Bored, decide to give Linux another chance

>bored, decide to give Linux another chance
>maybe shit improved in the last 5 years since I last tested it
>install on empty partition
>play around and find out that the webcam isn't working
>waste 30 minutes googling for the "solution"
>picture related

Are you freetards fucking retarded? Are you actually expecting that some non autistic person does this shit to get some webcam working?
DELETED. See you in 5 years.

>He fell for the loonix meme

Wo! So hard! This isn't a Linux problem, btw. It's an issue with the jack-asses who wrote the drivers, not releasing a version for Linux. You should be thankful someone took the time to write a work around driver for Linux.

My tech-illiterate girlfriend and my tech-illiterate grandfather have both used Linux as their only OS for over a year. Neither of them are willing to go back to Windows as they hate the new Windows 10 and are quite fond of Linux. Yet OP can't figure Linux out. What kind of people browse this board? Are you like 12?

this.

>its never linux fault

Didn't take long for the Loonix defense force to arrive.
>Shit doen't work out of the box
>the fix is retardedly fiddly
>let's blame the use for this because Loonix is PERFECT and RMS is GOD.
Pathetic.

Why do you care about your stupid ass webcam? Camwhore.
this, saged.

No matter how you look at it, Linux has the problem, Linux users have the problem, the manufacturer who did not release the driver for Linux does not have a problem.

lol why the fuck do you need a webcam

its manufacturer, not the user. Anyways, a few terminal commands sure beats browsing the web for shady .exe drivers on ad-ridden websites.

>important featured/hardware doesn't work
>you shouldn't use it anyways, Linux knows best what's good for you!

I'm absolutely sure that freetards here are mentally handicapped. Autism is't even a meme on this board.

>Linux users have the problem
If you would check out OP's image, Linux users actually don't have the problem anymore.
I'd be more willing to bet that OP is the one with the problem because, as you can see, he's clearly incompetent.

To be clear:
Linux is in the clear
Linux users in the clear
Company is in the clear
OP is a faggot

>tfw theres are still people on Sup Forums who havent grown out of that edgy loonix faze.
Switching to macOS has been one of the greatest decisions I've made

>Linux has the problem
No, fuckface, you being lazy and stupid, is not Linux's fault. If you can't handle a few copy/pastes, get the hell away from that computer.

fuck off neo Sup Forums

The driver is included on the disk with the camera, and if you don't have the disk you download it from manufacturer's website.

I do plenty of copying, pasting, writing and reading at work. The inability to work with camera without user doing research is a fault of the OS.

>It's the fault of the OS
Are you retarded? Just because some Pajeets didn't write a driver for an OS they probably haven't ever heard of.. is NOT a fault of Linux.

Webcam on some server OS...
I think I found the problem here.

The user expects the camera to work, the camera doesn't work. It is a fault.

>The driver is included on the disk with the camera,
Yes, WINDOWS drivers you dingus. Your camera is a piece of shit if it doesn't include Linux drivers.

Imagine being this technologically illiterate.

Read my comment again.

Linux wasn't made to be popular or wildly successful. It's a hobbyist desktop OS. If the user doesn't understand that they're a dipshit and should stick to MacOS or Windows.

That's completely fine by me, you can direct user wherever you want him to be, but a fault is still a fault.

>Windows
>plug in cam
>install driver from CD/homepage

>Linux
>plug in cam
>>>>>>>this kind of shit

Really makes you think, why everybody thinks that Linux is just for Nerds or Autists.

>>waste 30 minutes googling for the "solution"
And yet, somehow, you couldn't muster up the strength to spend 30 seconds doing a copy/pasta to actually fix the problem? Pathetic.

>buy hardware that's not compatible with the OS you're running
>wonder why it doesn't work ootb

who
the fuck
uses webcams

>he has to buy "compatible Hardware"

Loonix everyone.

>install loonix
>no system tray icons
>uninstall imediately

>Mac
>plug in cam
>drivers only work with Windows
>there is nothing you can do now
This is also somehow Linux fault I guess.

>>play around and find out that the webcam isn't working
>>picture related
Isn't that a solution to disable your camera?

