What was the point of Ryzen?

What was the point of Ryzen?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dTmpuZPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

to make intel 6 cores mainstream

>720p

>niggerfield

Oh, you think higher resolutions are your ally?

>tfw Poozen bottlenecks even today's graphics cards, let alone upcoming ones

Truly a long-term investment!

Why are all the Intel benchmarks posted recently GAMES? Why don't people want to escape the confines of the virtual world?

You really dont want to go there, m8

>720P
>ULTRA
Sort of making the test invalid there...

2005 called, they want their resolution back

>1080p is "high resolution"

To wreck CPUs that cost 2 to 4 times as much and force Intel to stop rebranding shit and come up with something new.

>be Intel
>release i5 8400 chip that outperforms its highlight of the 8700k
>fuck itself in the ass by fucking up its 7th Gen. and even the highest of its 8th Gen in gaymen

Brilliant, plus
>people cucking themselves to high priced MOBOs for a locked CPU
ayy lmao

P.S: Covfefe Lake was supposed to compete with Ryzen+ but Intel was scared and released it with a half ass launch
Nice bait OP

making sure it's not gpu-bound, duh

>people cucking themselves to high priced MOBOs for a locked CPU
this is the highlight of intel's new launch
a third new mobo design in three fucking years

>overclocked Poozen still slower than stock Intel even at 4K

How does it manage to be so shit?

>Ultra settings
>Making sure it's not GPU bound
Making the test invalid.
720P/Low or it's not a useful test at all.

Oh my sides

Are you retarded? There's a 200fps cap and the 8700K is hitting it even on ultra. Turning settings down wouldn't do a goddamn thing.

some settings impact both gpu and cpu, draw distance especially
plus it's a lot more definitive to just set everything to ultra and use a set resolution
>b-b-but with x setting set to y, I edged out the other cpu by 1fps!

>It's OK If I half-arse the test, because it gives me the results I want to see anyway!

Nvidia drivers are shit, you say?

>thanks to AMD Intel now has to put 6 cores into mainstream processors
Exactly as planned.

I'm so happy even mid tier cpus can reach 30fps minimum nowadays. Back in 2001 the best processor and vidya card that you could (reasonably) buy couldn't make GTA3 reach 15 fps.
People really want to get angry at shit I guess

If it weren't for Ryzen, the 8700k would've just been a 7700k with a 100MHz clock bump, on a new socket.

You can thank AMD for finally forcing Intel to have more than just 4 cores.

>Oh my sides
This kind of fanboying is the reason why we were stuck at four cores for the past decade.

CF were 6 core parts before ryzen. Intel just moved the release date.

>1080p

>intel had better cpus available but didn't want to release them for another 5 years because they cou;d still milk the market with small clock bumps
How is that an argument?

Yeah, it's totally my fault. If your rampant fanboyism didnt compel you to buy AMD when they were shit, all we would have is Intel now. Happy, fanboi?

Intel has actually had 6core Skylake parts (not Skylake-E) taped out but never put them into mass production.
Not sure if Kaby Lake also had a 6c part taped out, it wouldn't surprise me though.

I guess that'll be Ryzen's footnote in history. Thanks AMD, but you can go home now.

>GPU limited CPU benchmarks
>CPU limited GPU benchmarks
It's the AMD way!

Until Zen2 anyway.
Intel has no ace up their sleeve until 10nm++ (which is at least 2 years after 1st gen 10nm)
1st Gen 10nm will clock worse than 14nm+/14nm++ as per Intel's financial day.
10nm+ will clock as high 14nm++ but unlikely to go any higher.
10nm++ /should/ be good for 6ghz.

AMD has 5ghz Base clocks in late 1028/early 2019...
Even if we assume AMD doesn't have an IPC increases (they will, Zen is very immature) it's looking grim for Intel after Coffee Lake.

Hopefully this causes Intel to finally tell the Hafia team they aren't as hot shit as they thought and will hold internal competitions again.
PLANO WILL RISE AGAIN, FUCK YOU HAFIA.

