How do the people of Britain see Australians today?

How do the people of Britain see Australians today?

Do they see them as bunch of sons or daughters of criminal ancestors? Do the Brits still look down on them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convicts_in_Australia
youtube.com/watch?v=y83l9TNgQS8
youtube.com/watch?v=BHI5vQ05GMs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Act
convictrecords.com.au/crimes
convictrecords.com.au/crimes/stealing-a-hair-brush
convictrecords.com.au/crimes/stealing-trousers
convictrecords.com.au/crimes/stealing-a-cap
convictrecords.com.au/crimes/stealing-a-handkerchief
convictrecords.com.au/crimes/rape
sbs.com.au/news/map/where-australias-immigrants-were-born
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada–New_Zealand_relations
youtube.com/watch?v=x6QZn9xiuOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, I think people in Britain are generally fond of Australians.

They're probably the former British territory with the most similar culture to our own.

No. We love them so much most of our youth flocks to Australia for better opportunities.

:DDDDD i love brits

Did you you actually learn what Aussies did to abbos or why did they deport from the Britain at school?

Australia chiming in:

> learn what Aussies did to abbos
Bear in mind that a lot of the atrocities were in the early to mid 1800s, and a lot of perpetrators were British migrants who subsequently settled Australia. Nonetheless, we learnt it as part of mandatory history.

>why did they deport from the Britain at school?
Very small amount of Australia's population has convict roots. The vast majority came in search of a better life.

My turn: how much did you learn about the Bataan Death March, Unit 731, execution of POWs without trial, Nanking, the Okinawa suicides etc...?

Not all settlers in Australia were deported criminals. Many of them were free men who thought they'd find a better life there.

And as for the abos, I don't think anybody actually cares about injustices committed against them because it was so long ago.

It's not like we like you cunts too or anything... B-baka!!!

>it's an "Aussie can dish it out but he can't take it" episode

He's just having a bit of fun with you Bruce, don't get worked up over it.

+ NZ
South Africa got tainted by the blacks and the Canadians by the French/Americans

No I'm actually curious to hear it from him directly rather than some bleeding heart newspaper article.

Simmer down and stop trying to start fights, no need to get all Irish about it.

Literally no one gives a shit about abbos.

Yeah but New Zealand have pretty much stolen Lord of the Rings from us so we don't like them any more.

Abos weren't harmed. They were corrected

I love how they complain about the injustice of being provided education, opportunities and a better life then celebrate their liberation to go back to sniffing petrol.

>a lot of perpetrators were British migrants who subsequently settled Australia.

It was in 1787 when banishing to a penal colony, which is Australia. next year the number was about 1500. Perth in 1829, then Adelaide in 1836. 16 millions in total were sent by the end of banishment until 1868

>Bataan Death March / who cares
>Unit 731 / learned as mandatory
>execution of POWs without trial /who cares
>Nanking, it is absolutely bullshit
> the Okinawa suicides / The US army were savage enough people had to do that becue the US soldiers throwing grenades and burning cilvilians incluing women and children alive

Literally none of us care about LoTR, it's only Yanks and Redditors

Am I complaining? where? Are you illiterate?

>16 millions in total were sent by the end of banishment until 1868.
... we were a nation of 5 million in 1914. Are you illiterate or just revisionist with other country's history too?

>Japanese version of history, esp okinawa and nanking
Maximum nippon keks

so when you die? huh?

>trying to create a banter thread between two countries that like each other
>it just becomes a love-fest

*giggles*
Better luck next time nip

said a son of criminal ancestor or a ching chong pong full redpilled commie immigrant from commie china

Anyway a land of combination of criminals is top kek for the earth

Redditors are yanks

>tfw you will never be as tsundere as Nip-kun

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convicts_in_Australia

Between 1788 and 1868, approximately 162,000 convicts were transported to the various Australian penal colonies by the British government.[1]

>whinging poms

can't stand australian ngl

Are you mentally retarded? Just shut the fuck up already

Your lie is now dismissed.

You are reported.

youtube.com/watch?v=y83l9TNgQS8

>Average Australian girls

When looking at Australia's convict past its important to remember that the UK at time had just introduced legislation that had the death penatly for over 50 new offences (including wearing black face paint) many of the people sent here were effectively political prisoners in a way.

Also fun fact when the colony started getting prosperous people started committing certain crimes to get a free ticket here. When a woman proudly said this to a judge he gave her the maximum penalty instead and had her sentenced to death.

