/hpg/ Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones
>Guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T1l9hsLo2Qg
head-fi.org/threads/beyerdinamic-dt880-vs-sony-mdr-ma900-two-nights-impressions.666324/
clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2016/04/sony-mdr-ma900-over-ear-headphones.html
clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2015/05/introduction-measurement-procedures.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what is the second best headphone behind the ma900?

Definitely not DT880.

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

>ma900
This headphone is literally garbage.

>no dummy head

Can someone pack together a rar of all these fee... headphone pictures?

>he unironically believes the dt880 has more comfort and soundstage

literally confirmed as shit by various measurements

Seconding this

>no dummy head

He doesn't actually believe that. Nobody who has tried both would. He probably hasn't even tried the MA900. He may not even have tried the DT880. He's just shitposting m8.

>wah wah I don't like when my favorite headphone looks like shit so to discredit the measurements I'll post 'no dummy head' but I'll use these very same measurements to shitpost against other brands

Literally you.

Literally ComfyGrados.

>He's just shitposting m8.
I know, I just love how easy it is to b8 shitposters with the ma900

Not sure what you're trying to achieve with this argument, is it about the bass? Because good seals are much harder to achieve on dummy heads (and by extension actual peoples heads) as opposed to flat couplers.

youtube.com/watch?v=T1l9hsLo2Qg

Best on HD600.

head-fi.org/threads/beyerdinamic-dt880-vs-sony-mdr-ma900-two-nights-impressions.666324/

>Soundstage: DT880 is winner here

Best on literally no headphone

Good taste, user.
I love how she's appreciating the warmth of her brewage. There's something tasteful and perverted about it.

they're still shit on a dummy head, pic related

good job relying on other people's impressions rather than owning or hearing either of them yourself. you also said the comfort was superior to the ma900 but the reviewer says:
>I think Sony is most comfortable phone you can wear, compared to DT880 you have no slight headband pressure. It is like to wear nothing.

your opinions hold no weight because you ahve to resort to an impression on a headfi to actually back yourself up

It's about the upper mids and treble, which flat couplers cannot measure properly.
Apparently I'm a tripfag from 2014 who triggered this user hard enough for him to write a long, detailed list of things that trigger him and post it on /hpg/. Amusing. It's bad enough dealing with the autism in these threads but now I have to deal with mental illness. Lovely.

>ComfyGrados
TrustFucks is my shitposting waifu

>Edit: I listened MA900 lately with Ibasso D12 and I was stunned how soundstage changed. I think you better use good DAC for MA900.
You're posting the opinion of someone who thinks DACs change soundstage as if it means anything. That's hilarious.

he most likely doesn't know that you can move them on your ears and that there is a sweet spot for them, and then thinks the change in dacs did that

that's k702 tier

>Rin Choi August 18, 2013 at 2:22 PM
>I took it down because the data was not robust.
You're posting data that Rin removed from his website because he wasn't confident in it. Deceptive much? Poor show, user.

clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2016/04/sony-mdr-ma900-over-ear-headphones.html

It's okay, you bought a shit headphone.

clarityfidelity.blogspot.com/2015/05/introduction-measurement-procedures.html
>no dummy head

ouch that ringing looks painful

>It's about the upper mids and treble, which flat couplers cannot measure properly.
Elaborate. Flat coupler measurements are often accurate representations of the sound signature of a given headphone, with a dummy head you'll have the HRTF which you'll want to compensate for to get accurate results. They may be more accurate than flat coupler measurements but not by such a significant margin that flat coupler measurements should be dismissed.

What ringing? I swear at this point you're intentionally saying the opposite of the truth just to bait responses.

Which also is known for having more stage than DT880.

did you not get enough attention as a child? or are you still a child and desiring attention

I want the Yen to tank again so I can buy L700s.

that bass distortion tho

I'd like some too but an HD800 Eq'd to their FR will sound better

Then you'll want the USD to tank so you can buy a good amp for them.

so would $5 earphones

Do I really have to search the archive for that one user's post about THD measurements not being reliable indicators of audibility?

That's retarded.
I already have a HV mini

HD600

now with more australian

Buy a Carbon.

>upside down

Well shit. You can see them I guess

Not worth it yet. When I can afford 009s, yes.

007 > 009

>they fell for the transient response meme

I've never liked the 007s, too dark sounding for my tastes.

>he can't afford a SR-009

I can buy like 30 of those with my savings and I'd consider myself poor.

Confirms my theory that headphone audiophiles are poor and look to audiophilia as a form of escapism.

That's because you've been using them with inadequate amps. Interesting you'd consider even buying spritzer's amps when your opinions collide with his to such a degree.

mudcannonswithnosubbass.jpg

>I can buy like 30 of those with my savings and I'd consider myself poor.
>my savings
That's the point, being able to spend that amount of money on headphones without taking much of a hit from it. By saving up for it he could just mean he's saving spending money. If you aren't allocating your income apppropriately there's probably a reason why you're poor.

