/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Nokia 9 renders reveal thin bezels, lack of headphone jack
phonearena.com/news/Nokia-9-renders-reveal-thin-bezels-lack-of-headphone-jack_id98847

Honor 7X hands-on review
gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_7x-review-1667.php

Samsung brings two new camera sensors: 12MP 1.28µm with Dual Pixel and 24MP 0.9µm
gsmarena.com/samsung_unveils_two_camera_sensors-news-27655.php

Just in: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 hands-on
gsmarena.com/just_in_xiaomi_mi_mix_2_handson-news-27641.php

First Samsung Galaxy A5 (2018) renders show a shrunken down Galaxy S8 sans the curved display
phonearena.com/news/First-Samsung-Galaxy-A5-2018-renders-show-a-shrunken-down-Galaxy-S8-sans-the-curved-display_id98820

Jony Ive: The iPhone X marks "a new chapter" in design, but Apple has more big ideas in store
phonearena.com/news/Jony-Ive-The-iPhone-X-marks-a-new-chapter-in-design-but-Apple-has-more-big-ideas-in-store_id98816

Galaxy S9 may come with air quality warning system as Samsung patents environmental sensor
phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-S9-may-come-with-air-quality-warning-system-as-Samsung-patents-environmental-sensor_id98819
old

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/kingroot-malware-adware-root-t3563090
forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-44gb-64gb-global
productchart.com/smartphones/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

V30 is the phone that saved 2017

Is Moto G4 (non-plus) still good?

Too bad it's shit

I think you meant the iPhone X

XZ1/C
Z
/
C

what I'm looking for in a phone
>4.7 - 5.2" screen, 1080p
>good battery life is important
>acceptable camera
>at least 3GB RAM. CPU is almost irrelevant though
>350 euro budget
I'm partial to A5 2017. convince me not to get it if there's anything wrong with it please. recommend something else if possible

does her shirt have boobie pockets? cuz i dont get how that shirt works otherwise

managed to install lineage lads, please tell me it has night mode?

Can lineage OS breath new life to Samsung Galaxy S3?
Or the device is very old?

What's a good music player for android ? Bonus point for free software

I think it's called livedisplay

thanks

Her shirt is wrinkly and sort of tight

My Droid Turbo came in the mail yesterday. Got it for $95 in mint condition. Paid Sunshine $25 for a bootloader unlock. Did I make a bad purchase?

It still wouldn't go under her boobs like that unless there's pockets for them

Where do I find rooting guides? Someone's paying me to root their ZTE Majesty Pro but I can't find one.

" root xda"
google

You can try kingroot and then flash twrp and magisk over it

Post more cute girls using smartphones

>You can try kingroot and then flash twrp and magisk over it
What?
How can you flash TWRP from the phone?

>KingRoot
forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/kingroot-malware-adware-root-t3563090

forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
Np

Redmi Note 4 or 4X? Both are the 625 4/64GB.

So my Nexus 6 is starting to give up on me and I'm in the market for a new phone. I'm fucking done with ricing and roms and shit, too much effort for not enough gain. I just want a big phone that's powerful and feels nice. The way I see it I've whittled it down to two options, the Pixel 2 XL or the LG V30. The extent of my ricing will be trying custom launchers. What would /spg/ do?

S8+/note 8

this

Is it worth it to do monthly payments for a smartphone, or should I just buy an unlocked one in one sirtting? The newest ones are all like $20+ a month for 2-3 years.

Why do people keep recommending Samsung? Overpriced garbage.

this or wait for the Redmeme Note 5? Also, will there be any other "Pro" version like with the Redmeme Note 3 Pro? It is still more powerfull than both, the 4 and 5, or that's what kimovil says.

The 3 is still better than the 4 or 5, yes. That's one of the problems with these chinkphone brands, you have no fucking idea what they're going to do next. I'd still buy a RN3P right now if I was on a tight budget but I wouldn't plan to get more than 12 months out of it.

Is it worth the price?

