There i fixed it

There i fixed it

Other urls found in this thread:

media.ccc.de/v/biometrie-s8-iris-en
theverge.com/2017/2/14/14615228/apple-fingerprint-reader-patent-touch-id-smartphone-screen
techradar.com/news/apple-has-reportedly-given-up-trying-to-put-touch-id-in-the-iphone-8-display
appleinsider.com/articles/17/09/26/apple-patent-for-ultrasonic-force-sensor-could-lead-to-iphone-with-under-screen-touch-id
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Truly
REVOLUTIONARY

You brought back touch id?

S8 is cheaper

What about face recognition?

I don't think you understand
Apple has to fix it

now what

>i removed all the new sensors! it's so easy!

Put that shit on the back.

FaceId is the dumbest fucking piece of shit on the planet. TouchId and the Android implementations are literally perfect.

If my phone's in my hands, odds are a finger will find its way onto the fingerprint scanner which instantly unlocks the device. Apple threw away something they themselves perfected, complete insanity.

ew what is this poorfag junk?

>haven't tested it
>saying it's shit already

lmao just like when touch ID was launched and retards said it was shit then all the android OEMS flock to copy

rumor has it they've ditched under screen fingerprint scanners now due to faceID

>S8 is cheaper
>poorfag junk

>haven't tested it
>IT'S GOOD I SWEAR TRULY REVOLUTIONARY
Also, Motorola was the first one to add fingerprint scanners to their phones, kys you autistic shill

>literally a Xbox kinect in a tiny sensor package at the top of your phone
>goin

>implying that the Xbox Kinect was worth its existence
Autistic shill and also underage. Back to your containment board

>i can't handle apple constantly winning
>surely this will be the year they flop!

lol enjoy your face ID on your gs9 and claiming how it shits on apple's

That'll be the iPhone X 2019.

Android has had face unlock for years

yeah which is just the FFC looking at you and it's shit

samsung has iris scan which is like low level face id with the IR sensor

Yes, it badmouth, it always has been shit, and can be fooled with a photograph.

iPhone X Face ID is not even the same sport. It’s totally 3D, not a comparasion can be made.

If you’re looking at your phone, odds are your face is in front of the FaceID sensor.

Samsung iris scan can be fooled with a photograph.

It’s moronic.

media.ccc.de/v/biometrie-s8-iris-en

>Sup Forums does no research on face ID
>thinks its basic front facing camera stuff

meanwhile

>3 scanners
>maps your phone with 30000+points
>learns
>if it does not recognize you and you use your pin to unlock it saves that data and adds it to the mapping
>if the phone doesn't use this new data in 24 hours as reference for unlocking your phone it is deleted
>works in the dark
>works with beards and glasses

The only reason that stupid bar is there is to hold all the sensors necessary for actual 3D facial recognition. If Apple just bit the bullet and put the touchid sensor on the back of the phone instead of this facial shit, that's exactly what the X would look like.

I don't like Face ID or the idea of it, but what Apple is doing and what Android does are two different things. Android only uses a simple camera, it doesn't use depth sensing or IR blasters or anything like that. What Apple is doing here is actually more similair to Windows 10's Hello login feature. It uses IR blasters and proper 3D sensing so accurate it can distinguish between twins. A basic android face unlock in its current former couldn't do that.

All that said, facial recognition unlocks can still fuck off.

Fingerprint on the front is goat, fuck small bezels

>There i fixed it

Good, now make 30 million of those in 2 months.

to be fair getting a full high res blow up of an iris isn't some every day shit

>still less convenient and slower than touch id

Apple said themselves that twins can unlock it.

I don’t have a twin, so, fuck off.

>literally a Xbox kinect in a tiny sensor package at the top of your phone

You mean that useless shit that got dropped like a sack of turd because it isn't worth anything? What about it?

because no games

first one sold shitloads

>Microsoft has sold more than 10 million Kinect sensor systems since launch on 4 November, and - according to Guinness World Records - is the fastest-selling consumer electronics device on record.

The kinect technology was quite good.
Its the developers that sucked balls and didn't came with anything worthwhole.
The last generation was the WORST generation ever to try to make anything new in terms of hardware, given it was the most barren creativily generation ever.

The CCC also broke all versions of TouchID within days of release.

Nobody has any need for a phone newer than 3 years.

Need muh emojis though. No notch = no emojis.

Where?

Kinect is actually used by a lot of institutions and military for projects related to mocap. It's cheap and easy to develop for, not just Sup Forums material, user.

I suggest you send your CV along with that to jony ive immediately

>Implying he has any development skills beyond writing hello world in a few languages to determine the one that is the best

That would be Samsung’s way!

>advertising literal animated shit icons made for 14 year olds

fuck this gay earth

It’s easy to take a photo, but easy to copy the fingerprint with a special process.

Wow if Apple said something than it must be true

>ignoring that the iPhone X will auto-lockup after multiple false scans (i.e. people just taking a look at it) as proven by the on stage demo

Getting rid of Touch ID is so fucking stupid, I can't believe there are idiots actually waiting to buy this garbage.

This. It's fucking stupid.
Remember a few months ago how there were reports on how Apple is trying to figure out to put Touch ID directly into the display itself but they couldn't manage to figure out how?

theverge.com/2017/2/14/14615228/apple-fingerprint-reader-patent-touch-id-smartphone-screen

techradar.com/news/apple-has-reportedly-given-up-trying-to-put-touch-id-in-the-iphone-8-display

But they're still on it

appleinsider.com/articles/17/09/26/apple-patent-for-ultrasonic-force-sensor-could-lead-to-iphone-with-under-screen-touch-id

It's funny because Apple claims that Face ID was their first choice now and pretend like it's better than Touch ID, when actually it was just a workaround.

Only losers try to claim 'first' in the world of products. The only thing that matters is who's the best.

>remove headphone jack
>remove touchid
>still no sd slot
>1000+ bucks

Why do people by these turds again?

>innovating doesn't matter
Kay.

the phone just asks the NSA spies if they recognize the user

Because specs, looks, hardware-software intergration, updates, etc

>sd-card slot
lol just buy the 256gb version

>less convenient

No, the Touch ID has to be constantly wiped and cleaned. In summer its a pain because it always gets greased up too easily.

>slower than touch id

Its literally as fast as 1st Gen Touch ID, 2nd Gen is considerably faster but I don't mind 0.54 seconds vs 0.2. Do you?

How's it innovating if no one used or cared for the thing you made?

>innovation depends on popularity among pleb normies at my local Starbucks

I heard from a co-worker that safari literally doesn't support the concept of downloading things from the internet. Is this true?

I haven't tried anything but downloading images but that has worked

Its not an innovation unless it changes something in the way people do things, is it, retard?

the rumors conflict with other rumors and official statements on whether faceid was a workaround or not. it is possible that touchid was the fallback. either way faceid is better, and it's not like it's going anywhere, since the camera system involved has more uses than just faceid

>Motorola Atrix
They did it first, and it was shit.

post the full image!

kek

THIS... you just know iphone will be truly bezeless in a year or two

You would have to be a complete idiot to buy the iphone x IMHO

except ios can run for months or years without a reboot and samsung has a setting that reboots the phone every 24 hours because of bugs and memory leaks. "samsung experience" is like the windows 10 of android.

Why do you need to lie?

>except ios can run for months or years
>implying applebabies won't immediately throw their phone in the trash when a new one comes out in eleven months

>odds are
Except when the odds aren't, you can't unlock your phone without looking at it. You CAN do this with Touch ID.

Literally during the keynote