/hpg/ Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones
>Guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

innerfidelity.com/content/plantronics-backbeat-500-ear-bluetooth-headphones
innerfidelity.com/images/FocalClearsnA1BRQE000007.pdf
axiomaudio.com/blog/distortion
chiru.no/play/?audio-4u/[Audio-4U] J-CORE 8.0 (flac)/
chiru.no/?play=audio-4u/[Audio-4U] J-CORE 8.0 (flac)/
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/audio-technica/ath-m40x-professional-monitor
amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Special-Gaming-Headset/dp/B01LDTRJG4/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495818884&sr=1-6&keywords=headphones sennheiser open
amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-AD700X-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B009S332TQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1507852326&sr=8-3&keywords=open+back+headphones&th=1
amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Headphones-Receivers/dp/B01EV6Q0SY/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1507852819&sr=8-15&keywords=stereo bluetooth adapter
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there any affordable headphones that have good quality while also having the option of being booth wired and Bluetooth?

The only Bluetooth headphones at any price I can honestly recommend are Bose QC35. The quality of Bluetooth headphones is generally very poor.

The lord thy god in heaven hath given me his blessing to lead ye wretched sinners away from the ignorant lies and injustice of these cursed blasphemers so that you need not languish in torment for hearing the foul cacophanies of your heathen 'phones.

I'm here to tell you boys that the way out of the bottle is clear, and that the true path into righteousness and eternal life points to itself. And that truth, o' my blessed brothers, is the Sennheiser HD600. Now go, go and thank the mighty father who sheds the blood of his only son that you might be shown his mercy for gifting thee with such a majestic and awesome way to receive his rapture.

Ah thank you dude. I noticed that a lot of recent tech is jumping on the Bluetooth bandwagon so I was looking for headphones that could do booth.

It will be a while until quality Bluetooth headphones are common. Audio enthusiasts generally scoff at Bluetooth because it's not lossless (Bluetooth 5 may change this very soon as it has the bandwidth for lossless audio) and thus headphone manufacturers have been reluctant to target audio enthusiasts with high fidelity Bluetooth headphones.

Headphone amp arrived today. I was hoping I could use the line out on the back for my active speaker, but it clips the audio. It's fine with my headphones since I can adjust the volume with the dial.
Any way to fix this?

What amp?

Thanks man!

>budget less than $300
>something small that can fit in my ear
>something that's water/sweat resistant; basically made for working out
Any ideas?

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

>Budget
~120€
>Location
germany
>Source
phone, occasional listening with amp at home
>Type of headphone
over-ear
>Open or closed
closed, the more isolation the better
>Comfort level
high, as important as isolation?
>Sound signature
no idea, anything fun, doesnt have to be neutral, since:
>Past headphones
akg k7xx and sennheiser momentum IEMs are pretty bass heavy, so i wouldnt know any better

Since when was /hpg/ filled with snapheiser faggots?

innerfidelity.com/content/plantronics-backbeat-500-ear-bluetooth-headphones
>I've been more impressed with these products than I expected, but I think they're going to have to keep working on it to beat the likes of Sennheiser.
Sennheiser has always been commonly recommended on /hpg/ because they are literally the standard in headphones.

Since the Sennheiser viral marketing budget was upped.

innerfidelity.com/images/FocalClearsnA1BRQE000007.pdf discuss. 5 kHz crater and 6 kHz peak are less than ideal.

I wish the HD660S could match the distortion levels Focal are achieving with this new line of headphones

>Hd600 shilled as best headphone on /hpg/ and plebbit the last few months
>suddenly hd660s gets announced
>MMMMMMM 660S ARE BEST
>NO MEASUREMENTS YET BUT YUUUSSS SO GOOODDD
>GO SPEND $500 ON THEM RIGHT NOW UGGGHH DO IT

it's viral internet marketing.

There's no point in masturbating over inaudible technical improvements, user. None of the commonly recommended open dynamics have audible distortion.

>inaudible
>10-15% at 20Hz isn't audible at 40Hz
Yeah ok.

Sennheiler hd569

friendly reminder that you are cancer and don't know what good bass sounds like

Having fun with your $500 DAC's improved soundstage and your cable lifts' increased multidynamic soundscaping?

I don't own a dac besides the one in my motherboard, nice try though

The battlecry of an r/headphones crossposter who lost.

Having fun with your chinese knocckoff gear and sub $100 headphones?

>he owns cable lifts

I use 3.5mm chink cables instead of rca

Get one of those earbuds with ear support

For 15$ these are pretty good

>Beyerdycrapic

These are the worst headphones I have ever heard.

anyone here have any experience printing from a schematic a pcb for diy audio?

you haven't heard them.

They're absolute trash. The FR is a joke.

ma900

you still haven't heard them.

This.

attention seeking user is back

I have heard or owned DT880, DT990, K612, K701, Q701, K712, HD558, HD600 and HD650. None of them are audibly distorted. They are popular for a reason: they are all competent. I am willing to bet neither of you could pick out 2nd harmonic bass distortion in a blind test until it hit around 15-20%.

>None of them are audibly distorted
I see you don't know what harmonic distortion is or what it sounds like. Don't post here again you fucking moron.

Prove that it's audible.

How would a pair of beyerdynamic dt 770 80 ohm compare to my sennheiser hd 280

"(Incorrect, baseless assumption), (ad hominem)" is not an argument.

Better comfort, better sound, better build.

An upgrade in every possible way.

