I'm an American moving to Liaoning China for awhile...

I'm an American moving to Liaoning China for awhile. I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice or tips for this prominence? Is it safe for Americans? - I would ideally also like to send tons of counterfeit items back to America for my friends to sell, and if that's not doable, at least some Louis Vuitton and Versace knockoffs for personal use, any clue if that's somthing I could find there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hsihuqI-r_4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh! Thanks a lot.

Just comb through aliexpress (or maybe Taobao if you can chinkrunes). Tons of fakes. They'll often hide or the blur out the logo, but it's not that hard to find. Sometime they'll call it "branded" and not say what brand.

Granted, it may still be cheap getting direct in China, but I don't know about that aspect.

I worked in a Chinese prison for many years. Not in Liaoning. I can offer advice.

I've only been to Hong Kong, so I can't really help, but good luck man.

Would I get in trouble for mailing large amounts of counterfeits or would no one care? That is interesting, any Americans In the jail?

I've heard Hong Kong is one of the kings of fakes. Seems like a great place, I hope I can go sometime.

It would depend on the product. Many product have limits on how much you can take into and out of China such as milk powder. I do not know if such limit exist for clothing, you should check.

If I had to guess, you would only run into problem with American custom. China custom does not care much about what leaves country, only what comes into.

No, just Chinese. I worked at place we detention religious practitioners.

Any interesting stories?

Also how did you land a job in a fucking chinese prison

That makes me feel better. Overall is it pretty safe? A girl I know is coming with me, i assume it would be good and safe for her as well? And also, I second the statement "how the hell did you land such a job"? Also, you ever feel bad for detaining the religious?

China is very safe for foreigners. you might have someone try to scam you or pick your pocket, but you will be perfectly safe. If someone hurts a foreigner here they are dealt much more severely than just another chinese. Just be respectful of Chinese and never talk politics.

China police budget larger than our military, so job as police or guard in prison quite easy. I trained as police and got job removing street vendors, then got job in the prison after a couple years.

Not interesting stories, just bad ones. Chinese prison are not a nice place. Our one have many executions not announced.

Oh god, that's horrible. Scares me a lot thinking about that. Lastly, if I work on a business Visa while my Z-Visa is getting fixed (for the sake of saving time), would I be sent to jail you think? Do police look for that type of thing? Or do you believe I would just be deported? - the surprise execution thing really worries me, what general area was that in? South China?

The worst that could happen is being deported. If you are a law abiding foreigner you will never have any trouble as long as you are polite to police etc. Only foreigners who get detained are journalist/human right lawyers. Honestly, you will like China. Sup Forums like to make fun of us, but 99% of Chinese are just nice people who think highly of western countries and enjoy meeting foreigner. You will probably have a lot of girls come to you to practice English.

Thank you so much for answering my questions. You have eased a lot of anxieties that I've had. I feel a lot more comfortable hearing it from someone who has been there. Lots of my family and friends tell me to stay away because it's dangerous, but I feel like they don't really know what they are talking about. Pretty much everything I've seen says the Chinese are good/nice people and it's a great time there. - Any other words of advice? I'm getting a Vpn and mentally preparing myself for the different style toilets, but anything else I should know before I dive in?

Odds are you will not need to use squat toilet. Every hotel has western, and a lot of shops like mc donalds etc.

If you plan on buying a lot of counterfiet stuff, you will need to be smart. As foreigner, everyone will try to rip you off. This is not a racism thing, just most chinese think foreigners are rich and spend money easily, so they will overcharge you if you go to a street market. If you go to normal shops they wont though, they will just have price labels etc.

Just follow these rules:
1. Never argue with police/security checks
2. Be polite to everyone
3. Do not eat street food

And you will be fine. I have eaten street food and it is normally fine, but the chance of getting a parasite worm or something is a thing, so just stick to restaurants/supermarkets to be safe. Always drink bottled water and make sure to have some with you.

I would recommend getting vaccines too. There are some that most westerners do not have, but worth getting. Also if you have not gotten your flu shot this year, get that. The reason for this is not because you are afraid of getting sick (these will not kill you 99% of the time) but to stay away from hospitals. Chinese farming practices mean super bugs exist, and going to a hospital puts you at risk of getting one.

The vaccine thing is somthing I didn't think about. I've jotted that down in my list of things to do. I have read the China is a bartering culture so I'm prepared for things like that. You have been a huge help. Thank you again! If you are ever in Liaolang then I'll buy you a beer haha

>Do not eat street food

Fuck you that's the best part about living in china

Vaccines is a little much bro

Also bottle water can also be counterfeit as well ex gfs uncle sold a bunch of shady shit near metros

Just by a nice water filter machine and a big asscanteen that's what i did saves lots of money

Also hit the gym you'll be swimming in asian ass in no time

Fake shit is easy as fuck to spot, you will just look like a fool

Mfw spotting a chink with fake accessories from a mile away

its beautiful, the city but the people are shit.

