ITT: Post Impressive Software

Post software you think is just plain impressive in scope. It doesn't matter if you'll never use it or even if its useful for a lot of use cases, its just plain impressive software in terms of effort involved.

>hard mode; no kernels or userlands

My vote goes to the Dolphin Emulator. These guys make NO compromises when designing this shit and their effort has clearly payed off. While a bunch of retards were hacking together N64 and PS2 emulators that don't work the Dolphin guys were running laps documenting the lowest instructions of the PowerPC 750CL and its derivatives. truly impressive.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3BS5kBp0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the only problem I have with rufus is it doesn't do multiboot as far as I know.

I use Yumi primarily.

Qbittorent. Impressive it isn't infected with adware and toolbars.

yeah but I don't think that's rufus' purpose. it's just a lightweight bootable stick builder

I've always had good luck with Rufus - pretty easy and doesn't require an install.

This isn't a particularly advanced program, but my vote goes to Geany. It's my favorite text editor and I've been using it for 10 years or so. Compared to all the other FOSS I've used it's impressive to me how I have never once witnessed a single bug in it. All the other FOSS I use on a daily basis I'm usually able to find at least a few bugs in. For instance, every linux file manager I've used I've at least ran into one bug, glitch or crash. Usually more than one. Same goes for window managers & panels.

Obviously bigger projects that receive corporate backing are more stable, but Geany is just maintained by a few guys as a hobby. There's no funding save for a paypal donate button on their site, which I'm sure they don't make much from. I wish every free program I use could be as stable as Geany, and I wonder what sets it apart and allows it to be so rock solid.

Ubershaders are some "Mel The Programmer" tier batshit insanity. I still can't believe someone actually built an entire GPU emulator in GLSL.

The Reality Co processor is a wholly separate chip than the MIPS CPU on the N64. The Emotion Engine is the one with the MIPS core in it. The PS2 is absolutely more powerful than the GameCube as well.

You can model, sculpt, texture, draw, animate, do post processing and it has it's own game engine. It's almost as universal as Emacs.

>dolphin

>prop software

>payed off

kys ESL faggot.

came here to post this also impressive beast digits, very nice

GNU Coreutils

why did you make an exact copy of this 8ch thread? not only the OP but I made this exact reply to that thread and you copy pasted it

this is weird user

why ;__;

TempleOS

That place is botnet, like literally. The owner work for the government collecting users data.

Fuck that place.

What???

I don't go there any more but I want an answer from OP because this thread is weird as fuck.

google search the text of the geany post. you will find an 8ch thread from weeks ago that is a duplicate of this one.

Emacs. Too bad they still havent finished the text editor module.

Any High-Frequency-Trading stuff that bypasses the Kernel. Basically all computations is done on the chips of the network cards. Tiny, weak and very low latency, also regulations by the meter that needs to be followed.

actually nvm you won't because google censors 8ch but here is the thread

pastebin.com/3BS5kBp0

I don't see it.

see

Ok thanks i see it now.