Do English longbows trigger the French?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=16eDIi2MWnU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>winning really hard
>suddenly lose to a PEASANT lmao

how do you come back from this, Brits?

welsh

The war became too expensive for the english and they had a rebellion of their lords causing a civil war

triggers me when you call it english and not welsh

man I just curl up and pray for a 17 year old virgin farmer girl to come and lead me to victory

Not really. If anything the English are the only ones obsessed with it, elevating it to the level of the katana. In fact, the biggest "longbow" victories could barely be attributed to the longbow and were due to either some other factor or due to incompetence in French leadership (which tends to happen when your king is literally insane, a factor the English tend to downplay).

For example, Agincourt was famous for how many French knights were captured. I don't know about you, but I don't really think capturing dead knights is a good idea. They mostly captured knights who SURVIVED contact with the longbow.

As for Crecy, the longbow mostly bested the Genoese crossbowmen. Who didn't have their pavises (large, deployable shields that protect them against enemy arrows). Because the French rushed them into battle without preparation.

The longbow, like many other things, is part of England's permanent inferiority complex and the belief that the French are still gritting their teeth at them in rage. Why else would the English keep prattling on about their most humiliating defeat nearly half a millennium later?

crossobow > any archer in middle east

whitout it moors would have never won anything in iberia or scicily

it takes a strong man with years of practice to use a bow, to produce a bow you need to use a specifiic tree, whole at that

meanwhile crossbows could be used by kids and were cheap as fuck

the genoese crossbow were big machines that had more energy than the longbow, it was used by elite mercenaries, not a peasant weapon

>cheap as fuck
Not really. A crossbow is pretty complex and needed a lot of moving parts. Also, while any peasant could use a crossbows, they were mostly used by militias and trained professionals.

Well kids had crossbow made for them, and same with firearms too!

Not really since we won the war in the end.

crossbows took too long to reload
that's the end of it

why are anglos so obsessed with the frogs?

you can have a lot of them primed and ready to fire

can't do this with bows

the pole quit right, using crossbow was way easier.
>so effective it get banned by pope

pic related.
England also banned them from their servers, they were too op, need nerf.

But a bit slow and mid range.
so better used to counter cavalry or in siege, not pur infantry melee.

How can english be proud of this, whereas the undred years war was mostly a french civil war ?
English kings were french, most of their commanders were french, most of their army was made of Aquitains, Gascons and Normands, plus the Burgundians who betrayed the royal family (ex. the assassination of Louis d'Orléans)...
The french kings were facing betrayal, the Free companies who were mercenaries ravaging the country, the Jacquerie and other peasant revolts, Charles VI the mad king who fought against ghost in the woods, parisian bourgeoisie backing the english and burgundians... it's honestly a shame they didn't defeat us desu, and most of all, that a peasant girl defeated them.

A fully functional crossbow requires 2 (two) moving parts. (not counting the bolt, the string and the prods)
A rotating catch and a lever type trigger to block/release it.

Also, fun fact: you need a license to own a crossbow in Poland. But since there are no rules on how such a license is issued, crossbows are pretty much banned here.

>mfw an archer cuck was near to me
youtube.com/watch?v=16eDIi2MWnU

truly a coward weapon

the english monarchy was not like the french
the lords, norman supplants, had more freedom on their lands, as long as the lords paid taxes the war went on but if they decided that the crown was draining their coffers they rebelled
it happened before during rebellion of the northern barons and the law was based on a pre-norman law
english conquests were always a two front war, to win on land in france and to make sure the home lords paid taxes

English

>tfw we would have won if henry v didn't die of the shits