Most secure and lightweight browser for a kettle

Redpill me, Sup Forums, which is currently most lightweight (not necessarily most fastest, but small in footprint) AND most secure internet browser out there in the world, out of those which don't require extensive in-depth tinkering with additional plugin/add-on installations? Basically what I need to know is which browser fully works right out of the box without extra configuring while staying very secure and small in size also. I'm no programmer and not a le k00l haxz0r, so anything that doesn't require extensive meddling with settings and external plugin/add-on fucking while staying secure and small in footprint will be perfect. I don't care if it's FOSS or proprietary, since I use both Windows and Linux (Puppy, most of the time). Also - I'm currently using Pale Moon, but it's definitely not perfect and I want to know if there's better web browsers out there than it, or if Pale Moon is the best thing you can currently get out there and so I should stay on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

luakit.github.io/
minbrowser.github.io/min/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wget

currently playing with brave and wondering the same thing.

None of them. What you're asking for doesn't exist. You should just use Firefox Quantum Beta and install uBlock Origin and Cookie AutoDelete. Then spend 5 minutes shutting off the Cookie AutoDelete notifications, setting your preferred search engine and home page, and then setting the browser to never remember history. This is what I do.

>Brave
I've heard it's a botnet that's ridden with holes and also enforces ads inside the app itself. Is any of that true? Also, what can you guys say about latest build of Opera? I think I remember reading or hearing somewhere sometime ago that Opera became totally inept garbage in the last 3-or-so years, is that any true too? I haven't used Opera since 2010, so I can't tell if anything changed much.

yeah it runs slow as fuck i dont like it

Opera or Brave?

w3m,links,etc. don't load any scripts, but you also aren't going to be able to play videos without running them in an external program.

brave

That's the thing, though. I want a web browser that has FULL functionality (videos, music, correct page rendering, potentially harmful scripts detection/blockage, etc) while staying very secure and without the need to apply additional shit over it OR meddling with it's settings. And small in footprint, at the same time. Is there really no such thing out there? Am I asking for too much? The closest I could get to this requirement of mine so far is only Pale Moon, but it's not perfect on each and every front.

Noscript is pretty much pointless these days unless you're just interested in reading blogs - most of the web won't work. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Browsers are such a vast and complex platform these days that there are no useful small indie browsers. Even opera gave up and just wraps chrome.

Check out some of the modern HTML5 standards dev and you will understand why there is no such thing as a lightweight modern browser.

>opera gave up and just wraps chrome
wut

Pale Moon and all these other firefox/chrome forks are doomed in that these browsers and the open web standards they are implementing move so fast that the forks can't keep up.

Case in point, Pale Moon is forked from firefox and now firefox as of v57 is significantly faster. See also the gradual improvement of FF tab sandboxing/isolation for security in the last few versions.

>firefox as of v57 is significantly faster
It "may be" faster, but it's utterly inept shit on all other aspects. And gay as fuck, too.

Old opera was a unique browser and they rocked, eg first to introduce tabs, past the ACID test, etc. Modern opera is little more than a custom UI slapped on top of chrome's engine.

LuaKit / Uzbl / DWB

luakit.github.io/

No wonder they said it became shit in last years

Netsurf with no javascript

Check out this browser

>small
>fast
>built-in ad blocking
>good looking
minbrowser.github.io/min/

>DWB
Isn't that FagOS only?