Richard Matthew Stallman

>Richard Matthew Stallman
>Born March 16, 1953
>Died October 11, 2017(age64)
>An Americansoftware freedom activist andprogrammer. He campaigned for software to be distributed in a manner such that its users receive the freedoms to use, study, distribute and modify that software. Software that ensures these freedoms is termedfree software. Stallman launched theGNU Project, founded theFree Software Foundation, developed theGNU Compiler CollectionandGNU Emacs, and wrote theGNU General Public License, he will be missed dearly

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/5847906/strange-misguided-man-glad-steve-jobs-has-died
vimeo.com/6684517
stallman.org/archives/2017-jul-oct.html#11_October_2017_(Edited_photo)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RIP

Source?

I'm not glad he's dead but I'm glad he's gone.

>I'm not glad he's dead but I'm glad he's gone.

Someone explain this meme to me.

gizmodo.com/5847906/strange-misguided-man-glad-steve-jobs-has-died

(((Stallman)))

Gizmodo are such faggot cucks

It was a suicide. Someone asked him to Netflix and chill

Fake news

I loved his movies

"Fake news" to right wingers (meaning real news) or to left wingers (meaning fake)?

Would anyone really give a shit if he died let's be real

I don't care that he's alive, so no.

I would

He knew it was futile, who cares about "freedoms", muh libre, muh gnu.

Truth is, nobody cared about what he was advocating for. Look at gimp, look at other free software, it's all shit. If we didn't have companies having their software completely locked down we would've gotten chinese to ripoff that shit, and repackage the software as their own.

free software was never going to take off. And as much as I hate to say this, his entire life's work was for nothing. A waste of time, and a waste of energy.

unbiased as fuck imotbqhfihwu

free software is great for anything besides image or video editing. go shill elsewhere

Even gaming is getting better, with quite a few steam games available.
There is also Kdenlive, which I hear is a very nice Video Editor, and GIMP, Krita, and Darktable are some Free Software for Images

>leftists
>believing anything real
Your spot on about the right though

rip, you will be missed gnuman

made me check, fuck you

Thank god

>>An Americansoftware freedom activist andprogrammer
yahoo tells me that he's a music man.

Why would they set out to hurt him so much?

Sup Forums pls go

rip gentoo man

I always refuse to call it GNU/Linux but if Stallman died I might be cool with tacking on the GNU. Every time I hear GNU/Linux I just imagine Stallman's slimy headache inducing pleading jew voice

Retarded hippy that didn't think about monetary realities and spread his GPL cancer to other projects, preventing them from going head to head with current monopolies. He is one of the largest single factors why I'm still using a shitty Microsoft OS instead of a jointly created open source version.

Check again.

I'd like to interject.

But can't figure how. So I'll leave it up to you.

vimeo.com/6684517

I sacrifice my checking for the greater good of others, my fellow shitposter fiend.

>"I'm not glad he's dead"
>Strange Misguided Man Glad Steve Jobs Has Died
Why is the press full of leftist rats ?

Kdenlive is okay but it sucks shit on Windows and it's unstable as fuck. Shotcut does similar stuff but it is very difficult to understand and crashes often.
Gimp works for what it's supposed to do. I am familiar with it and understand it's shortcuts so I can do well with the program. It's not the best, but it's not the worst.
Krita is arguably one of the best drawing tools, nothing to argue against there.

Hahaha le leftist bogeyman

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this obese, autistic, foot-cheese-eating, America-hating, communist neckbeard is the greatest figure of embarrassment in free software?

The foot-cheese-eating is the only embarassing thing he has done

Gay furry trap who shat xerself when Shillary lost detected.

Turning his once interesting and GNU related website into a communist blog where rages all day about Drumpf (or as he says, "the troll") and Americas support of anti-Soviet resistance movements in South America half a century ago (his justification for refusing to mourn the victims of 9/11), is pretty embarrassing desu.

>Windows
KEK

FUCK YOU MADE MY HEART SKIP A BEAT

>Wants to liberate the common man from the shackles of corporatocracy and restore power over their data, software, and processing to them
>Is the butt of endless jokes and teasing because he's kind of autistic
I kind of feel bad for him, honestly. He's one of the very rare voices that actually says things that need to be said, especially now more than ever before.
I actually kind of want to Libreboot an X200 and go all-out.

Fuck you OP for making me check Stallman is not dead. Fucking troll

Man I wish it was real, can't this insufferable faggot just die

He died of gentoo

Goodbye father.
Maybe in a better world, a better time, we may not fail you again. But this is not that world.

I wouldn't

Underrated post

Free software is better than shit. Plus at least he made what he made. Not by just sitting and bitching, but creating software and more.

stallman.org/archives/2017-jul-oct.html#11_October_2017_(Edited_photo)

> he knows

lmao link to picture or post it

someone has it. its years old

It's painful desu

drm and chill

can someone please post the image

Here

Don't worry, he'll just get forked, but HE'LL REMAIN FREE BECAUSE GPL!

Whoa, dull that sharp edge dude. Sure he's nuts, but he's beautiful nuts.

Gr8 b8.

Microsoft have ported .Net, powershell and SQL server to linux because "free software sucks".

>Microsoft

I wish this fat communist would die