What is the best museum in the world?

What is the best museum in the world?
I think the British Museum. We even have 90% of statues in the Greek Parthenon in there lmao

Shouldn't have posted during new worlder hours

>he can remember a museum visit
lmao what a nerd

Yes, you inbred fucks stole lots of cool shit all over the globe

Smithsonian is pretty neat

Also it's free

Germany has some pretty good museums

So are all museums in the UK

Man, was just looking for that pic and asking if you have one of the 7 (old) world wonders there.
Well, Pergamon is also not bad.

>the marbles of civilization that whitey built held in Muslimstan Central
That's great, Britain.

oh here, another thief

Your country is current stealing part of Ukraine

>one of the 7 (old)

There are a few of the 7 wonders in the BM

Is part of the mausoleum at halicarnassus

Would you rather they be neglected and destroyed by modern '''''greeks'''''?

you ancestors literally stole shit because they were barbarians that couldn't create shit, what does that say about you?

you're right, keeping them in a city with couple million jihadists is the obvious choice, get a hold of yourself you stupid fuck.

ukraine is not cool tho

Don't lower yourself at replying "yes it is during winter." pls

Stone Henge is better than any Greek structure Tbh

mexican statues?

It says my ancestors were alpha as fuck and stole shit from brown manlet nations like greece and egypt then put it in a thing called the British museum because we're just that arrogant.

cheeky

I think you meant to say reclaiming our rightful land

PIRATA

Your ancestors literally got all their artifacts stolen from them because they were barbarians that couldn't create shit worth anything outside of looking pretty, what does that say about you?

It's all there in one place, available for you to see for free if you're ever in London.

wow

meh, I don't blame if it wasn't you it would be some other asshole trying to make a $ out of the situation. Hey at least you didn't blow up the Parthenon to begin with, but who knows, it's London, anything goes.

US has some pretty GOAT museums. The Smithsonian is probably tied for the most impressive collection after the British museum.

Must've been surreal to see some hairy Germans ferrying one of the symbols of your national identity away on a little boat.

Depends if you like ancient or modern history

memes aside, assuming they can properly be taken care of and displayed for free, if any museum anywhere starts giving stuff back it would be empty very quick. The pieces off of the Parthenon were legally bought and brought here, not that I'm using that as a defence, but you're making it out as if some brits came over, broke it off and took it home.

You can have Big Ben when the Greeks take over again.

>"Hans the eternal anglo and the frankshits stole all the art, what do we do?"
>"let's take the whole entrance of that place."

Well, there's an Egyptian temple in NYC that's pretty cool.

they were bought from Turks, if you proud yourself about that, then I think we've got nothing else to say.

maybe I can pinch a tent in the middle of stonehenge

>they were bought from Turks
But Georgios, you are Turk

really funny, now that's something we haven't heard before

Well, it is kinda like he said:
Must have been fucking funny to see them not just take some small, valuable art but to take the WHOLE fucking city gate with them instead.

stop

Didn't say I was proud of it, I think some sort of solution should be found as do most people I think (who really want's pieces of the Parthenon sitting on the other side of the continent), but once a precedent is set of the Museum giving it's stuff back it wouldn't retain it's reputation and position for very long and it has a lot of disputed items.
But the marbles are probably the most disputed items so there may be scope for a solution yet.

Just skimmed Wikipedia, apparently the locals were looting it and stealing the marble slabs to make lime, those rats got what they deserved.

Yeah the BM is probably the GOAT museum.
The Met is great too. Most people forget about the Cloisters branch of it, which is sad. It's a really nice showcase of medieval european architecture. Both are free to visit of course.

kek

No, as magnificent as it is the world's best museum is the Louvre, the only thing that comes near as competition is the Hermitage in St. Petersburg. It is what it is...

Solid banter frog

I don't get it

Use your head lad.

No heads?

