What is so hard about getting safe to drink tap water? Why do so many countries struggle with it...

What is so hard about getting safe to drink tap water? Why do so many countries struggle with it? The west figured this shit out decades ago

Other urls found in this thread:

worldmapswithout.nz/
voyagerinfo.com/2014/faroe-islands
travelmarket.co.uk/faroe-islands/c-fo/travelguide.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Water in Mexico usually has too much bleach, it's perfectly safe for people used to the local microbial fauna... I've drank tap water in Mexico City of all places for decades and never had an issue with clean taps in my home, you would all see the locals sick if the water was contaminated. Some people get sick drinking only bottled water, vector for transmission of pathogens is most usually the hand-mouth route, eg you're touching contaminated surfaces in public locations then touching your face/putting your hands in your mouth... I still wouldn't recommend Americans/Europeans not to take precautions but if you'll be staying for any extended period it will happen sooner or later...

>memtugal map
>Australia
Every time.

where did this meme about editing maps to make portugal worst in everything come from?

it came from australia

ah yes hello freshcunt

constant wars and political instability in most of the world
much of it caused by the countries with clean water

>avoid tap water in portugal, croatia, serbia, macedonia, hungary, ukraine, estonia, lithuania, latvia, the floridian peninsula

fucking what, did i miss something

what happens when you piss into a toilet without flushing? the bleach will mix with ammonia in your piss creating mustard gas

Where's NZ? Is this another meme?

Portugal is the meme, dunno about the others. Our water is great. On good days it's only yellow.

People in shitholes think being developed means everyone drives a Ferrari and has a laser sight on their AK47, when in actual fact it means having a high standard of public infrastructure.

What's up with Florida?

blah blah blah I have no problems with tap water this is a shit map blah blah blah etc etc
you know how it goes

I'm not sure I would call US tap water safe to drink. You wont die from it instantly.

From reality

>faroe
>fluorida
>poortugal
aussies arent even funny

It's safe
I think the issue is that Florida drinks groundwater and the aquifers can get salt water in them

This is true, but more of a testament to our healthcare. Our regime from the 30's to the 70's put a lot of people through basic school.

People born in the 20's and 30's didn't have this opportunity, but are still alive today. Mostly old ladies behind the hills.

Australians didn't make it, they ruined it

what are you some kind of meme historian

He's Finnish.

So, yes.

Okay, this one I don't get. Our usual problem would be cooling the houses down in the summer.

It does get chilly in the winter with the Atlantic winds, but again, lots of old people behind the hills that can't chop down wood for a fireplace anymore (the common thing in rural areas) or afford or even operate some sort of AC or something.

Most of these problems should die out in 10 or 20 years time.

It was some Estonian that got the meme going

Drinking from the faucet sounds dirty no matter where it's happening and how advanced the reservoirs are. I cringe when I see Americans drinking from an outdoor garden hose like a cow or something. There's no guarantee rust or moss hasn't accumulated.

And everyone here has access to safe drinking water, either through home filters or bottled water. So plain tap is kind of moot.

you'd think countries like italy/greece would be having almost no problem with Mediterranean winters at all

>Where's NZ? Is this another meme?
worldmapswithout.nz/

Faroe Islands not edited

Actually really weird they don't have safe tap water. Not sure why

are you not

>no new zealand
you did this on purpose, reeeeeee

it's rather your ignorance not knowing they have

voyagerinfo.com/2014/faroe-islands
travelmarket.co.uk/faroe-islands/c-fo/travelguide.htm

But that's the same thing. Their and our houses are built to endure summer, and warming up in the winter relies just on a simple fireplace (no special insulation on windows/doors needed), bust as people grow older they stop chopping wood in the older villages.

Look up "Aldeias de Xisto" for some extreme examples. That shit is great in the summer, but it doesn't fly in a Portuguese winter (which is weaksauce, not like a Canadian or Nordic one)

We have colder winters than they do because of the Atlantic.

We'll never forget you, Antipodes.

people die from the cold more often in hotter areas, precisely because they're not ready for it

of course it's usually the elderly like the other guy said

Yeah I'm so ignorant not knowing the tap water status of some irrelevant non-country island. I didn't edit it, I didn't even notice it til you pointed it out