Get a job in IT department

>get a job in IT department
>computers are running Windows 10
>ask sys admin to install me a Linux with i3 window manager
>he looks at me weird
I feel like I should have hid my power level, now I'm that "wannabe hacker" at work. How are you at your workplace?

Try to treat it as a normal thing. Say you feel more comfortable, that's it.

Start wearing sunglasses to work. Get thumb drive necklace in the shape of a dragon dildo. Tell everyone you’re gunna Jax dat Gibson!

>asking for Lunix
He probably thought you were hitting on him user

You're going to work at IT. Why would someone give a weird look if what you recommended also corresponds to IT?

>software programmer job
>we use .NET framework and work pretty much entirely in Visual Studio
>ask IT department to install me a Linux with i3 window manager
>"Fuck no"

>software programmer job
>we use .NET framework and work pretty much entirely in Visual Studio because M$ has built a service and all components around each other making it all in one development environment
>ask IT department to install me a Linux with i3 window manager instead of use the companies practices that literally everyone is using because he things hes a hacker snowflake

>let the rookie compile and install his own os because he insists
>he produces unmaintainable and buggy c garbage that's not portable
>fire him before his probation period is over and have someone else rebuild his stuff in a way that everyone else in the team is familiar with

>Sup Forums lands a job in a company the thread

>How are you at your workplace?
Have my own business. Do whatever I like. I consider people with jobs to be inferior because they couldn't figure out how to make money in any other way than "I'm selling 5 days of my week so I can have 2 days off and I do that for 40 years and then I die".

Subhuman scum.

>Have my own business.

As a NEETbux collection agent?

we're not Sup Forums or Sup Forums here

So yo uare.

>install a Linux
i would look at you weird too

>get a job in IT department
>computers are running Windows 10
>ask sys admin to install me a Linux with i3 window manager
>he tells me that I should go be a pedophile somewhere else
What went wrong Sup Forums?

>install me a linux
He looked at you weird because you sound like you are ordering something at McDonald's

Do you want some GNU with that?

> >get a job in IT department
>>ask sys admin to install me a Linux
> >ask sys admin
I'm a sysadmin and I'd look at you like that too. If you are more comfortable with Ubuntu or Arch, that's your business but you're on your own, admins will not support you for being a special snowflake.

>he cannot configure his workstation as he pleases
what kind of a shitty company are you in OP?

Being a pedo

Yeah and can i get some freedom on the side

Muh bro.
I'm enterprise grade, so all our clients are managed up the ass Windows boxes. Shit sucks. We're slowly starting to open that up, with web applications becoming more prevalent.
Do you have freedom over your machine?

>he thinks you work less than 5 days a week as a business owner, especially at the start, where the vast majority of businesses fail

OKAY NEET LARPER

You are that wanna be hacker.