>trying to make a $ out of the situation
it's for free for anyone to come and look at, in the middle of london

They don't have heads... And in all fairness they do hold some Aztec artifacts stolen by literal pirates we would like returned... This being the Brits we are not holding our breath...

thrifty bastards

Ok FINE, you can have a serious answer.
I certainly remember the gate and . The latter's reliefs are amazingly crafted.
I've attended Nights of the Museums in Frankfurt and Zurich. It's a much more social occasion than usual and gives me an accuse to stop using the internet instead. In Zurich I especially like the Riedbergmuseum (they tend to have cool temporary exhibitions; I saw a good one about el peruANO histórico) and the Sukkulenten-Sammlung (though more of an indoor botanical garden really).
Where I live we have the Hessische Landesmuseum. It only just reopened last year after a seeming decade of renovation and I haven't revisited yet. Fond memories of seeing a T-rex skeleton n shiet there as a kid, though.
Fotomuseum Winterthur is also preddy gud.

hmm so we do

I like its location in northern Manhattan too. The Cloisters are in Fort Tryon, the building on the left in pic related.

That's the Assyrian gate right?
Fucking based

It's ok, I've been there, the only ones I hold responsible are the Turks, and their magical ability of fucking up our shit.

>they were bought from Turks

So what is the problem?

sorry about that m8 but I guess that's just the nature of museums...
I don't remember seeing a lot of aztec stuff if that helps

now i wonder who's gonna steal western architecture when we collapse

buying pieces of history from mongolarab nomad sandnigger is not something to be proud of.

Thats a harsh way to address yourself

Babylon.

Haters gonna hate.

ho ho ho another Greeks are Turks joke, how did I miss that. now that's something I haven't heard before.

pipe down lad imagine someone took Stonehenge to the other side of the continent, even legally

Ebin meme m'lady :DDD

You make it too easy

bit rude lad

is that the best you've got?

In a few thousand years they'll find hundreds of monuments and artifacts hidden underground in China like the terracotta soldiers were.

All of these museums are infested with Chinese tourists so they actually suck even if they have great artifacts.

Whats the capital of Greece?

€4

what's the capital of the UK?

pakistan :^)

Whats the capital of Australia?

Beijing

Did a Greek cuck your girlfriend why are you so mad lmao

bet you dont know that actual capital without checking

Calm down Stavros its just banter :^)

Brits are very protective of their marbles

>lmao, you were conquered 3 times by invading forces in your history, plus a load of Vikings lmao British cucks
>lmao, inbred island monkeys
Why is Sup Forums so hypocritical?

Not even Greek Hassan :^)

Canberra, pronounced can-bruh'. Are you satisfied Popadopolous?

It always amuses me that Greeks consider those pieces to be theirs. A barely functioning third-world Ottoman province has nothing to do with the people who built those artifacts. They belong in a civilised country, not in a shithole like Greece.

probably the rosetta stone actually

oh
maybe im just a dumb then, thought it was sydney or melbourne or something for a while
also Im not greek

well those shitholes are still above us on the claims list

>the mayor of his capital is a muslim
just say goodbye to your country already mehmet its over lol

Which policies of his do you disagree with? :^)

Difference is, London is a containment zone but all of Australia is chink and leb central :^)

No, they are not. They belong in London, where they are. Athens proves that Greeks are incapable of maintaining anything, their economy proves they are stupid. They should be glad that they still have ancient artifacts there, they all belong in musea in London, Paris, NYC.

2nd and 3rd generation Chinks are far better than Muslims of any shape/size/generation.

the north is a containment zone for subhumans

So what's the argument here. You want those artefacts back, FOR FREE

Or you could avoid both by not living in london/birmingham/bradford

Should or stay or I should I go?
I see the discussion kinda shifted focus back to whose country is less white.

again

Sup Forumstards ruining everything again, what a surprise.

Pretty sad that they let memes control their beliefs desu.

@62880700
no u 4 u cunt

go it's 3:17am here you'll only find shitposters and weirdos 2bh no good discussions itt about museums and artefacts, from brits anyway

>mfw I don't even give a shit about museums but hardly anyone else has managed to post a constructive reply in the past hour
"""Sup Forumsellectuals"""

Best museum in America = National Air and Space Museum

I think it must be the best aviation museum in the world and there are even two branches.

yes, but then only a handful of countries have an aeronautical museum in the first place

I was pretty amazed at all the shit the eternal anglo has pilfered over the years.

>"""British""" Museum

They had to re assemble it piece by piece too. Which luckily for them the Babylonians built their buildings to be quickly taken down and reassembled or used for something different

The stuff in the British museum isn't that important, the Codex Mendoza on the other hand... We can trade you some dressed fleas, those seem to be popular exhibits at European museums...