.

>How did communism help out the Argie economy?
Fucking Jesus man, get an eductation, in the whole history of Argentina we never had one communist president, ONE.
Stop thinking the shit you see on CNN is real, you fat fuck.

No, they are brainwashed beyond saving.

fuck you

We've lose in Cold war it's a real shame.

nah not really these faggots embrace their past, they are proud of the fact their fathers and grandfathers were mass murderers and thieves

Yes.

USSR was waaay too pacifist and thought too highly of US/EU.

> they are proud of the fact their fathers and grandfathers were mass murderers and thieves
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camps_for_Russian_prisoners_and_internees_in_Poland_(1919–24)

This thread is not about Poland, Gzegoz.

They weren't murdered. I guess we weren't taking care of them as they were the ones who attacked us.

Also
>16-20 thousands
You've murdered more in Katyń alone.

"We are your brothers stop being butthurt and paranoid, your russophobia is so irrational!"

>between 16,000-17,000 (Polish figures)[2] and 18,000-20,000 (Russian figures)[2] died, mostly as a result of harsh conditions and epidemics which raged in the camps.
Just fuck you, subhuman.

Aren't you deserved it? :3

half of population? what?

soviet union had bigger population than US

can you read?

epidemics =/= genocide

Ashamed? No.

Angry and disgusted, and concerned Europe is headed in that direction - yes.

No such place friend

Isn't Putin say that he likes communism?

*Didn't

>soviet union after Stalin
>"""Communism"""

Dindu nufings
So cute

No, I actually feel proud tbqh