I’VE FUCKING HAD IT

I’m going back to a prepaid flip phone. I can’t stand this invasive horse shit anymore. Fuck iShits that never work right, fuck lagdroids that never get updates, fuck carriers that constantly jew me, and fuck anyone who defends this garbage. I pay over $110 a month for service and a phone, these Sprint bastards drop my calls all the damn time, AND NOW THEY HAVE THE BALLS TO MINE MY DATA? I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!!

REEEEEEEE

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?

>not using a wired landline phone

basically asking for it desu

you can opt-out though

WHY THE FUCK WAS I OPTED IN BY DEFAULT IN THE FIRST PLACE? I ALREADY PAY FOR THE SERVICE. DO THESE FUCKING KIKES WANT MY FIRST BORN SON TOO?

REEEEEEEEEEEE

>nexus 5x for 200€ 1 year ago
>install copperheadOS
>updates always before the 5th of the month
>never have to sign up anywhere
>no data collected
OP why are you so retarded?

Read your fucking contract before signing.

I bet it's the same kikes that put ads in movie theatres after you pay for tickets and tv after you pay for cable.

>>no data collected
How do you know this? You can't stop a carrier from collecting data on you by using a different phone/OS.

I did. There was nothing in there about selling my data when I signed up.

I'm already paying $110 a month for this shit and I have to take it everywhere with me.

Ding ding ding!

Forgot to mention I use burner prepaid cards, 10€ for 3gb, no number and conversations.im for IM. Feels good to not be a part of big data.

>Encrypt all your data

Oh no, there totally hasn't been a way to stop this from happening for years.

That's not going to stop them from knowing your location.

Since I'm using burner sims purchased without ID they only know that some guy is usually connected to his xmpp server. But of course they can track your location. Even with the usuless, deprecated flip phone op suggested

>living in a country where people are more concerned with their right to massacre people than their right to privacy

Are you fucking retarded? Your carrier has full control over the network, they can trace you easily using signal strength data no matter how many times you encrypt your data.

OP here. They can't track my location if I pull the battery out, faggot.

I smell a butthurt liberal. Go make your own thread, fucking nigger.

I just use a $30 smartphone that I can throw away anytime and then have Tracfone where I can just buy a set of minutes with no contract.

Been wanting to do this for 2 years now but here in the states the prepaid is Bullshit too. They're all monthly instead of minutes. I almost never use phone service except the extremely rare important calls like once every 2 months

>WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?
Because you allow them to, that's why.

>I pay over $110 a month for service and a phone
..and that's a big part of your problem, right there.

Here in the EU we generally just go buy the phone from some (web)shop and then we want and then we consider what SIM card to put in it. Pre-paid SIM cards are pretty common and these days there's really not that much need for voice calling or traditional SMS and apps like Wire don't really care what SIM or dataplan you have so it's very easy to switch.

Just stop buying phones from your carrier, if they didn't sell it to you then it's rather limited what you can do to it. And get pre-paid SIM cards with 10 GB data over 3 months or something like that, there's WIFI everywhere so you don't need that much. There's also a limit to how much tracking they can when you never register your name and change SIM every few months.

Good point. But here's better advice: Just don't sign any contract.

Same, but we're still part of big data. Our data is just less meaningful or useful.

.... what $30 smartphone? I've seen dumb burner phones as cheap as $10 and barely-minimum spec smartphones around $80. Tell us more about that $30 smartphone, which? And where (I'm guessing chinkExpress?)?

I'm sure the monthly plans are significantly cheaper than the shit I have now and I can stop the tracking with removable batteries.

I don't use cellular data at all outside of music streaming. I just use my phone for calls and texts and occasionally watching YouTube in bed. I wouldn't miss any of the retarded features of this stupid phone. I'd just carry video iPod Video and ThinkPad X220 around like I usually do.

A flip phone? Please, you colossal faggot.

Here's how you poorfag: go to Best Buy, get an iPhone SE on a prepaid AT&T GoPhone plan for $150 outright, then either use it like that or slap a postpaid AT&T SIM into it. There you go. You're a poorfag, but you're a poorfag with a relatively good phone, and you got off shitty fucking Sprint while you were at it.

(inb4 AT&T shill. I'm not even an AT&T customer. I use Verizon. I just know where to find a legit deal.)

>no removable battery
>runs the worst mobile OS
Never again.

only americucks that buy phones from their carriers suffer this
>muh price i buy it for dirt cheap
yeah on a 2 year contract and theres a fucking good reason you pay less for the phone, they own your ass

Yeah, basically. I get my iPhones through Apple, every time. It's the best of both worlds: zero-interest installment plans for a phone you can take to any carrier you want, even internationally.

>no removable battery
Do you realize that Snowden was talking out of his ass when claiming phones with non-removable batteries could secretly listen to your conversations while turned off?

is this /luddite/ general?

dumbass, he means that if the battery shits you can't easily replace it with a new one.

>what $30 smartphone?

That is even more retarded. Ever tried buying a battery for a phone that's more than two years old? Batteries aren't produced for that long and have been sitting in the warehouse for potentially years. I've bought 3 batteries for my n82 5 years ago, all were dead on arrival.

Yeah, and you know what's really easy to find a replacement battery for?

An iPhone 5S. From 2013. Sure, it costs $80 to get a good one through Apple, but you can get a sketchy third-party replacement for less, especially if you're willing to do it yourself. You'll need a couple drivers from iFixit to do it, but it's easy enough from there.

>being so worried about lack of (suppossed) privacy

I understand being worried about it, but I wanna know if there was any case where a person or group of persons was affected by data mining practices. Because honestly I can't see a group that is interested in anything else than monetizing the data they get off you, so it shouldn't affect you (not in a big way at least). Now, if we speak about the gov'mt it's another thing entirely.
What I mean is, why are you worried about companies knowing some data about you? Yeah sure, they can know "a lot about you" but what problem could it really cause? I'm not saying we should hand out everything to them, but what's the worst case scenario?

>not wanting the right to massacre other people

have you ever met other people?