>buy xbox one video game console
>set it up and mess around with it
>try to put the Bloodborne CD inside the xbox console
>wtf its not playing

why isn't the thingy playing my video game?? why doesn't shit just magically work when I want it to???

no I'm not doing any research I'm a fucking normie don't you know

>Consumer OS doesn't work with basic Hardware.
>let's defend this using shitty console analogies

>Wangdows
>Buy shitty Chinese webcam
>Install the proprietary drivers
>Welcome to Ching Chongs Botnet and Bit-Coin miner
I just know Linux is behind this!

just picture every command line as a path that you have to follow going thru windows, menus and clicks

>I'm a shut in neckbeard with no friends, that's why no one ever should have the need for a Webcam.

no but it's the same thing right? expecting the platform vendor to support your random third party shit. MS didn't have to do shit for the webcam to work either. that's the hardware vendor's job. why the double standard? weak bait or idiocy. I'm guessing both.

ironically, Linux is the only platform that goes out of its way to support things that the hardware manufacturer can't be fucked to. clearly you found one of the few webcams that aren't supported yet. you can always wait for some benevolent nerd to write the drivers for you. or better yet, stop buying obscure chinese shit from best buy.

in 10 years I have not had a single hardware issue on Linux, and that's only because I spent 5 seconds googling before I buy shit.

I like how idiots manipulate Sup Forums into helping them to solve them their illiteracy.
No one says "it's not tech support" in defence Sup Forums neckbeards tries to tech support.

Just report these idiots and sage. Linux is full. Yes, 3% of tech literate people is enough.
Fuck off of Linux, go back, you fucking pieces of shit. Lack of gaymes and your favourite non Linux software is clear sign that you are not welcome here.

>using a webcam

No worries, you can have you secret little club.
I've deleted that shit. You would know by reading the OP, if you didn't had a reading disability.

I feel sorry for the zune guy. He got the ms betrayal early and hard.

I didn't read OP. It's enough for me tobsee someone complaining about how hard linux is for one.
Club isn't secret, that's why you know about it. It's just not for idiots. And now, as you mentioned, OP confirms it.

Not really, I grew up and changed my priorities from gayming.

Used to be much worse.

Audio and network drivers for wifi cards finally 'just werk' thanks to a lot of reverse engineering.

Like you can't find tons of neckbeards with Linux tattoos online... What is that pic supposed to prove?

OP. The problem is between the chair and the PC.

>Someone points out a flaw in Loonix
>Freetards react with this much salt...

And they wonder why people call them pretentious little snowflakes.

Fuck off numale

>linux tattoo guy
>white, fair skin, fair eyes, good genes, healthy

>windows tattoo guys
>bald
>obese
>hints of jewish and spic blood

Realy makes you think.

It is, if linux can't even run a webcam using common drivers it's a piece of shit. Surprised linux supports USB flash drives these days.

>It's the year 2017 and people still think the upside down cross is devil worship when it was how st peter crucified himself feeling unworthy of being crucified how jesus was

Show me more
Still less cringy than Windows tattoos

Hmmm.

>niggerbuntu botnet

You call that linux? You must be one of those guys who consider android "Linux".

That niggerbuntu shit is retarded as fuck, has a literal nigger name and is despised by both rms and linus.

So yeah, no offense taken.

Oh, there is more. No worries.

What salt? I literally say stay away from Linux.

fpbp

>Somehow linux logo is worse than Bill Gates face or that guy with text wall on his hand on how to restart Windows with ctrl+alt+del

>No no linux shouldn't have one of the primary reasons why people buy computers in the first place
Could you be any more of a cuck, this is why nobody uses linux

macs have built in webcams lol

Linux is only for supreme gentleman like me. Yes, I'm still a virgin, but this is only because I'm saving myself for the right one. Windoze fags will never know how great it feels to be a wizard.

>we should adapt to others so they buy computers with linux

Pretty sure you're the cuck here with cuck thinking patterns.

>plug in
>windows auto finds and installs the driver
>device works

just stop trying. Windows won a long time ago.

>having to read
wew

lol

Why the fuck are you using webcam?

>One of the primary reasons to him is games
It's this way pal

Don't forget to restart ;^}

it's never android's fault that google play distributes malware to millions of phones either

>restart

im guessing the last windows you used was vista.

this is the other reason no one who isn't autistic uses linux. normal people usually need wifi, bluetooth, a webcam, printer, scanner etc. etc. and those are spotty at best.

>I like how idiots manipulate Sup Forums into helping them to solve them their illiteracy.
>No one says "it's not tech support" in defence Sup Forums neckbeards tries to tech support.

>What salt? I literally say stay away from Linux.

What you actually implied was that I've searched for tech support here.
Seeing someone badmouthing the holy Linux made you so angry, that you had no time to read and comprehend the OP. You instantly started a counter attack by opening your "WINDOZE SUCKS" folder on your Arch Linux.
Too bad you couldn't see what picture you actually used since Linux can't into thumbnails.

You're wrong though.
If you lurk more you'll see threads appearing how someone writes angry OP about linux until someone helps to fix ones problems.
I see no need to waste my energy on retarded OPs.