>Intel's financial day
I sthat when they showed off an ARM Cortex-A75 CPU cores implemented with industry standard design flows enabling performance in excess of 3 GHz?

What RAM is that 1800X running with, 2133 MHz?

Oh good, a faux-tripfag Intel shill. Get an actual trip so you can be filtered like the other vermin.

What was the point of cofveve lake if nobody can actually fucking buy it?

>$400 processor
>$700 GPU
>720p
This is the state of Intel.

>CPU limited GPU benchmarks
Actually AMD GPU's tend to perform better when the CPU isn't an issue. At higher resolutions the gap between Nvidia and AMD always closes, this is probably because of AMD's shitty drivers. 4k gives the Fury X and vega more room to stretch their legs.

Its called namefagging you gigantic noob.

I don't get it.
Some time after the 1700 came out many people saw that it was a couple of frames lower than the 7700k OC in 'gayms'.
Why is Ryzen now like BELOW i5 levels?
(Yes I know that this site is full misleading graphs and benchmarks but still).

maybe when the real world doesn't suck so much dick... but it does.

>What was the point of Ryzen?
Its the same more cores shit they did with the FX series when they couldn't compete.

Release a beast of a processor that isn't actually as good but looks better on paper in specific benchmarks.

They do the same shit with radeon.

>AMD's shitty drivers
pastebin.com/dTmpuZPs

nah, amd had a fairly hard limit at around that fps, intel able to clock higher gets the performance nod there, but its at a resolution no one would play the game at on said hardware.

Then explain why Nvidia tends to scale linearly with resolution and AMD performs better at higher resolutions with more GPU-bound scenarios? Why does Nvidia run better with shitty CPU's than AMD?

>Why does Nvidia run better with shitty CPU's than AMD?
Why does AMD run better with less RAM than Nvidia? Graphics drivers are an absolute clusterfuck and they're all shit.

Hi pissphone.

The absolute state of Intel fanboys

because they pay game devs to optimize for their cards, its literally a known fact

Wait someone unironically benches BF1 in singleplayer WHILE using their shoddy DX12 implementation?
What?

if only skylake/kabylake mobos were compatible with coffeelake cpus..

the point is its mobos are cheap as fuck for poorfags.

Intel have gone full 180 from the good days.
We used to get Overdrive CPUs, so we could have the latest processors on older platforms.

Now you have to buy a new platform to get the same processors!

Why do Intel users always play games at 720P? Did spending all the money on CPU end up leaving too little for an average monitor?

ya know once the gpus catch back up with cpu the intels will win over the ryzens

Except you don't know that. That would require stagnation in software without stagnation in hardware. Do you have evidence that there will be stagnation in software without a corresponding stagnation in hardware?

look how long developers have stuck with dx11. they aren't all going to do dx12 vulcan multithreaded games just to appease AMD

They will move to Vulkan once actually half-decent finished implementations will land in most major engines.
You seem to forget that DX11 is 8 years old.

I'm not talking about that you tech illiterate muppet. I'm telling you that unless you run your shit at low, DX11 isn't gonna save you. Even with future cards you will not be able to run 200 FPS + on modern games. Only old games. Even if the modern games are DX11. And MS is pushing DX12 hard with Xbox, so in the future you have little to look forward to beside Windows store exclusives and indie pixel shit that runs on potato.

>720p

go relieve yourself in the street pajeet you seem very stressed.

Should I wait for Volta?

>1080p

It's bigger dies.
You.can buy 471mm^2 one from NVidia already.

Actually they don't 'pay' them either.
nVidia started this in ~00, They built out a massive space with hundreds of PCs, with all sorts of configurations, from every CPU and GPU vendor that was selling products at the time.
They made this space available to games developers to test their software against every conceivable configuration they wanted, without having to buy crazy amounts of hardware - for the low price of putting an nVidia logo in the game intro.