In general though the Aboriginals here are like a more primitive version of the Ainu

Sorry, ausbros, this person is a zainichi Korean

>When a woman proudly said this to a judge he gave her the maximum penalty instead and had her sentenced to death.
what a cunt

Australia is the only country that gets it
Canada has been corrupted by America soon Australia will be too
sad sad

youtube.com/watch?v=BHI5vQ05GMs

> many of the people sent here were effectively political prisoners in a way.

I want you to request to show me relative and convincing records which can be a breakdown of criminals sorted and identified by them historically or technically to back up your claim.

>only

Why are we separate countries again?

Yous don't know how to do meat pies and sasuage rolls. You create all these fancy ones and don't even put tomato sauce on them

Well firstly start with this page en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Act

Then go here convictrecords.com.au/crimes

and look at some of the things people were sent here for

convictrecords.com.au/crimes/stealing-a-hair-brush

convictrecords.com.au/crimes/stealing-trousers

convictrecords.com.au/crimes/stealing-a-cap

Now notice that more people were sent here for stealing a handkerchief than for rape

convictrecords.com.au/crimes/stealing-a-handkerchief

convictrecords.com.au/crimes/rape

This was a very harsh time in the UK

>No Zealand

>tomato sauce on a sasuage roll
fucking hell you don't really do that do ya?

yeah mate
after all you're just our most independant state.

Tomato sauce on meat pies and sausage rolls is a bad meme.

He isn't interested in facts m8

Thank you veryvery much for this.
I learned a lot in a short time of reading.
It seemed a harsh time for the people of the UK
to live in at that time.
It also quite interested in me that one of them sent for stealing a piece of bacon as well as most of them had saved their lives instead of death penalty. Today, some of them seem claiming that it is a pride for them to be Australian as being a descendant from criminal ancestors.
People should know more about this facts with historical background and stop generalizing them. peace out

y-yeah I never liked you guys anyways

Pretty much 5% of Australia is England anyways, we go together well
sbs.com.au/news/map/where-australias-immigrants-were-born

>nip
>lecturing aussies about human rights violations in the past

dont forget that while koreans and chinks are human aboriginals are not.
it's not a human rights violation if they're the missing link! it's animal abuse.

>country

>new zealand is a country

top meme

No worries, Australia has a suprisingly interesting history.

>It seemed a harsh time for the people of the UK

It was a time of create inequality and change with society having to adapt to deal with industrialisation. Thats one of the benefits Japan had from industrialising later on they could use the knowledge gained from painful experience in Europe and avoid having to deal with such horrors.

> Today, some of them seem claiming that it is a pride for them to be Australian as being a descendant from criminal ancestors.

Well part of it is the glorification of poor culture like you see in the US the other part is the fact that our government teaches us that it is shameful to have pride in our history unless its for our soldiers in WWI and WWII.

Ill never forget about you NZ no matter what they say AUS and NZ will always be greatest allies.

What even are you?

>Forgotten and cast aside

We should be natural allies 2bh

> be Suomi
> He has not yet knew who solved Landskapet Åland

You might as well who should be the ones to solve disputed islands which are rightfully belonged to us.

I think maybe a few decades ago there was barely any difference, I think there was a bit of drifting apart but now we can fly/internet/travel there is a bit more of re connection. I think most white and non-super poor Brits will have family/friends who live in Australia, I know a few from school and my Grans sister/husband. Like 5 per cent of Australians were born here. Also back in the day when Australia wasn't really independent most of its population was British and even in the 1950-60's a very large portion of the new migrants were Brits.

Honestly its strange sometimes that Aus/UK/Nz aren't just the same country because it feels like that would work. Especially now international travel works.

I don't know what it is about Canada though because I feel no more relationship with Canada than I would to Americans, you are part of the commonwealth but you seem another level detached from the Aus/NZ'ers.

Yeah we know about the UK's indifference towards us but we're stupid and you'll see the Union jack everywhere. I don't think we have much in common.

Bloody Australians, coming over here and taking our presenting jobs!

UK didn't want to be attached to Australia your pollies of yesteryear thought europe was more trendy
its a pity as well because most people over 40 are anti UK now so it wont happen

I think its a combination of having French influence, being too cold to want to move to and having the U.S. below you. A country that is best friends with Canada or the most influence on Canada is probably the U.S. with AU/NZ you can make a better argument that we are the closest to them.

This is probably true and as we know the young people here still really like Europe so that reality is unlikely to change. If there is any change it will be from our governments cooperating so when the international focus likely begins to fully swing into the Pacific we might be able to up the friendship levels.

This conversation really makes me think.

