SPECCY BREAD

What yall rockin

MacBook

How is it rippen all those threads

Finally upgraded my Sandy Bridge setup.

my niggas

filename

I just upgraded from a FX-8360. Still got that pc too. I shifted the 8350 with the m5a99fx to a different case. Honestly this 1700x performs the same as far as every day usage goes. I figured it would be like that. I'm good though. I needed a new pc anyways. I don't even care about benchmarks so not even going to waste time ocing or anything.

a non-windows machine without piriform botnet

Good job OP. You caught one. Can I skin him?

im probably going to upgrade my gpu if anything, its a 7970 but i feel like the cpu isnt really a bottleneck even if its not the most amazing one. plus the price for ddr4 ram is bs right now, and id probably end up getting 64gb anyway since its not a gaming pc anymore.

NOICE

How that coffee lake taste? The benchmarks coming out are pretty impressive.

No to bad, but you really should've gone for a B350 mobo. The 1400 is a great budget cpu but it really shines when you overclock it.

Please do so

Ram prices are crazy high right now. I just spent $100 for 8GB DDR4, 6 months ago you could get it for like $65-$70

You wouldn't think it'd be the case, but one of the games I'm most impressed with the performance uplift in is World of Warcraft. I got constant drops and stuttering in busy areas with the 2600K, even overclocked to 4.6GHz. Now the exact same places are buttery smooth. I don't know if it's the faster RAM or what, since it's not like WoW uses many threads.

I originally bought an ASCock Gaming K6 motherboard, but the onboard audio was complete shit and I got a screeching noise in my ear every time I moved my mouse cursor, as well as a constant low hissing and buzzing. Gigabyte's is perfect, even though their UEFI could use some work.

That's really odd you were getting stuttering in Wow with a 2600k. That game really isn't all that demanding, you'd think any i7 would be more then enough.
What gpu were you running in your older build, did you just upgrade to the 1080ti or did you have it paired with the i7?

WoW is actually pretty demanding these days, after several graphical overhauls and engine upgrades. Not on the GPU side of things, but definetly for the CPU with things like draw distance and LOD scaling maxed out, especially in the new areas. Suramar is particularly taxing. Of course, the main problem is that it puts almost all of its load on a single CPU thread. It wouldn't be taxing at all if they ever upgrade the engine to be properly multi-threaded, but I doubt that'll happen.

And yes, I had the 1080 Ti paired with the 2600K for a while. I was also using the fastest RAM that Sandy Bridge can handle (2133MHz DDR3) and a good motherboard (Maximus IV Extreme). Much more demanding games than WoW ran just fine, like The Witcher 3 at well over 100fps with vsync off. WoW's engine is just a clusterfuck at this point, with so much shit bolted onto an ancient framework.

looks gud - just finished this week. r8?

attaboiiiii!

I will get another dimm of ram and an nvme drive in a half a month or so aswell.

Single Channel ram isn't as bad as people say. I was rocking one stick for a while and I just upgraded the other day to 2 and honestly I don't notice a difference at all, at least in gaming. I'm sure theres some productivity stuff that would benefit from it.

Nigga get yo self a better monitor. With that thing your just wasting all the power a 1080ti has

why does this look different than everyone else's? It looks less smooth

He changed the theme and uses a fixed size font

7.5/10

temps are a bit high. I'm not sure the 1600 has the same issue as the 1700x+ but seems like the 1700x and above report about 20 degrees over their actual temperature.

ssd is too big for me. I think 250 is optimal. Whatever that drive cost could have been spent elsewhere (bigger hdd?). I need an optical drive.

I seen this threads countless times but what is the point?

This will probably last me a couple of years, might upgrade to 32gb ram in the future.

nice copy pasta spaghetto

Ya I copy and pasted my own shit

Who else is mini itx here?

post pics

that was after some light games - idle CPU sits around 30c, gpu 40c
after a sesh of pubg max temp was 55c for CPU and 80c for GPU, should I turn my graphics settings down a bit or is that fine? fans never kicked above 50%

Shitposting machine

Meh

Looking forward to getting an 8700K

Overclock your ram to 3000mhz

>2gb
How can you even manage?

How's that SanDisk working out for you? I was considering getting one but I'm holding out for a Samsung 960 Evo

Nice

Nice

Nice

Did you ever install the firmware fix for that 840 evo? (also 840 vanilla owners, latest firmware fixes slow-down.)

Get a second stick, especially with Ryzen. Just running one stick cuts your performance by 1 to 50 percent depending on the application. Also, overclock your ram to 3000mhz

Nice fossil

Pointers, build expansion path options. Is that 1 16gb dimm? If not, your ram isn't seated properly.

Sup NSA

HTPC? Nice

Nice laptop. Thought it was desktop for a moment.

What raid configuration is that?

Crossfire on an athlon? Neat. Those things can usually handle more ram then specified. I've got a thinkpad with a Turion II with 16gb.

Neat

Devil hertz

That's gonna be a while unless you pick up one of those delidded.

What does linux have that's like this?

screenfetch and grep

I am looking through the manpage and it mentions "Options" but I don't see options anywhere.

More ram or bigger ssd?

just got this yesterday, will upgrade the ram to 16gb once it arrives

Super pleased with it. Looking forward to seeing what Zen+ does.

are you finding yourself running out of ram? If so, I'd say get another 8gb.

everyone rocking 1080Ti and they say gee is full of poorfags. makes you think.

i5 running at 4.5, 1080 is overkill for tf2 and overwatch plus some emulators

also waiting until zen+ to upgrade, although the 8600K and 8700K are pretty tempting

Someone turn on the heat. I'm freezin' in here.

Nothing to complain other than not being able to boot DX11 games and the harddrive being a tad slow.

Would you guys pay $100 Canadabucks for a like-new Dell tower with i5-3330, 8 gb ram, wifi card, gt 620, 1 tb hdd? I think it's a pretty good deal

>all these helpless zombies using 10 when 7 isn't even broken
the fuck is wrong with you

1070ti on laptops wen?

It's a Corsair Vengeance LPX ram with a xmp profile of 2666mhz, not sure how well it would clock to 3ghz, probably not too well

No need to upgrade anytime soon

Get faster ram for this rig, at least 3200 MHz. Did some benchmarks at various ram clocks and it makes quite a difference.

Just werks™

>stuck living in the past

>fell for the 256 GB ram meme

>not having two overclocked pascal titan x

>buying Broadwell-E
>buying MSI motherboards