It depends on context though.
Baphomet isn't symbol for satan too, nor is pentagram
People give meaning to symbols and people change
Fag used to be a butt of smoked cigarette
Dick - name

>posts instructions for disabling the camera
>same picture as every anti linux thread
Fuck off.
Sage, report and hide.

>neo Sup Forums
>Linux is better than ever this year
>still have to write a 500 page novel in the terminal to make a basic part work

Linux is a meme no matter how much you love it.

fpbp

T. Low IQ

Holy shit you are complaining about a notebook from 2008, pathetic as hell

Netflix works fine on loonix

If you bought hardware that doesn't already have Linux drivers, you've bought shit hardware.

you don't understand how a driver works. stop posting.

LEL It's always the user's fault in Freetard land.
Incompatible hardware that works fine on Windows?! j-j-just buy something else or don't use it at all!!!! Linux is PERFECT.

>be new to Linux
>Install Manjaro
>Everything just werks
All OSs are the same for normalfags. Just download Firefox/Chrome and youre ready to go.

>Linux
>Especially Manjaro
>Just werks

I have to give you a 0/10 for this one and that's actually the best I can do.

Nothing wrong with Manjaro faggot

it's not Linux's fault. It's your fault for choosing Linux.

Besides it being completely unusable, maybe.

>Quit using my precious Arch packages

Real specific criticism, as usual. Yawn.

>The inability to work with camera without user doing research is a fault of the OS.
Linux is not for lazy fucks.

>Install windows 10
>No network drivers so need to use another computer to get the drivers.
>Update takes forever.
>Install the drivers from windows update.
>No sound.
>Search the driver from the manufacturer's site.
>Ok, no problem.
>Suspiciously high storage drive usage.
>Processes using high amount of resources for no reason.
>Forced updates, give up trying to customize it because the updates sets the defaults again.
>No more possibility to know what are the updates about.
>Error messages are not useful.
>Must uninstall crap often but gets installed again.
>Cannot disable cortana.
>Pretty obvious i don't control my OS.
>Read MS privacy statement.
>Fuck this shit.
>Install windows 7.
>No drivers, must hunt them this time.
>mfw i read that MS is issuing updates that backports W1's bullshit to windows 7.
>mfw i must use third party programs and be careful with the updates to protect myself from my own software provider.

your fundamental misunderstanding of how software interacts with hardware is showing. keep posting though, it's kinda funny

>At some moment got interested into looking for other software providers.
>Don't want to buy hardware and hackingtosh seems a fucking hassle so don't care about apple for the moment.
>Download ubuntu mate installation media.
>Try to boot but get black screen.
>Literally first google result tells me how to start with nomodeset and how to install the proprietary nvidia drivers.
>Proceed to install.
>reboot.
>Start again with nomodeset.
>Update OS (extremely fast compared to windows) and install nvidia drivers from a GUI.
>reboot.
>mfw everything works, no need to search for drivers.
>discovers dolphin, youtube-dl, clementine, playonlinux, kdenlive, krita, etc.
>Comfy as fuck.
>Discover my previous MS office documents don't work fine always.
>Read about the problem and discovers MS issued an standard they don't respect and no one know how it got approved something like that.
>Around half of my steam games are not avilable on linux.
>Read about it and discover how closed technologies can work as lock-in mechanism.
>mfw going back to windows would be like begging to be mistreated.
>mfw i would be actively supporting to make worse this situation.
>nope
>Use my computer normally but try to save my documents in open formats when possible to avoid being locked out from them and try to reward those developers who uses a multi-platform approach.

You're a retarded numale faggot, stay off linux you mentally defective cuck

those are some pretty damn easy instructions to follow, holy shit.

I want to dual boot fedora or ubuntu but in the past I've always fucked up my windows partition with grub.

Seriously, if i put on a balance the pros and cons of windows and Linux, Linux always wins. Windows has in general given me a lot more of trouble than what it benefits me, and that's just the purely technical aspects, if you have compatible hardware Linux is practically maintenance-free, even installing the few proprietary drivers i need can be done from a GUI directly in the OS and i can keep them updated always from an official source.

Aside from the purely technical aspect i consider a serious disadvantage knowing that if i depend on a Windows-only program is like being married with windows because i don't have the option to abandon it but at the same time i must like whatever Microsoft wants to do with me. Seems a pretty asymmetrical deal to me and more considering Microsoft has a very bad record on being unethical.

Honestly i only use Windows when there's absolutely no option due to a lock-in situation or because i'm asked at work to use a Microsoft-only technology (this is less common each day fortunately) but otherwise i avoid it. No OS is perfect of course and i can't talk about OSX but i'm 1000 times more willing to forgive an honest mistake, for example a bug or the lack of a feature dues to lack of human resources, than something pushed on me on purpose.

Proof that you're a complete hypocrite.