VAIO

Why the FUCK are these VAIO things so G*ddamned expensive?

I would like to get one, but I really just don't wanna spend the money on something I know is so wildly inflated in price.

At least they have a nice aesthetic, but I don't really care about that when it really boils down to it.

Do they even make VAIOs anymore?

get a cheap HP Probook ...

>biggest SSD you can get is 256gb

Nobody would actually buy this shit over a chinkpad right?

Yeah.
>HP
No thanks. [spoiler]I actually really dig a tablet I won they made though[/spoiler]
Maybe.
Then again, ThinkPads are kinda meme'd pretty hard on this site, so it's understandable nobody thinks anybody wouldn't get one.

I thought sony stopped making them. I have a Sony Vaio Pro, I thought it was one of the last ones they made

Aesthetics were always the main reason for VAIO line products existing.

For what it's worth I can recommend Vaio Laptops. The engineering is really solid so if you want to do repairs on your laptop it's super easy as everything is easily accessible (depending on your tech literacy this can save you a few dollars down the road). They don't glue in parts in an anti-consumer way.

Also I have had mine for very long and never had any problems but that may be a statistical blob.

They are the absolute best.
The keyboards are magnificent the build qualitu and guts are stellar.

VAIO are literally the best laptops, thats why they cost the most.

>he didn't buy one during the out of business sale
>tfw bought a carbon fibre vaio z like linus for $500

Sony sold the VAIO brand.

>why is X so expensive?
70% of the time is because of marketing, 20% of the time because some retarded reason and only 10% of the time because of a legit reason

Wrong

>why is X so expensive?
becasue you're fucking poor

>16:9 screens
fuck no

>If you don't want to pay for overpriced things when better and cheaper alternatives exist you must be poor!
A jew's wet dream right here

Is this the new line of VAIOs? That's kinda nice to hear actually.
I mean, no? I'm just a bit of a miser.
What's wrong with them?

>What's wrong with them?
16:9 sucks and is even worse on laptops.

>Vaio in 2017

The fuck is wrong with you

Why does it suck? How is it worse on laptops? What do you recommend and why?

I don't know, you tell me, it's not as if I own one? A few Anons ITT seem satisfied with the product.

Nope

80% of the time it is because product X offers features at least some customers are willing to pay for.

3:2 master race
huawei matebook x masterrace

Depending on who "they" are, you're correct. But another "they" is currently making VAIO computers.

this was the best one
prove me wrong

>Is this the new line of VAIOs? That's kinda nice to hear actually.
No it's an older one, would be interesting to know if anything has changed about this in the newer models.

>Bought a beaten down vaio (2nd gen i5) for 300 usd.
>Replaced the screen, battery , hdd and swapped the optical drive for another ssd.
>400 usd total for a rugged laptop with great battery life, backlit keyboard, dual ssd, neat screen and decent processor.
Comfy as fuck, the only downside is that the shit is somewhat heavy, but still.

Is it possible to upgrade processor or gpu in vaio laptops?

Is it snappy for general tasks?
I might do this.

>Why does it suck? How is it worse on laptops?
It's too wide

Holy fuck yes. I use it as my uni laptop and carry it over at schools (teacher) to use on my spare hours working on worksheets, excel, ppts and other documents (extensive reports and such) or when I need to project something in the classroom. Boots in like 12 seconds to ubuntu and 30 secs into w7.
Not recommended for "modern" gaming tough, or playing 3 youtube videos at the same time, great for office use.
Also the VAIO logo is aesthetic as fuck.

Nice exposure value you dumb millennial

le bump

wrong!
also don't get triggered by the extreme posing

this and they are made of that same shiny plastic that the $100 acer consumer shittops are made of.

Yes, Vaio was spun off into it's own company a few years ago (that Sony has shares in)

Vaio were focused on the Japanese market initially but they are now branching out internationally.

Who owns vaio now?

95% Japan Industrial Partners, 5% Sony

You can just not get a "quiet keyboard" with fukin cheap laptop.

Go for VAIO, you can do "your thang" without disturbing the family and the neighbors.

>without disturbing the family and the neighbors.
This isn't a problem

When you're doing a girl, she may or maynot be silent.

But VAIO ... It's quiet. Always!

Actually am curious about the fan noise

>Actually am curious about the fan noise

0 to 60dB in 3s. That's a great ride.

h-hayai!

i would actually rather buy a macbook than that

PowerBook G4 masterrace

ohhhhhhhhhhh, thanks

can't see shit captain
Last true great one was the Z with the green power button before they went the whole transformer shit design.
Pic related

beemp

I want to say I didn't but I actually did get triggered because of the tumblr tier posing.

you look very sophisticated user :)

I have to use this piece of shit at work.
The keycaps scratched the display, it constantly runs hot, the battery is shit and the flash memory is 4*64Gb emmc that's botched together with a raid controller.

This thing's ass.

they are consumer laptops so low quality plastic garbage is what you get.

you mean this one?