When will they be done with the project?

ReactOS BETA Release date when? Excited desu I can finally play all them WinXP games

Also is it a meme? Will we ever get a 100% compitable FOSS Windows? How come no one ever decided to start an open source FOSS Mac like these guys do with Windows?

>So many unanswered questions
So few answers

Other urls found in this thread:

darlinghq.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nvm figured it out

Figured what out?

OP figured out that it was a dumb question.

Thanks for this OP i was thinking a couple days ago if an OS like this would be possible, now just needs to add linux and mac software support to be GOAT OS.

Just use WINE, idiot.
And there was a completely FLOSS MacOS. It was called OpenDarwin, and it was discontinued because no one gave a shit.

/thread
Also this darlinghq.org/

Never. It's taken them almost 20 years to get to semi-XP software compatibility levels.

It might find its niche in legacy commercial and industrial applications, much like FreeDOS is now commonly used to run ancient software, like old CNC mills

Even darling, much like linuxulator, is redundant, because MacOS is a UNIX operating system, and, thus, it's significantly easier to port MacOS software to any other UNIX-like platform.

Darwin can't run OS X-specific software.

But that was THEN. The number of devs working on ReactOS and contributions from other has skyrocketed these last two years.

>reacto is shiet
>nobody wants winxp and nobody runs winxp programs
Fucking idiots, there are million users out there, military, govs, embedded devices, atms, and a shitload of other cases where reactos can replace the dying winxp. Yes asshole, winxp is not dead yet, some version have support up to 2019.
Reactos doesn't inly offer userspace compatibility, but also it offers kernel space too.
That's a god given gift to the thousandsof dead peripherals, e.g. printers(not your 50$ one) which can function again due to that compatibility.
Russia backs this project, and i don't see why not china would do it too, since they have the biggest army of obsolete winxp machines thst are too important to throw away for some botnet.
Just bwcause you don't need it, it doesn't mean that it is important

Thank Wangblows 10 telemetry.

>that it is NOT important
fuck my autism
The other mistakes are obvious.

k, I see why this is still alive

>windows xp
youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM

That's actually a pretty good comparison. I imagine ReactOS will be relevent by the time that XP binaries and below are all but depricated. By that time, a small project (relatively speaking) like React will have accrued the man hours and the resources to really pull off a binary-compatible distribution--but only then.

why don't microshaft make office for lincucks if they ported it to fagOS

What?

They fear the competition. Even the reason microshaft ported office to fagOS is due to a lost lawsuit.

Because there's not an audience. There are countless superior alternatives in the Free World, and GNU/Linux users know that.