Why you getting sent so up north??

Also pack plenty of warm clothes it gets cold as fuck up there get some nice thermals chinese heating sucks get a human heater (gf) for the winter

This fuck HK people and their shitty arrogant attitudes

>dumplings are good though

He's trying to sell it to stupid fucks

I have been to Harbin a few times, which is north of Liaolang. I think you should visit sometime, it is a interesting city and lot of Russian influence.

Get a appointment with travel doctor, she will advise you on what vaccine you need.

Bottled water is not counterfiet unless you buy from some street stall.... And no that is retarded. Bottled water in China is like 2 kuai, less than 50 cents US. No need to buy a fucking water filter. OP do not listen to Alex Jones here.

Also I agree Chinese street food is nice, especially those kebabs. But dangerous if you are not used to them, easy to get sick.

Do I not want to go to Liaolang? I just kinda decided that it seemed like a cheap place, and would give me a better ability to save and make cash. What's shitty about the people?

If he wants to sell fake shit though i can recommend buying Montblanc ballpointpen fakes, they really portable and look extremely authentic and will fool most people if they do not know what they are dealing with, forget about things like brand bags and such though, its just going to fall apart

not sure about Liaolang but Hk people are like anyone in a major city in any country, shit. It's the NYC of Asia. that should say enough.

If you are free to choose where to go it would be best to just go Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen etc. A big city. Those northern cities not much to do, and not very interesting other than Harbin. Even Harbin get boring after a few days.

Also if you want counterfiet goods then Shenzhen is the BEST place to go. All the fake shit made in China goes to Shenzhen before being taken across checkpoint to HK.

Nigga i ran out of clean water constantly since i work out a lot and like making cold drinks and going to the super market all the time to buy water is a pain in the ass and convince stores jew you

And boiling water and waiting for it to cool was gay

Also you can make gallons of peach tang anytime you want

Mmmm peach tang makes me miss chinar

>Water filters are love water filters are life

Oh, interesting. Montblanc ballpointpen, didn't even think of that; I like the idea. I was considering of course handbags, glasses, watches, phones, maybe laptops.. A few other things. I'll put a few grand into it, and if it dosnt work then no real loss. I feel fairly confident in it though, if I can sniff out a place to buy it there face to face preferably.

I liked shenzhen a lot when i lived there but the north can be an interesting experience also women in the north are way taller

>Miss my 5'10 beijing gf hnnnnnng

Hmm.. I'm somewhat free in my choices of where to go. I had somthing set up that was getting into the final stages of Liaolang but from what I've read Shenzhen does seem like the place to be.. I'm going to start taking a closer look at that when my internet comes back on and I can use my laptop instead of phone.

Only gay thing about SZ is its getting pretty pricey and everyone is trying to do business at all times get beijing if you can mang

I'm a pretty business oriented person, so I don't think that would be too bad for me. I wouldn't have any problem with moving to even the most mundane part of China as long as I felt confident i could find some steady and large supply of various cheap/knockoff products. I'm sure Begjing would fit that ticket. I'll def. look into both the Areas a lot more.

If you love buisness and want to push goods then SZ is the place my dude you can even take day trips to hk buy stuff there and sell it to the commies who want nice things

>iphones etc

godspeed user
our clandestine service is our most under appreciated
all the best in your monitoring of ship movements

This whole thread feels like a commie china tourism advertisement.
Also, stay the fuck out of hk, criminal scum

Business going well for you? Hope so. Best of luck in your ventures as well.

China is actually lots of fun as a foreigner and also fuck HK can't wait until Shanghai or Shenzhen replace you soon to be irrelevant niggers

Seems like lots of hate towards Hk. Didn't realize that was a thing. Will keep note of that.

Hong Kongers are arrogant sad niggers.
Speak mandarin to them and they act like you're a fucking dog, speak perfect English as a rich Chinese and they capitulate like a nong.
Wait for 2047, you British lapdog chink.

HK is special my friend
youtu.be/hsihuqI-r_4

Both parties have plenty of legitimate gripes, even Jackie Chan turned his back on HK because he was sick of their faggotry and Bruce Lee left to become a American lol

This i wouldn't have a problem with people from HK if they werent such arrogant fuckwits who enjoy beating their maids and end everything with la

I don't know why that made me laugh so hard. Are they trying to like.. Do somthing like sledding or are they just afraid to go down the hill because it's Icey? Either way you can tell it's a total cluster fuck/failure in progress

Little of side a little of side b

I was expecting a car to come out of nowhere and run them over, but maybe I watch too much liveleak

Damn son stop spending time in rekt threads

>end everything with la