Brits tried to invade Argentina and UAREGAY but got btfo

>brits tried to invade Argentina and UAREGAY but got btfo
> Modern day Argies can't even capture the Falklands despite having a massive logistical advantage

What happened?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_invasions_of_the_River_Plate

>fail to invade what was arguably the weakest set of the Spanish army
Wew, Britain, what a major fuck up.

really makes you think

That war was largely the reason for Argentine independence (and subsequently the rest of the south American Spanish colonies). In fact a lot of Brits who stayed in Argentina after the war fought against Spain to secure independence of a few of them.

Because of Chile

>That war was largely the reason for Argentine independence
No, the independence war of Argentina was a result of the French treason and the criollo treason alongside the fact that the Southern Cone was always a conflitive zone, to the point where Spain couldn't properly control it.

The victory against the famous redcoats with just a militia and minimal spanish support emboldened the population here a lot.

We were always a very isolated and descentralized part so the victory against the british accelerated independence.

Spain loves you all :3

Send Argie GF.

Yes, it made the independent sentiment stronger, but it was not the reason it happened. The French invasion alongside the criollo lies were what caused everything.
Add to that the fact that the Southern Cone had had an open war since 1530 and you have a recipe for disaster.

>Spain loves you all
lel, that's a lie and you know it, Manolo :3

My mother told me she'd be ok with any GF, but while she rather I didn't go out with a sudaca, Argies are cool in her book. Send GF, will send local qts.

Ohh of course, it wasn't THE reason but it was a reason or at least it helps explain how the Rio de la Plata was the Viceryoalty that became completely independent the fastest.

>We just beat a british invasion entirely on our own, what can a weakened Spain do?

Once Spain was rekt by Napoleon and the criollos saw their chance it all exploded of course. But it was a factor.

>The Spanish Viceroy, Marquis Rafael de Sobremonte, had asked the Spanish Crown for reinforcements many times, but only received a shipment of several thousand muskets and instructions to form a militia. Buenos Aires was then a large settlement housing approximately 45,000, but the Viceroy was reluctant to give weapons to the Creole population. The best troops had been dispatched to the Upper Peru currently Bolivia to guard the frontiers from Túpac Amaru II's revolt

Spaniards were cunts desu

>while she rather I didn't go out with a sudaca, Argies are cool in her book
why? she has argie friends or something?

How so? They clearly didn't have the resources. Why didn't the viceroy just form a militia?

She's moderately xenophobic, I suppose, and she's under the assumption that Argentina is white. It struck me as weird, too. Do not look too much into it.

why would anyone want to give guns and trainning to the creoles??

>Not embracing your conquistador heritage and impregnating thousands of south american women

I wonder who could be behind this
really makes you think

Find some pure white Argentines then, it should have been easy

The creoles are the pure white, they were born in the colonies tho so the spaniards didn't trust them.