Genuine question for a friend.

yes

every cent

A girl offered me pity sex and I denied it and now she won't talk to me. Did I make the right choice?

Also waiting for pixel 2

How do you fix the GPS not getting a lock when flashing from stock to new ROMs?
I've been having these issues since 2013 and the first smartphone I've bought in 4 years is having this issue.

No, it's a Note 4X with a SD625

>A girl offered me pity sex and I denied it and now she won't talk to me. Did I make the right choice?
no?
now you're gonna die a virgin.

If she's hot - no
If she's ugly - yes

If she's ugly just put a paper bag over your head or close your eyes. Vagina is still vagina

Thanks a bunch, user. My friend asked if the 64GB model is enough.

Moto G5S+.

Too many compromises, like everything. It's up to one's preferences. For me it's better than the S8, but the V30 still have to be announced for my country, and the S8 can already be found for 500€. I don't know why LG is shooting itself in the foot in this way.

You're a man of honour, you made the right choice.

Because they're unironically the best phones of the year.

If you NEED vanilla Android get a pixel XL or pixel 2 XL. If you're okay using package disabler and touchwiz however the S8/S8+ and Note8 have the best hardware of any Android devices of 2017.

Samsung phones drop in price a lot faster than competitors. Last year a S7 was 700+, now you can find one in good condition for $300 or less

id go for the pixel 2 xl because im never going back to non front facing stereo speakers

My old AT&T iphone 5c recently died on me.
Making the switch to Android.

Can't afford to wait before buying - about to pull the trigger on a Redmi Note 4X with the Helio x20 rather than the Snapdragon 625.
Still a good buy?

Definitely taking recommendations.

What do you guys think about Alcatel Pixi 4? I got it for free.

how about something that fits the requirements

S8 is cheaper though and just as good.

>Helio X20
a shit buy and won't get LTE on AT&T. Either get a LeEco Le Pro3 off Amazon for $199 that has full support for AT&T bands, or a Redmi Note 4 Global that has all the 3g bands and 2/4 of the LTE bands

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-44gb-64gb-global

S8 has three massive problems:
>curved screen edges
>touchjizz
>badly placed fingerprints sensor

S8 is better than the V30 only if you can live up with such problems.

S8 is a lot better.
V30's screen 8s complete trash

How is the Moto G5+ for a travel phone? I want something with:

>Good battery life
>Decent camera
>Can stand up to wear and tear

Curved edges aren't great but they're at least not too bad. The Note8 is even better in regards to the curved edge.

Touchwiz can be made much better by using package disabler pro

Finger print sensor placement is great for me by default but I can't imagine it would take more than a week or two to get used to anyway.

just use f.lux
no
faggot confirmed
samsungs if fucking garbage
should do the trick, and also provide the ease of mind of being cheap

I feel so guilty for wanting the pixel.
But a Note4 upgrade is long overdue and the pixel should last atleast 3-4 years right?

Fugg, it's so much more powerful than the snapdragon though.

good news: I think iOS 11.0.3 finally fixed the bullshit battery drain I was experiencing. factory restore and restore from backup also helps. that said, this 6s will be my last iPhone ever. fuck face ID and fuck not having a headphone jack

She's a virgin

I think

>no headphone jack
Unless you're talking about the original pixel in which case
>buying a 2016 flagship in 2017

How do I know which is a global version?

Virgins fuck like trash. And if she's still a virgin at your age she probably looks like trash too

It isn't really that much more powerful, especially outside of benchmarks. And the downsides are more heat, much worse battery life and no custom ROMs. If you want performance get the Le Pro 3 with SD821.

>The Note8 is even better in regards to the curved edge.
Yeah, but the Note 8 shouldn't be compared to the V30, since it lives in a different market niche. Also, curved edges are bad regardless of how slightly they're curved, period.

>package disabler
Samsung nests (at least used to, don't know now) functionalities in a way that you can't disable too many things without making your phone barely unusable.

