OnePlus 5

Now that I can't have one. What phone can I get for around 500-600 dollars with similar specs that will have support for the same bands. Nearly got chinked.

Nokia 8

This looks promising. I guess I can wait until they release it over here in burgerland. Thank you for the suggestion user.

Yeah this phone actually looks pretty good, better than most other lesser known flagships at least. The 6 was nice but it was like their first android phone back in business.

Literally just got a OP5 a week ago.. and what happens? 5T gets announced for November, and this whole data mining thing. Fuck sakes.

If you want to keep the stock rom, why are you even on this site?
>inb3 lineage is cia nigga jew shit

I was pretty surprised myself. I wanted to get a phone that had very high end specs. I had ordered it, and was very anxious to receive it. The I received the email. I was both disappointed, and relieved. I think I'll just wait until next year. My samsung galaxy s6 is still serving me well. What is the return policy from your vendor? Do you have lineage flashed on it?

Even if I wanted to, the vendor can't legally ship me the phone, because it'd be a breach of the ebay security agreement. Until it gets cleared up, no vendors are allowed to sell the OnePlus 5 on ebay. Ebay is going be refunding all the orders. If I really wanted to, I could probaly order it cheaper from some chink vendor, and wait a month to receive it, and then flash lineage.

Nope, everything stock. I ordered it from gearbest, as they aren't easy to get in my country. Not sure what their policy is. Sucks though, for all intents and purposes I love this phone. Lighting fast, great build quality, amazing battery.. -sigh-

Its baked into OxygenOS
Just install LineageOS or some other rom and youll be fine

Not to say it isnt a gigantic deal because it is, but its not like the phone is bad its the stock OS.

Why would anybody get this on ebay? Just buy it directly from the vendor?

Unfortunately, it's "out of stock." At least that's what it was a week ago.

Yeah I'll probably do that then.. just worried it will make the camera shitty. (Well... Shittier... The lack of OIS on this thing is rough..)

Install Google cam with hdr+. Did wonders with my OP3T even on oxygenos. A lot better than the stock camera.

The spyware can be disabled by installing lineage. Or apparently you can just disable it by running a command with adb. So you can just get it anyway if that's all your worried about.

>Los
>Wanting your battery life to go shit

Well yes, I'm enjoying my improved battery live, thank you

You don't even need lineage to disable it if you don't want to. the command pm uninstall -k --user 0 net.oneplus.odm works just fine, just checked and confirmed the botnet process is gone.

>OH NOOO THE CHINKS NOW KNOW WHAT APPS I OPEN ON MY PHONE
who the fuck cares

Does just switching off user experience work?

I wonder who could be behind this post

This is why you buy the Apple iPhone 6S.

No, that does nothing. you have to use adb to run the command I posted earlier to delete it or flash a different ROM.

Samsung Galaxy S8
LG G6 (could get V30 if you're lucky)
Nokia 8
iPhone 6S/7
Huawei Mate 9

Im getting a cheap ass chink s8+ clone with awful specs but a nice screen/build quality

>Buying counterfeit products
Have fun with the customs lmao

I live in Aus and our customs dont care about fakes

Librem 5 or iPhone 7. All android devices have datamining.

>Implying Apple doesn't

They don't? But they make OS backdoors. Backdoor != datamining.

Librem phone sounds good. I already own an iPhone se. I hope the librem phone isn't doa. It's sad to know that my Windows phone will not be getting out of limbo.