I think around 75% of Australians have no convict ancestry

Our French speakers are segregated and stay in their province, most of them won't admit it but it's hilarious that a lot of them are spawned by British soldiers because when the filles du roi(French whores expelled too the new world, like Frances version of British criminals being sent to Australia) came over they basically fucked your soldiers and the natives and that spawned a massive population boom for Quebecois. UK has a history of supporting the USA over us so it feels bitter and Canada has poor relations with Australia because we've ripped them off a lot. NZ should be our best ally in the commonwealth.

>Who Zealand

I think we've become more Americanised than NZ which is a shame.

You can say it today's Australia but it was true that Australians have convict ancestry occupied 70% of total population around 1830.

Yeah that's the rough estimation I read too.

>always telling people on Sup Forums that the vast majority of Aussies don't have convicts ancestry
>inform them that only around 25% of Australians do
>do family tree
>find out my ancestors on my mum's side were Irish convicts
FUCK

>probably
bro i grew up on the canada border and i have a hard time considering them a different country

then economically we're about 60% of their import/export

>Honestly its strange sometimes that Aus/UK/Nz aren't just the same country because it feels like that would work.

It was basically free-travel between Aus/UK/Nz up until I think around the early to mid-90s, after that the UK didn't want us and went wholesale on shitskin imports instead.
Lot of young NZ-Aussies used to do a couple of years work in the UK and vis-versa

Now, its Aus-NZ-Canada that has the free-travel* still. Known a few fellas that used to work in the Canadian ski resorts during the winter months, few that did working road trips around NZ.

>*there are some conditions on age/skillset etc

especially cause i live in the south now and i can say 100% canada has more in common with the north us than the north us has with the south us

Why didn't the aussies annex NZ?

Minnesota?

that was a long time ago

personally I have one ancestor who was a convict, sent for stealing food. He became a cobbler and opened 2 shoe shops here, before going mad and dying of syphilis in a mental hospital. I like my convict ancestry it's very interesting.

Undisputed Tennis Champions of the World.

Let me put it in a way you might understand: student outgrow master.

this, canada just feels like MN or another part of the upper midwest

toronto especially

nw pennsylvania, then michigan

That could all change again after Brexit. Australia and NZ have already contacted the UK about free trade agreements, don't see why travelling arrangements shouldn't change too.

It'd be like inheriting a fairly stoned left wing population we don't really need as we've got our own home grown shitheads for that

>dying of syphilis
This actually caused mass slaughter of abbos too.

At some level I'm happy the UK is finally waking up from the globalisation heroin noddy dream its been in for the last 20 years.

But it'll mean my in-laws over there might visit more often, or expect us to do it a lot more...

so could they be said to be roughly your equivalent of canadians?
a nearby low-tier relevancy at best leftist country?

yeah, not all of the abo deaths were intentional, disease took a lot of them.

I can see the comparison between Southern Ontario and your upper north west but not all of Canada. The East coasts really different. The North is Greenland tier crazy Inuit moonrunes, polar bears and depression. Quebec and the Maritimes are like totally different countries that where I'm from in Southern Ontario. I've never gone west though.

Canada and NZ are better than The USA and Australia though.

>doesn't exist

There must be so many Kiwis/Aussies and Brits with immediate family in each others countries. There's so many Brits over here, and I think there's even more in Aus.

We'll never win this fight leaf brother. They're too powerful.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada–New_Zealand_relations

We still have better relations than they do.

youtube.com/watch?v=x6QZn9xiuOE

It'd be sort of like inheriting Quebec or something, you know- they're nearly normal, almost the same looking.. but they speak funny and have some odd predilections
Oh and like Canada- no military

Then we'd get all your awful dole bludgers/terrorists/chavs/scum of society coming to bludge off us.

OOOO CAAANAAADDAAA

I honestly don't think anyone below middle-class has an interest in going to Australia honestly. Being able to move around doesn't favour our poor.

shit version of new zealened

Despite what some people see as an over Americanisation of Australia most people still have a far better opinion of the UK than the U.S. and have for quite some time. Our schools still teach British english for the most part, we're still in the Commonwealth, we still get 24/7 news coverage whenever something involving the royal family happens/if they come to visit, over 5% of our population were born in the U.K. etc. etc.
Our reliance on the U.S. is one of necessity rather than choice, has been since the beginning in WWII. Obviously there's been some degradation in culture as the world becomes smaller but we're still much closer to England than the U.S.

From my own personal experiences I'd say the feeling is pretty much mutual with a bit of banter thrown in 2bh

Aussies of Sup Forums

How do I fuck Cate Blanchett ?
She's married but looking at her husbad I think i have my chances