Best Headphones for Vaporwave, Touhou or weeb music and sometimes power metal. Price range is good with me, something that doesn't have a long ass cable I have which is the Berhydynamic DT 990 Premium. Also have a Fii0 as well.

>That's because you've been using them with inadequate amps.
I love how STAX fans thinks amps matter to a large degree.

How cute.

I also love how pseudo objective they try to act.

I don't own either, but I've auditioned both with the BHSE numerous times and had the chance to spend some time with the 009 powered by the T6000 this weekend at RMAF.

post your headphones

>best headphones for weeb music
HD600, obviously.

>Best Headphones for Vaporwave, Touhou or weeb music and sometimes power metal.
people are going to rec an hd600 but an eq'd hd800 will be better

Electrostats work very differently with amps and the power delivery of the amp has a very big influence on the midrange to treble regions.

I feel like the 009 is for people who can actually tolerate the stock HD800.

>hey guise lets make your shrill waifu's vocals even more shrill

Oh, that's why weebs adore the HD600, they want to filter out the highs and lows to hear their waifus better.

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

>Electrostats work very differently with amps and the power delivery of the amp has a very big influence on the midrange to treble regions.
Can you prove it with measurements?

too late too slow user, the real question has already been established

I'm not here to argue with r/headphones crossposters who come here to shill the O2 and HD600 pairing.

Most headphones post-EQ will be better than any headphone pre-EQ if the EQ is done properly. Your statement is a silly one.

Other way around, shlomo

I've always liked speakers and headphones with a bit of mid range emphasis. While this thread seems to be full of people jerking off to graphs, people shouldn't forget to enjoy the music.

O2 shilling is pretty rare here these days.

I asked if you can prove it? Surely if X amp changed the response as compared to Y amp, it can be quantified with a simple frequency response measurement of the headphone itself.

The ones you own. post 'em, figfag

Seems to have become the case ever since the Magni 2 came around.

>Your statement is a silly one.
an eq'd hd800 is better than an eq'd hd600. it's not a silly statement unless you want to be disigenuous about the meaning behind my comment

if you're using eq just get 5 dollar earphones

I'm not sure why you're even involving yourself in a conversation about expensive electrostatic headphones that measure worse than cheap dynamic headphones. Just say something about them being inaccurate garbage and move on.

>if you're using eq just get 5 dollar earphones
okay, so you're going to be disingenuous. got it.

Nice preconceived notions you got there.

I simply asked if you can prove your claim.

Else what you STAX guys do are no different from swapping cables and describing the sound.

Now, I don't mind being proven wrong, it's an anonymous image board after all.

he never said anything about dynamics you fucktard, he said how electrostats fr relate to their amp. stop being a cocksucker and prove it

got the fostex from ebay since massdrop overprices them by 150$
I like them so far

>Beyersremorse

t50rp? whatever you do, do not put alacantara pads on them

>same pic as always
aren't you tried of people saying the source of that pic presents no evidence of the owner not having hamhands?

>an eq'd hd800 is better than an eq'd hd600.
I won't disagree, but I generally recommend HD600 because I honestly don't think most people are autistic enough to properly and precisely EQ headphones.

Isn't that a long term issue that cost $15 to replace? But forget about that, I want to join the shitposting

provide meaningful comments instead memes that have been ran into the ground or get the fuck out

no the wood memes, got the purpleheart since at the time they costed the same as mahogany
now the mahogany got cheaper :^(

>I honestly don't think most people are autistic enough to properly and precisely EQ headphones.
I agree, and in that case I would just rec sonarworks + hd800 over and hd600. I get a lot of REEEEE sonarworks comments when I say that but w/e I don't care.

>STAX
Tinny and veiled with no bass and poor durability.

>isn't that a long term issue that cost $15 to replace?
Funny how people shitpost about this but don't seem to mind having to get new pads for whatever headphones they have, isn't it?

MA900 postan upset CG.

oh, excellent. how do you like them?

REEEEE Sonarworks. But seriously, they use a melanin-heavy target curve and their high frequency adjustments can potentially worsen response for some users instead of improving it because they don't have access to individual users' HRTF. Cannot recommend.

You only think theres no bass because you have never heard clean bass in your entire life.

>he actually posted a detailed list of things that trigger him, then when that list was exploited posted this message to let people know he was once again triggered

>melanin-heavy
Hi ComfyGrados, as an African American that frequency visits these threads and one who prefers my headphones to have some bass response, I feel offended.

HD800? Looks like HD600 looks a good price range, I'm a type of person who can't justify a single thousand dollar purchase but thanks for reccomendation.

they are the best anime headphone because of their soundstage, but you can't go wrong with an hd600

>HD600
gonna be made obsolete with the new hd660s

>HD 600
>Soundstage
Oh I am laffin', my nigga!

>soundstage
>real