Over time, as nVidia started to grow, that evolved into nVidia paid developers actually helping out game developers with optimization of their software and other nVidia developers using that knowledge to make sure their drivers patched out anything that was an 'inefficient' use of resources.
Again all for the low cost of putting their logo on the game intro.

nVidia today, still doesn't pay a dime for any of this - they still provide those same services and still only require their logo be put places (although sometimes it's also on literature and art now too, not just the game intro)

What do you have now?

Betatest for Threadripper & Epyc.

You can't buy them anywhere.

You can buy the 4c/4t i3's in Australia
No 6c/*t i5/i7's though.

On a world without the Ryzen, the top Intel CPU would have 130 fps, but a better igpu.

>that evolved into nVidia paid developers actually helping out game developers with optimization of their software and other nVidia developers using that knowledge to make sure their drivers patched out anything that was an 'inefficient' use of resources.

read as helping out devs to insert gameworks into the render path and add fucktons of tesselation on concrete barriers and invisible water rendered underneath level geometry

gaymers need to off themselves ffs

You can see it is always the same person who writes poozen.

I hope your pig fucking aids infested whore mother becomes paralyzed in a car crash you degenerate Sup Forumsermin.

It was the king for 3 months. And it put a fire under Intels arse. The only reason you got the "6700K version 3 now featuring a bonus 2 cores, you can thank us later. It was our original idea to ad more cores." was because AMD finally got their act together.

Fuck off.

Remember: most of Sup Forums and Sup Forums are poorfaghs running ancient i5 and i3 machines who only shitpost about high performance hardware they will never buy.

."w-w-when I buy that i7 i've been saying I will for years AMD w-w-will suck! Master race wins again!"

Funnily enough this is also why Sup Forums and Sup Forums do not discuss the HEDT parts because they are waaaaay out of budget and particularly now it is rather hard to justify Intel in that space.

in a way it reminds me of the late 90s/early 00s when intel and amd were frogleaping each other every few months.

to force Intel to stop selling Quad-cores for mid-range desktops.
And it succeeded, it took ages for Intel to properly respond.
Then Zen 2 is going to fuck them over again.
This is good for everyone.

>rypoo

this 720p meme needs to end.

>ryzen winning at higher resolutions
>8700k losing to itself because throttling on overclocks
kek

720p?
what do you need 480p for?

Let me help you.

Fighting the good fight

>"""""winning""""" by a margin-of-error 1fps in a GPU-bound scenario

The STATE of Rypoos.

>>Using video game benchmarks that have more to do with GPU bottlenecking than a CPU's performance.

240i is how REAL gamers play.

>being a tech-illiterate retard

Good luck trying to explain why a Coffee Lake CPU can achieve an extra 70fps with the same graphics card if Poozen is "bottlenecked" by it.

>what is margin of error
>looking at gpu bound scenario's to determine cpu performance

Tech illiterate spotted

>ryzen clocked lower than shittiest binned chip can clock
>intel clocked like only golden sample can clock under water
So, this is power of intels' shills.

It's nitpicking and running Ryzen on 2133MHz RAM. 7700k is a great cpu and best for pure gayms excl. coffee lake but most of the shit you see on Sup Forums is biased one way or the other. I don't think most of Sup Forums even OC anything but just like to wank to 5GHz/delidded results. Also, price/performance seems to be a non-issue to Sup Forums and every intelfan is running x299 eight cores minimum.

I want an 8700k

t. Ryzen owner

>those results don't count reeeeeeeeeee
>it's Intels fault that Ryzen has dogshit clock speeds reeeeeeeeeeeeee!

>t. Intel shill

It's shit.
You want a 7800K.

To shit on Intel in ever single workload aside from video games

Look at all these Ryzen owners trying to justify spending money on an inferior product by attacking Intel

inb4
>muh wojaks with intel hats
>muh schlomo

It's the only things they are capable of responding because they cannot come up with a legitimate argument due to the AMD's inferiority being a concrete fact.

>Intel shill posts with an anime picture he saved from Sup Forums