Vapes

Can you actually change the software of a vape?
For example like to make it do interesting stuff, like idk custom text or menus or idk

Other urls found in this thread:

nfeteam.org/
fasttech.com/products/1420/10004182/2535100-authentic-lg-18650hg2-3-6v-3000mah-rechargeable
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>vaping
just stop

A thread died for this

yeah

The rapid discharge hw mod is the nicest, boosts the smoke output by several orders of magnitude.

Just poke the batteries with a nail or something while vaping. Stop poking when you can smell lithium and the smoke increases.

Enjoy my friend.

That's actually really dangerous, dude. Would not recommend.

why vape at all

>people shouldn't quite cigarettes

I

why do either?

>quite
Vaping confirmed for retards

Yea there's custom firmware for some models. You could play flappy bird and shit on it. Had way better text options and menus. Then I stopped vaping cause I realized nicotine only made me tired.

kill yourself

Sort of.

From what I can tell most mods use very similar firmware. Eleaf makes software that changes some stuff, not much.
Pic related

ITT newfags forget that there used to be an ecig general on here circa 2014 that no-one had issue with until one fag started to whine so the mods banned them
nfeteam.org/

>Smoke hookah every night after work while playing video games
>Oh fuck tip over the coal
>Quickly pick it up and the few split pieces
>Carpet is burned
>fuck me.avi
>Look into alternatives
>Buy a vape
>Tastes better
>Draws easier
>No more worry about a mess

I'm glad I made the switch

They can certainly be hacked to explode.

Now I need to figure how to get the exploder virus onto people's "mods"...

>ecig
It's called a vape, grandpa

I've been using an ecigarette daily for ever five years, and I will *NEVER* refer to it as "vaping" / "a vape".

probably could be done to mods what have bluetooth and shit
>dont charge with pc
ez

based mods, soon all generals will follow

Holy fuck wasn't even thinking of that. Absolutely perfect attack vector.

Now, could these things actually be made to blow themselves up? I'd think it'd be hard since the batteries aren't charged in the device but externally in a dumb charger (correct?)

...does anyone have an idea what percentage of these mods charge the batteries externally vs. have a USB port for charging?

Depends on the Ohms Amps and Volts being drawn from batteries(A), and Ohms of the coils in the tank, Don't even think the fire button can be triggered by the software, but I am sure something could be done. Like PC-wise I am not surel.

All mods have it different,
some just have the USB for firmware update
some have charging or both
you have to include balanced charging as well

>Calling a non-tobacco product a cigarette

Every time i see some faggot vaping i deduct dignity points. Same as I would when I see someone with tattoos.

Smoke cigarettes and die early like a fucking man.

Just curious what % would be vulnerable to an attack that'd potentially cause them to explode.

Let's say there was a device that charged and loaded firmware over USB, is there any reason to think the charging isn't fully software controlled, so that it'd be made to over-charge the battery? Or would there necessarily be some kind of fallback hardware over charge circuitry?

Vapes either Internal or inserted batteries into them, just charge from the power drawn from the USB port, so you'd actually have to modify the port to damage the battery

Reality check for you, edgy tardo.

Most batteries have built in hardware protection.

Sorry, time to put the anonymous mask back on the wall and clean your fedora.

>We call them "films" even when there's no film involved today
>A "trunk" hasn't actually been a trunk in over a century

Not to mention the technical term for a joint is a "marajuana cigarette" even though it doesn't contain tobacco.

Thinking about it, mods that have the firmware controlled by bluetooth usually control everything about the vape like Wattage and others,
not really sure what all they can control and trigger just from the app or via the connection.

0%

The reason being that the firmware only controls what the hardware is capable of. Vape mod manufacturers go out of their way to put tons of hardware protection in the mods because idiots were doing things like putting batteries in the wrong way or using batteries that couldn't safely output what the user is trying to draw from it.

Not to mention it's really difficult to find batteries without a protection circuit built in to keep it from actually exploding. They vent, rather than explode. And all mods have vent holes for that eventuality to keep the pressure from building up inside the mod.

Pretty sure these ecigarettes with the replaceable batteries use "unprotected" cells.

Negative. No one sells 18650s without them these days. Sony VTC4/5, Samsung 25R, and a couple LG and Panasonic models are all the most common and popular.

write a timer to make it explode and shove it up your ass

Not my scene, but these are the second highest sellers on FT and say they're unprotected: fasttech.com/products/1420/10004182/2535100-authentic-lg-18650hg2-3-6v-3000mah-rechargeable

>hehe ill just explode the hands and mouth out of those people who want to quit smoking lmao so fun xD
>lmao so funny i just sent an old man to the hospital
The joys of bashing your head in against a wall couldn't be bought with money.

where do you guys get your eliquid? i use vapewild and tbdliquids

tbd is expensive otherwise i'd use it exclusively

mix your own its better

Local smoke enthusiast store. They use to be a tiny shack selling stoner shit, but vapes opened a whole new realm and they expanded. The owner spends his time just glass blowing and making water pipes while another guy deals with customers. It's rad just watching him do his craft.

Make your own or buy mine. Use code 4chins for 35% off. Should bring it below vapewild prices. Dontdrinkmyjuice.com

Can I make a vape with an Arduino, an Arduino display, a 9v battery, a couple 18650s and some wire?

Used to guy from GreenhouseOne, but the last few years only from FastTech because it's cheap and reliable. Sometimes I think I shouldn't put shit from China in my lungs, but then I realize everything ultimately comes from China.

I want to see you try, but yeah I don't see why not. Just remember not to short the wires in a way that would damage the boards

I'd use an opto-isolator famalam. That's what the 9V is for. Seperate circuit entirely.

>live shorter because of "dignity"
Way to go, user. Make some living space for those who live for themselves, and not for how others judge them.

>being mad about a thread dying for this
You should be mad at all of the 18650s wasted on this

i fucking bet you Sup Forums would eat this shit up if they could put >muh ANIMEME GIRLS to display on it

>idk
Vapers are low IQ nu male retards.

Call me back when an app on a vapestick changes tobacco into hi-grade kush.

Yes.
Some fags even manage to play tetris or flappy bird on it or diplay waifus on tiny screen

Everything is a fucking computer these days.

DNA devices allow that sort of customisation and more

Check'd, but why is this a meme? Is this the same as the whole "smoking makes you an awful person" bs in the 90s

This meme is sponsored by American Tobaccoâ„¢