>is great for me
S8 and Note 8 are big phones, and if you have small hands that sensor becomes uncomfortable to use. You can argue it's not that bad, but LG's design is straight out better.

Check the LTE bands listed in the item description, the Global version has:
B1/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20
(if there's no B4 or B20, it's not the Global version)

>but LG's design is straight out better.
When paired with garbage quality control and horrible multiple generation history of failing hardware and non-existent Android updates... the LG design could be gods gift to mankind and I wouldn't use it.

You shouldn't be buying phones anyway if your tiny hands can't hold or use them properly.

Maybe buy a smartwatch with a sim next time.

Fucking a virgin is meh because they only feel pain

What's the opinion of Sup Forums on Sharp Aquos S2? Because I have a chance to buy it from our country

I don't see how curved edges on Samsung phones are bad. They're bad on every other manufacture because they blatantly copy Samsung but don't have the good fabs to back it up.

Why is the Moto X4 more expensive than the Moto G5+?

Looks like the exact same shit

I've been using this phone since feb when I got my Nexus 5 stolen.
For the price it's a good phone I'd say, the screen is abysmaly bad for this day and age, but the battery life is really good considering it's just 1000mAh.

This phone proved that any shitty phone is ok in 2017, if you aren't an autist or something.

this is correct

LOST

How do I get a free smartphone?

agree to a 2 year contract

Slightly better SoC, better camera (probably), water resistance, USB-C and NFC, better update support. Whether that makes it worth ~$200 more is debatable.

>I don't see how curved edges on Samsung phones are bad.
They're not bad "on Samsung phones", they're bad on EVERY phone.

I would disagree.

I hate the S8 and S7 edge. But my Note8 is fantastic.

Personal preference is a thing, just in case you aren't aware.

Samsung is literally the only manufacture that gets the curved meme screen right. Every other maker has stupid bezels (Apple) or you can spot the black outline of the display (Xiaomi, etc)

Then it's not free.

Is there anyway to extract the data from this site productchart.com/smartphones/
After I've made the needed filtering?

OK so I just bought a Xiaomi Mi MIX because all of the current flagships are uninspiring. I'm not spending $800+ on a phone that is missing literally several features I want (they're all missing several features). The Mi MIX is also missing features I want but at half the cost and still with a flagship look and feel to it, also the massive screen is a massive plus for me so it seemed like a no brainer.

We need modular smartphones now. I will probably keep this phone for a couple of years, if the situation is still the same in Q4 2019 I will probably lose interest in owning a flagship altogether by then.

One Plus 5 user here. Why do I perpetually have the vibration icon on my notification bar?

I'm not set to DNS or mute modes either.

Here's a screenshot

make sure ringtones and alarms volume aren't set to vibrate.

if it still shows the vibrate icon, maybe it's a bug with your ROM

What are the recommended tablets these days?
>SD card slot
>minimum 16 GB internal storage
>1 GB of RAM
>between 7"-9"
>cheap less than 200$
>run Android above 4.4

what rom and version?

Tablets are pretty much dead. I'd get a 2-in-1 Chromebook with Android Apps. Alternatively, if you enjoy having a mouthful of dick, iPads are still an option.

Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017)

FNF iFive Mini 4S

Everything is set to full blast at the moment.

NoLimits 3.9

No one on the xda thread has reported the issue so I think it might just be me.

>Chromebook
Then I'd better get a refurbished thinkpad.
>iPad
No SD card slot.
>Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017)
I need it to run Android
>FNF iFive Mini 4S
Chink.

I want something small to take with me, to read PDFs with, I'd get an E-Reader but those are very bad with PDFs.

Since android is absolute dogshit an I will never see 8.0 on my phone is there any launcher that lets me use the new Adaptive icons?

why'd you choose nolimits over something established like lineageOS?

I was on DU for 2 years so I have no idea what Lineage brings with it.

The xda thread for it doesn't list any features either.

>looking for a good 5 inch phone
>find out about the Redmi 4 prime
>it's exactly what I'm looking for
>turns out its out of stock and doesn't work in the US