>xfce instead of kde
the only excuse for this is old hardware

what's the point of KDE? xfce is faster so it's better

>Packages: 851
>perfect distribution

what's the point of a de?
using the cli is faster so it's better

features nigger, features
yes, it uses more resources, but you can spare an extra 200 mb of ram for great shit like krunner

That's not Ubuntu 17.10

>A fork of a fork of a god
Why not go for the best distro out there directly?

>yes, it uses more resources, but you can spare an extra 200 mb of ram for great shit like krunner

why would I want to use that? XFCE comes with an application finder and that's enough for me.

That's budgie you fucking idiot.

>Manjaro

such a weird name.

>Implying Ubuntu and Debian aren't

Debian is literally Deb Ian (the guy who started the project who killed himself some time ago and his wife)

brraaaap

and Manjaro comes from Mount Kilimanjaro.

pretty comfy, right

Your seen to be missing your glasses so I zoomed in for you

>too stupid to install arch so you go with a distro with shitty packages

Nice. Installing arch takes at most 30 min if you are retarded, all you do is copy paste from the wiki

Very much liking Manjaro GNOME, installed today after getting pissed with KDE since my installation of that yesterday.

Considering either permanently moving to Iridium, or some other Firefox fork. Any browser suggestions?

>Too stupid to install Arch.

KDE is comfy as fuck

Anyone know if wayland and plasma 5.11 are stable enough for every day use? I've got an nvidia GPU and I've heard there's a lot of issues with nvidia and wayland, so I haven't tried to upgrade anything yet.

>1148 MB RAM
that's more than twice as much, as I have on my machine ... better get rid of that bloated bast called XFCE

>hendrix, xfce, openbox, tiling
nice. pretty /comfy/

if you look close enough, you can see, I have a browser open in the background, with 4chanx, oneechan and some other tabs, tough more than enough RAM

does openbox tile out of the box, or is there a package for that?

>more than enough RAM
yeah, you have a light setup. i also see swap was invoked though.

openbox doesn't tile out of the box, I use tmux for that

>tmux
ah yes you're using it to split a terminal window into panes. good idea.

Wait until Wayland has actual nvidia support

As usual, I concur.

GODDAMN nigga. I never thought I'd see someone with a shittier system than my secondary machine

bretty good, any other cool features?

It's not anything special. Just kde, and Firefox with custom css. Everything but the wallpaper was pulled right from the theme "store" built right into the settings of kde. The browser css is one I've been using for pretty much ever.

The only thing I can't figure out is why my clock looks fine to me but looks like garbled ass in screenshots.

Brother. Got thangs running in the other workspaces and dont feel like opening palemoon.

Why did manjaro become cool all of a sudden? Last time I checked it was just that shitty fork that didn't really work well

I don't remember everything I had running in that screenshot, but I know for sure that I at least had another terminal window with weechat, and probably pcmanfm, engrampa, and some other shit in the file management tag. I genuinely didn't expect to have gentoo running so incredibly smoothly on an atom netbook. Shit compiles way faster than I ever would've expected.

Just the name makes me think it's slow, buggy, and bloated.

You know... We both have the same resolution and CPU... Is yours an aspire one? Mine originally had the same amount of RAM as yours too until I swapped it with a 2GB stick I had laying around for shits and grins even though it said 1GB was the max.

Source on the wallpaper

absolute shit

Shit runs sooo silky smooth compiled from source. Really happy woth it. Using my phenom II desktop to compile shit through distcc tho. Bretty gud.
Nahh dell 1018 mini. Just use it for memeing mostly. Got an old thInkpad r500 I found in the trash im about to trick out. got 4gs ram and a 2.9Ghz cpu (w00t) wanna put openbsd in that little girl.

might go for this

here's a webm of my setup, proving this fag's wrong I cut down the framerate for reasons

Can anybody post the background?

Strange. Did they change the Gentoo logo last night?

I don't undersand why people go with source based distros like gentoo on toasters. Doesn't it take ages to emerge anything? My main box is gentoo, but on an i7, and its still pretty painful to emerge gcc/firefox etc. I stuck void on this box to a(void) long compile times, and this is an i5.

>Oh, look, another shitty Linux distro!
Literally, who gives a fuck?

>void
>avoid compiling
joke of the day

Which browser are you running?

palemoon

Ubuntu is an ancient African spell though

Ubuntu is a philosophy of sort. Kilimanjaro is a mountain. Debian is a combination of Debra and Ian.

what about

>battery life
>less buggy
>personal preference

>4u

Manjaro is a Swahili word meaning “I can’t configure Arch.”

made me crack a smile

>install Manjaro KDE last year
>sudo pacman -Syu
>all my software starts closing immediately on startup, effectively breaking my system

Haven't used Linux since. Does anyone know what might've happened?

>4GB of ram used
ew.

>has 16gb ram
>omgggg 4gb ram used what a fucking bloated shit lelelelel
kys

wayland is absolutely horrible at the moment, maybe 5.12.

XFCE just feels right.

Your desktop looks like shit.

Wtf is wrong with your clock, user?

>4GB RAM usage with nothing opened
>4 Loop Devices
>Linux Mint
>KDE
>Discord
can it get any curry that that

Perfect distros don't exi--

Found only this

you're welcome

Manjaro KDE is buggy as shit

KDE is buggy as shit, m8 that's nothing specific to a distro.

Manjaro is buggy as shit, m8 that's nothing specific to a de.

Post background famalam.

>Defending KDE

Not defending KDE. Bashing Manjaro. KDE crashed multiple times a day when I used it.

So nothing specific? Kthen