So, is this the best phone to come out this year?

So, is this the best phone to come out this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/one-class-action-lawsuit-against-lgs-bootloop-issue-has-been-compelled-into-arbitration/
phonearena.com/news/Sony-Mobile-turns-a-profit-in-Q2-2016-but-its-not-what-it-seems_id83664
developer.sonymobile.com/open-devices/list-of-devices-and-resources/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Considering both the pixel XL 2 and Note8 are better.

Lolol no

Pixel 2
>no headphone jack
>no microSD

Note8
>unusable fingerprint scanner
>portrait dual camera gimmick
>bixby

Next.

everything about note 8 is trivial at best. I mean having a sd card is way more important than bickering about a voice assistant you can disable.

Pixel 2 has lots of neat features to make up for it

Should I get V30 or wait for Galaxy S9? This will be my first Android phone, coming from iPhone 6s.

With the V30 you get
>slow or non-existent Android updates and security patches
>shitty hardware known for bootloops
>shitty POLED production resulting in disgusting color uniformity

Yea the V30 sure is a gem

Second two points about the note are so needlessly picky and ignorable

>BOOTLOOP 30
Seriously fuck LG. My Nexus 5X is fucked after a year.

Xperia XZ1 does everything the V30 does, with better video recording.

Best design of the year? Fuck yes
Best phone of the year? I'm not sure about it senpai

LG will never ever have my trust again. Bad experiences with their hardware is half the reason why I'm an Applefag at the current moment. Every phone they put out is liable to bootloop after a year

>Pixel 2
>Better than anything
Wew

V30 is a step back from the V20

Can anyone explain to a n00b what bootloop is?

A headphone jack and a micro SD card slot are neat features too. Not to mention the price and that it's not even available worldwide.

You do realize there are manufacturers other than LG?

It's explained here, among other things.
xda-developers.com/one-class-action-lawsuit-against-lgs-bootloop-issue-has-been-compelled-into-arbitration/

>Xperia XZ1
It's a shame really, because they've made great devices over the years, especially in regards to battery lfie. Sony's phones have zero resale value now.
phonearena.com/news/Sony-Mobile-turns-a-profit-in-Q2-2016-but-its-not-what-it-seems_id83664

Like what? Everything looks gimmicky or worse than before.

I've got the regular Pixel and was looking forward to upgrading to the XL 2 to try a bigger screen, but after the announcement decided just to keep my phone for another year or two.

What does this have to do with anything? The sole reason Sony is floundering is their limited support and non-existent advertising. They really don't seem interested in selling phones. But the phones they do sell are usually pretty good and they cover a niche corner of the market nobody else will touch. On top of that their open devices program is fucking awesome.

developer.sonymobile.com/open-devices/list-of-devices-and-resources/

>But the phones they do sell are usually pretty good and they cover a niche corner of the market nobody else will touch
That's great, atlhough their devices aren't exactly cheap and buying a phone from a manufacturer who's half given up on its mobile department might not be a good idea. Again, shame because of one of the greatest developer friendly lines of phones.

Would be if not for the fucked up screens.
LG was thiiiiis close to creating a 10/10 phone and as usual they shit the bed on something improtant.

>unusable fingerprint scanner
The fingerprint scanner is right there, stop screaming.

Personally I find the construction quality of their devices to be top notch. As is to be expected they are flawed, but so is every other phone, they're just half-assing their marketing, their development is top-notch. I just have to wonder why it is that they refuse to enter the US market as a real competitor, and their "legacy" devices are dirt cheap which is awesome. $350 for an Xc, $320 list for the X, the Z5c can still be had, albeit for the same price, it does arguably have better hardware.

mate 10 will be better

mi mix 2 better design kys

Why does this list the iphone x as the iphone 8?

>rounded corners

when will this meme die?

This. How the fuck do you find a suitable case for the S8 when the sides are always exposed?

I meant screen corners, though.

I decided on the Pixel XL 2 over the LG V30. Pure Android is a drug I've had a Google phone since the Galaxy Nexus line. Then Nexus 5, then Nexus 6P. Then I recently got a replacement (free) Pixel XL. I can't go back to manufacturer "enhanced" Android. The Android phone I had before the Galaxy Nexus was a Motorola Atrix at the time I thought it was awesome but gradually it got worse and worse.

You have a new phone so no shit you have no reason to upgrade. Otherwise the 2 is better than 1 in everyway other than lack of headphone jack. Google just replace my 6p with a pixel XL so I'm not upgrading either, but if I would get the 2 over the 1 if spending my own money.

Sony XZ1 compact

All three of these phone are shit and all of you should feel like shit for shilling them for free, except op, he's shilling for rupees

iPhone X, completely revolutionary and innovative design with removing the bezels and taking away the wasted spare, and the curved edges make it 10 times better

$1000 for it is a steal

Does Xiaomi make anything decent? Does it just run android or some chinese shit?

Inky Rose is really the best new pone of 2017. Non came close.

XZP
U11

These are the least flawed phones of 2017.

U11 would be hands down the best if it had a headphone jack.

Its only selling point is its cheap

Huawei is superior

>no 3.5mm
>best of anything

Too poor for Bluetooth headphones?
:^)

Seriously though the only time I use it is when I want to use my HD800s with my phone.

My car, work truck, two pairs of headphones and some IEMs. It's not a question of poor, I could easily buy them, justification of such a purchase is outstandingly stupid though, especially given the mediocre all-round quality of bluetooth. And the last thing I want to include is another charging rig and more cables in my EDC shit.

It looks nice. I wish I bought it instead of the S8+ desu.

My headphones only need to be changed once a week.

And you shouldn't care as much about the fidelity when you're outside as corded headphones will always make noise when the cable is slightly disturbed during walking and what not.

Bluetooth headphones don't suffer from this.

Why is Sony the only manufacturer to get the fingerprint sensor right? The integration into the power button is genius and the perfect spot for it.

yes thus taking advantage of this i bought an apple

it doesn't seem very responsive on z5c

I've never had a problem with it on my Z5.

>deprecated 3.5mm jack

No.

>Mate 10 pro

Yes I am audio guy and love that DAC they put in the V30... Just concerned about the screen and that boot loop with past models

T. iPhone 1 3G 4 4s 5s 6 owner... I was >< this close to switching over... If manufacturers keep being user hostile with headphone jack removal and LG keeps delivering audiophile DACs via 3.5 TRS They can take my money desu