Get Beyerdynamic Custom Studio instead. They're a very significant improvement for not a lot more money.

axiomaudio.com/blog/distortion
Go back to r/headphones.

>blog sources
jej

Two questions: HD 800 for $600 lightly used, good deal?

For melanin-enhanced listening, THX00, E-Mu Teaks, or Sony MDR-Z7? Leaning towards the Z7 as the cheapest and comfiest.

Not an argument.

I have ATHM50Xs, where do I go to sacrifice my self to the great demon lord?

teak is the highest fidelity
yes $600 is a good deal

>(discussing "straight noise distortion") Put another way, our ability to hear the test frequency noise tones at frequencies of 40 Hz and below is extremely crude. Indeed, the results show we are virtually deaf to these distortions at those frequencies. Even in the mid-bass at 280 Hz and lower, the noise can be around -14 dB (20% distortion), about half as loud as the music itself, before we hear it.
>Other types of distortion such as Harmonic Distortion and Intermodulation Distortion have a direct relationship to a frequency being reproduced as part of the music. These types of distortion may be harder to detect than straight noise distortion
Did you even read the link you just posted? It supports far more than it does

They're okay, I got a refurb pair from Beyer's eBay store for cheap. Clamp is high, going to stretch them out. Good build quality, not compact. I prefer the HD598Cs.

>I prefer the HD598Cs.
Why, user?

>Budget
80$
>Location
Croatia
>Source
Phone/desktop
>Type of headphone
IEMs
>Open or closed
N/A
>Comfort level
Literally anything up until having my ears bleed
>Sound signature
I don't know, i feel like the buzzwords i want is detail, clarity and soundstage.
>Past headphones
Sennheiser hd201 only notable ones, they were ok, rest were too shit to remember

i just want the best bang for my buck

Etymotic HF5 with 82 ohm adapter from eBay, or Etymotic MK5.

TH-X00 purple heart

Can you be a little more specific.

In that price bracket, comfier, cheaper, prefer the sound signature. Don't hear the muddiness others have complained about, versus say the MDR-A1 where I do hear it.

>prefer the sound signature.
Why, user?

okay, where is the chiru.no autist
why does your site 404 on directory listings now?
chiru.no/play/?audio-4u/[Audio-4U] J-CORE 8.0 (flac)/ this one for example used to work, now 404

Please don't encourage him to come here and spam the shitty stream for shitty music again

Why the Purple heart?

just bought pic related, loving it so far

>no dummy head

Should I grab the 558s while they're on sale? Wasn't looking for open headphones but for the price I think I could deal with the lack of isolation.

I decided to be a real cheapskate and went for the HD 6XX instead.

Yes

I'm liking these foot images.

Well done you got headphones that are better than the HD600 for less than the HD600

>he said, phoneposting from his local chicken and waffles joint

chiru.no/?play=audio-4u/[Audio-4U] J-CORE 8.0 (flac)/

what's it like being so triggered every time someone doesn't blatantly shill the HD600

>replying
>calling others triggered

>can't answer the question
>meme arrows

>better
Nah

>for less
you can easily get a 600 in near new condition for $200 on eBay

>buying used headphones
talk about poverty

Are they worth it?

Are these foam domes really worth $20 or is it all a ruse?

>not an HD600
No, they are not worth it.

>spending $100 to $200 more for no legitimate reason

Talk about a cucked consumerist

>Talk about a cucked consumerist
i'm not the one buying the HD600s here lmao

They're more comfortable for a lot of people, but you can get similiar foam tips from china for $1 a pair.

Other way around

Post headphone collection

What kind of EQ settings should I set on my m40x's ?

rtings.com/headphones/reviews/audio-technica/ath-m40x-professional-monitor
Here's measurements. You should be able to figure out what to do with your EQ based on those measurements.

What's a cheap DAC that can switch between headphone out and line out?

smsl 793ii

that doesn't switch between both are on all the time

Forgot to say: USB in is a must

How big is your folder of anime girls with headphones and bare feet?

I need a headset for around $100. Thinking about an open over the ear pair. Need a microphone because I've Sup Forums cancer. I've been looking at these, any opinions?

amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Special-Gaming-Headset/dp/B01LDTRJG4/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1495818884&sr=1-6&keywords=headphones sennheiser open

600 mb

Thank god

This.
>Feeling bad for buying a cheaper, better headphone

CB-1s!

Also thinking about these and just using the microphone from my old set.

amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-AD700X-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B009S332TQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1507852326&sr=8-3&keywords=open+back+headphones&th=1

I have Ebony wood E-MUs. They're pretty good, have nice, tight bass. Mids and highs have nice detail, not as crisp and rich as you'd hope, but they are closed headphones, after all.

Worth it for me at least.

>Budget
~ 100$
>Location
USA
>Source
TV, Computer, Phone(Anything)
>Type of headphone
Bluetooth/Wireless
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
I could wear cinder blocks for all I care
>Sound signature
Doesn't matter
>Past headphones
Mad dog(not pro), IEMs with some base to them.

Gona get logitech g933 or something cheaper, want something that's convenient to move away from computer with and they have audio source mixing which sounds pretty nice but idk. I'm also going to get g430s to mistreat everyday lol

Picture is also an interesting adapter I saw awhile ago.
amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Headphones-Receivers/dp/B01EV6Q0SY/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1507852819&sr=8-15&keywords=stereo bluetooth adapter

A headset/headphones that can switch sources easily sounds nice.