/wt/ - Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide: pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch Essentials 102: pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

s161.photobucket.com/user/yobokies/library/?sort=3&page=1
dagazwatch.com/apps/webstore/
dlwwatches.com/
ebay.com/usr/dr.seikostain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

posting objectivly cool watch

I feel for the nato meme, but only one dollar ones from ali or ebay and then I ditched it for the perlon meme.

what are some sub $1000 watches with slick open casebacks like the ones shown here?

literally the only respectable brand is Stowa. Out of the lesser brands there are FC, Steinhart, and maybe glycine.

sup /wt/ do i really need to care about what the world (you faggots) thinks about what i wear on my wrist (some of you hands)? if it tells the time accurately, i didn't steal it or kill anyone over it and it's not aesthetically obscene- do i really need to care?

you can literally make that argument about anything ever. Put some more thought into your argument retard. Wear whatever you want, nobody cares. People are into watches because they like it, not because anyone cares about you.
>anime posters
>current year

What are we watching?
Any good hacked webcams today?

Wear whatever you want, nobody cares. People are into watches because they like it, not because anyone cares about you.

k

Completed this watch yesterday, regulation and all. Owner came and picked it up today. Movement is a Peseux 7040.

I'm in bumfuck East-Yurop, so I got $85 for the service and mainspring replacement. How much would a watchmaker charge for this in a Western country?

That's what I'd charge for a brand new 2824 or a 2892 with expired warranty. Assuming both are normal grade of course.

Should I get this vintage Omega if I manage to snipe it for below 200€? Or too franken?

Forgot pic

Look at this D O M E D crystal. Wtf?

THICC

Looks like a pooinloo special (and therefore complete dogshit).

How much should I invest in a Poljot de luxe watch?
The piece is in nos condition.

What's wrong with it exactly?

A shorter list would be what's right with it. In fact here is that list:

fuck no. disgusting faked crap. dont touch it.

Would this timepiece be a good way to start a conversation with other watch enthusiasts?

What are we watching?
Any good hacked webcams today?

Are they using CNC machines for all their parts or they are still in the LE Tradicionell may may?

Relaxing Monday comrades / a small "rhyme" related to this week's picture "Hublots is everlasting" and "masters is the Emperor" the sun has to be brave when the rantees emperor carries and do not care about the wrath, they do not know when the crowns are so vain trying to understand I do not want to criticize, do not have to worry if they sometimes get the emperor, so respect Brother and sister and the topmost ..... Hublotit is eternal and the bearers is the emperor ... the master ... the emperor ....... and the emperor does not squander when the crown when its slid gentle as the heart is noble, its engine room soft as the light of life, the courage it requires when daring to see if the change is the force, the better to be a change than the history of history, "changed, not stuck" and forwards we go and courage is shared if you know the power of the magician, you know the great Hoon's power, bravely to gang and tsiik a new era of power ..... Hublots are eternal and the carriers are the keisari ....... PS. If Master Jare would make Hublot a spin ... and this rhyme will continue .... "we are not a wall, but we are afraid of our chances and that is the power of courage and the change of distance will be rotten ... The Hublots are eternal and the bearers is the Emperor .... and when time shakes the star, then the power shakes and you dare to share the light .... The emperor ... the master .... the motion is cool and the Unicon machine room invincible .... HUBERTTO is The name of the song will be #######################################################

>watches aren't an investme-

>The only respectable brand is stowa
Isn’t it just an ETA

150 CAD without taxes

>before taxes
WTF, do you pay taxes individually after each watch repair? I know Leafistan is a liberal terror state, but is this for real?

I'm considering selling my vintage Pobeda Bauhaus dress watch from the 60s since it doesn't get any wrist time at all.
Anyone interested? Asking for 70€ + shipping to your country (shipping from Germany).
I know some anons like it a lot.

that case is shot,you are asking too much.
Try ebay someone may bite.

I ask that much because it runs perfectly and it's a very rare dial. Just asking if anyone's interested. If not I will just keep it.

Good start OP

Diameter?

dials cool but 70 usd is nos price. I am not interested at any price but is right its gonna be sitting on ebay for a while unless you get lucky at that price.

32mm without crown.

Well yeah. Anyway I think I've changed my mind, just tried it on and regretted the idea of selling it, kek.

You didn’t understand, there is no tax on top of that. $150 flat

Is this one of archie's asian whore bastards?
He has the right features: beginning horn growth, bad habits, fat face etc.

Depends on which watch. It's generally easier to anticipate which watches will appreciate with vintage pieces, but you need to be well informed and patient to find examples selling for significantly below their market value to maximize the gains.

First of all anyone with enough Rolex watches can have horns. You can only get to Archie's level after having worn at minimum 14000 unique Rolex watches. That kid right there in that photo has personally owned over 400 Rolex watches and he is not even in grade school. Cigarettes are delicious and that innocent child is not a mongrel.

honestly at under 100 your gonna get far more enjoyment out of the watch yourself. Enjoy it friend.

Thinking about buying some shitter parts on ebay and making gold and black on black version of a FFF seiko tribute. Thoughts?

