/hdg/ HARDDRIVE DOMINO GENERAL

Welcome to Harddrive Domino General October Edition. It's been two months since the last /hdg/ so it's clearly time for yet another one of these exciting threads.

Harddrives are technology. This is all about using this revolutionary storage technology to make amazing dominos. Welcome and enjoy.

Here's a quick recap of oneof the highlights from the last /hdg/

The Horse Got Owned.

>this guy is still making these threads

Why do you have weights on the floor?

Do you .. mind?

So I can pick them up and put them down a.k.a. lift.

Anyway, here's today's first domino.

Good to see I'm not the only loser wasting my life right now. J/K we're all dead inside already.

>he fell for the (((weightlifting))) meme
>not being natty bodyweight lifter

Why are they so close to the HDDs?

Do you reuse them, or are they fresh dominoes every time? Do they work? How big is your collection?

Tripfag back to Ieddit.

The collection of shame:
- 1x Seagate 2 TB NAS HDD (lasted 4 years or so)
- 1x WD Black 640 GB (lasted 10 years, so not that shameful)
- 3x Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001, sent first that died back for repair, came back "repaired" dead on arrival
- 1x WD Caviar WD3200AAKS, made January 2008, lasted quite a while too. Died two-three years ago.

It's really the 3 TB Seagate's that deserve the most shame here, they died within months and they even sent me a dead drive back from repair.

The collection of age:
- 2x Maxtor 200 GB IDE
- 3x Seagate Barracuda 80 GB

These that I just stopped using because they were old used to work. Something tells me that they don't work that well anymore...

I just use these for domino purposes, perhaps I'll take the magnets from'em someday but my fridge is already full of HDD magnets and 2.5" drive magnets are more suitable for the fridge anyway.

Yes.

Cool thread Mr op

Thanks.

New Setup! Will they all fall down then the first falls?

Nobody knows!

Do you live in a single room dorm or are you desparate to show off you 'lift'?
Put the fucking weights away.

They All Fall Down!!

60m2 apartment, narrow hall, kitchen, bedroom and living-room. The weights are usually where they are now, the HDD's ain't.

when are you gonna throw that disgusting carpet away

That's kind of how I dispose of my old HDDs. Take them out into the back garden and just slam them as hard as I can against the patio. If you pick it up and shake it and it sounds like a maraca, your information is securely erased.

Now you are blind.

>age
>not 80GB
C'mon now...

I'm wiping HDDs right now. But no dominios.

Aww yeah, Ive been looking forward to the next one of these threads

NEW CIRCLE SETUP.

What?

Nice. Very nice.

> not using them for harddrive domino purposes
What?

When they're eventually replaced, I promise a 16 HDD domino video and subsequent smashing in the back garden like I'm at a Greek wedding.

When that is however entirely depends on when the drives die. They're Seagates. So it could be tomorrow. Or never. Nobody knows.

What we got here is FAILURE to kill the Horse.

We should all donate our dead HDDs to this man

tfw too poor to own a hdd
tfw forced to use live images on flash drives
tfw see this thread

We could set a new world record for this.

>sdr

just how many drives are you shredding?

16x2TB. Home server.

In the last thread I shared how my laptop doesn't work and this video to show what it looks like.

It still doesn't work. I have tried turning it on and off. It doesn't turn on.

What kind of a pussy collection is that?
Here are mine that aren't currently in cold storage or in use.

All working though, so sadly no dominos.

Do it anyways

>doing callisthenics for anything other than assistance work

Nice. Very nice. But wait a second, are most of those IDE drives?

Anyway, I just did another domino and I failed to kill ze horse.

stupid horsey

God dammit are you VeganTrap from /fit. I hate you, you fucking limp-wristed fruit loop

who the fuck are you

Literally to fuck yourself OP. I'd kill for some hard drives right now but we have jerks like you wasting them without a thought

It's not fair

You're doing god's work OP

Brah that ain't wasting, I just stick a drill through about 50 hard drives from law firm desktops last week
Shit sucks but you can't risk it

kek

newfag

Lol

Bastards.

Poor starving kids in Africa could have eaten those hard disks!

>wasting
Do keep in mind that most of these drives - except the 3 80 GB ones - stopped working. It's not like I'd take 3 new 3 TB HDDs and throw them around for no good reason, but if they are shit Seagate's that don't work then they are shit drives and no use to anyone.

Yes. They could have. But they won't. No HDDs for them!!

literally who

What was in those disks?

The SemenGate Backup Slim 2TB was voted number one external HDD on some tech forum for its value and reliability. Anyone have experiences with it? It's $83 here

Its 2.5" form factor and slightly rounded edges may make it less useful as a domino.

I have a similar 2.5" form factor 4 TB HDD from Seagate and it still works fine, no issues with it so far.

It's Seagate and 3 of my 3.5" domino HDDs are Seagate 3 TB's that died within months so the fact that it's a Seagate HDD weighs heavily against it.

And then there's

This. So much this.

ty op

I made a HDD tower. With a spinner on top.

MAXIMUM AUTISM!

Had to cut the video short in the interest of limiting the file-size. It would probably look better with one of those that have LEDs on them but mine are still being shipped (they are selling for $2/piece now that summer is over).

more spinner

I just migrated my os to an SSD and HOLY FUCK.

Hehehe

I'm just this guy, you know. I'm not important.

>Doesn't knock over the horse
I'm a little disappointed.

Hard Drive Domino abbreviates as HDD

Btw those drives are USB straight from the chipset so they have no sata connection when you remove them from the enclosure.

Heh heh

If you're disappointed with that then you'll enjoy this related video.

Interesting. Perhaps I'll just call it /hdd/ Hard Drive Domino if I ever decide to do one of these threads again.

Why would that be a problem? I only need it to be external for storing films, books and docs when traveling. My memepad has only got 250GB of SSD.

It's generally not a problem.

I opened my external 2 TB Toshiba 2.5" external HDD and put that in a normal computer when a 2 TB HDD in a 4 drive RAID array died and used that until the replacement drive I ordered arrived. There are some advantages like this to external HDDs with a normal SATA interface and a loose SATA to USB board inside. Also, if the USB port breaks due to wear and tear then you can just take the HDD out and put it in some other external HDD case (or use it in your desktop). Of course... the HDD itself is probably dead or dying by the time the USB port dies from normal wear.

I wouldn't consider the USB being part of the HDDs chipset as a major factor, it's just something to be aware of.

I really like these threads

Horse is dead. Time to make glue out of it.

Go on, post a picture of your body.

inb4
>i-i just started...

>all these skinny fat fags itt
Keep up the good work op
Sup Forums is just ass blasted neets that can't lift

why are your weights inside the house?

>that poor little arm at the end
"I have no disk but I must read"

im a fat fuck but i still can lift

If you're fat enough all you gotta do for a cardio workout is lift your ass out of the chair.