What does maple syrop taste like?

What does maple syrop taste like?

I keep seeing it in the super market but never actually bought one, i always imagined its some sugary, honey-like substance, which im not a big fan of

That's pretty much what it is but it has a distinct taste, I don't know how to describe it. It's good on pancakes and in oatmeal.

Closer than molasses than honey, really. It's very dark and pleasant in oatmeal or on pancakes.

Just know that the best maple syrup comes from Vermont, not that fake canadian stuff

You risk offending a Canadian if you turn down a swig of syrup. It's typically served after every meal, and is the national beverage of Canada.

I only ever have it with pancakes and I have that maybe once a year (>having a dessert for breakfast) so it's not worth buying maple syrup. It makes me wonder if restaurants buy real maple syrup or the aunt jemima stuff.

Depends on the restauraunt. Most use maple-flavored-high-fructose-corn-syrup. It's usually smaller local places that use real syrup. Although agave nectar is all the rage in the southwest

REEEE stick to making cheese Fatmont

This 2bh

Just buy a damn bottle, are you poor? lol

Fuck you I don't even live there I live in Arizona and I put AGAVE on my pancakes

Knock off trash 2bh

the darker the maple syrup the better

Agave > Honey > Tree semen
I use all 3 in my granola tho >:^)

does agave taste like tequila

Kind of like a molasses/honey syrup
It's overrated in my opinion but you never know, you might like it

be sure to get vermont maple syrup if you have the chance

canadians don't know shit about syrup but it's one of the only things they have pride in so they hype it up

No
truth

>Canadians don't know shit about maple syrup
>He likes Vermont trash

Opinion discarded.

even Vermont ice cream is better than Canadian ice cream

"no". Quality is better than quantity burgerboy.

It goes maple>honey>agave.

wrong

>What does maple syrop taste like?
Have you ever had pancake syrup or molasses? It tastes like that but a lot less thick and lighter in taste. Very drippy.

For the record, Vermont/New York maple is better than Canadian. I don't know why, it just tastes better.

>For the record, Vermont/New York maple is better than Canadian. I don't know why, it just tastes better.

Stop this meme. It does not, it's awful.

It's shit.
I don't know how anglos can eat this.

It's not a meme, U.S. syrup is just better ya goof

Tbh vermont's is just a bit better

No it's definitely a meme. Nobody is buying it burger, if you wanted to troll us at least pick something reasonable.

It's like very liquidy honey with a much stronger taste. I found it goes well with crepes, white cottage cheese and even coffee. Too bad it's so expensive.

Trash opinion
Trash syrup.

pls don't bully

Seriously not memeing.

I used to think Canadian was better and only bought that. I mean, it's on your flag afterall. Then I tried a bottle of Vermont and haven't looked back. The difference isn't that big, but it's enough to get me to switch.

It's not a meme ya silly boy, most people pay extra just to have the American syrup. tastes better and feels good to give some vermont hippies a job

I only consume wisconsin maple syrup. get on my level nerds.

>wisconsin maple syrup
I've never seen this in stores, not even hipster places. How does it compare to other varieties?

desu I haven't tried a ton since this stuff is so good. it's from some church group in wisconsin and I get it for cheap because I have an inside man

this stuff is definitely better than that full circle organic brand which is what I've had most recently. it's a much richer robust flavor. more caramel, less light honey

It's a meme, Vermont syrup tastes like shit in comparison. Nobody is paying extra for Vermont syrup.

t. Syrup connoisseur.