Why would you spend that much money modifying an SKX to make it look worse than the original? That dial is hot steaming garbage.

which one should i get for an skx007

why is the two piece more expensive?

on one hand, i think i would prefer the two-piece because i'm not a fan of the watch being flimsy, on the other hand im not sure i want the gap between the bezel and the strap

hlep

The one piece should always be used for a dive watch. Hell, in general the only case in which the two piece makes sense is on watches where the springbar is very close to the lug tips.

one piece, of course. Don't be silly.

i'm just afraid of it sliding on my wrist like a retard

I agree the dial is the worst part of it, but the original is $10k...

I'd probably use this dial instead

Poorfags are the fucking worst.

>can't spent $10k on a wristborne clock
>god I hate poorfags

it's not like it's a fake, just an homage

Or you could invest that money and buy the real thing later.

Again, it's not a fake. There's no shame in building an homage as opposed to the "real thing". That's like saying "don't fuck a fucking SKX, just invest the money and buy a submariner you pleb"

I think it looks better than the original anyway

>if you invest $100 it will turn into $10,000

Is there a pepsi version for the SKX013?

It seems like there should be one but I can't find the model name.

The Eichi II is inferior to the Eichi I. The II looks like an upscaled DW and with an uglier movement.

SKX015, they are very hard to find though.

Pic related.

that's for the bigger skx007. skx013 is midsize

fuck. why does seiko discontinue obviously popular models

Yeah, I am the dummy

They always fuck up time-proven designs like

>s161.photobucket.com/user/yobokies/library/?sort=3&page=1
>dagazwatch.com/apps/webstore/
>dlwwatches.com/
>ebay.com/usr/dr.seikostain

good luck

thanks for the post but modding seems like a difficult task for me.

If you're not messing with the movement, everything else cosmetic is lego-tier easy

holy fuck the mind of a seiko male

tgv please get off Sup Forums and start pumping out more Squeal shilling videos.

because they want it to be meme-y. They discontinued that instant hit one with the fucking colored subdial and its gone from like 250 to 1k-1.5k becauae its so rare. They almost scrapped the SKX line and started new but thankfully sanity prevaled.

>they discontinue watches as soon as they become popular so the price goes way up and other people can make more money by selling their products secondhand

seems legit

>not realizing that watches with rarity and value above sticker drives up the value of the brand as a whole
Literally fucking retarded. Dont you have highschool classes to get to? Dumbest thing ive read all day.

Oh, yeah, smart guy? Then why is Seiko's flagship $70? If they're engaging in some macro-strategy to dramatically increase the "value of their brand", why haven't they raised the prices on any of their watches?

Shit, it's almost like Seiko is a for-profit company focused on selling a competitive product for the express purpose of making money

The ball-less virgin seiko male can never compete with the Rolex chad.

>They discontinued that instant hit one with the fucking colored subdial

what model are you referring to? cawktail time?

Spirit scve003

>picking anything but the sarb017

owl penis is fucking great. get rekt.

so the orient ray 2 is only like $160 usd, everyone says it's really good - is it a meme watch y/n?

>SKX

You're so wrong it's not even possible you're trolling.

Limited editions are just that. The SVC weren't discontinued, they were limited production.

What question are you even asking?

how fucking brain dead are you?
is the watch shit or not you autist?

>value of the brand as a whole
>reading comprehension
Just....what.
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Im not talking about their main line of watches. Please think for a second why they dont mass produce the highly sought after models and only rarely make a batch of a few hundred at most. They want to drive up the value of the BRAND AS A WHOLE. Having valuable watches draws people to the BRAND AS A WHOLE. No one is talking about rolex discontinuing the submariner but dont expect them to start making Paul newmans again because theyd lose far more money in their percieved worth than theyd make from selling the Paul newmans. Fuck off retard. This is the last (you) ill give you.
talking about that meme Seiko spirit line

Ray I seems like more of a meme with the pusher. Both are great watches for the price.

How much if you send it to Mexico?

>picking a low beat 300 dollars chink shit watch
>not picking a 30+thousand dollar solid gold Rolex that multiple presidents of the United States have worn
>The irreparable state of /wt/

>giving the nips anything but more nuclear hellfire

>Alpinist
>actual history with Japanese hikers, stunning unique design
>Rolex watch
>can be replica'd up to 99% accuracy for $100

lel idiot

holy fuck the absolute state of these brainlets. Does the sarb line release neurotoxins directly into your weak flowing bloodstream?

What history does it have?

Presidents of the United states wear one while averting global nuclear holocaust( or ordering a nuclear strike on japan)

the other one was worn by hiking nips.

BREAKING NEWS
nips that go hiking buy cheap Japanese watches !

STOP THE PRESSES

>picking a 300 dollar watch
>not picking a 30+thousand dollar Rolex
Gee, I wonder why anyone would buy a SARB.

don't change the argument faggot one guy said picking anything over the sarb is retarded.

The president's job is stupid easy. Literally anyone could do it. There is no significance there. It's like saying there is a garbage mans watch.

With the alpinist REAL hikers wore them up REAL japan mountains? Have you ever heard of a president that has climbed a mountain? Of course not lol.