/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY: In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!
IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner

Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
Twitter: twitter.com/Team_NetRunner
Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner

>WORK PLAN
Look at the features list and implement them, ask what is currently being worked on if you don't know.
FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15000253
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for vim bindings

When is the anime girl going to be removed?

Is there going to be SVG support?

I wonder if they will embed in the frame the use of external applications like for using media players, can make SVG happen too.

Odili is busy with his day job that's why he haven't posted recently.

You should wait until the Servo engine is somewhat ready and contribute to it. Then you could write a nice browser around it.

But can it work in the framebuffer?

if (key == GLFW_KEY_HOME && (action == GLFW_RELEASE || action == GLFW_REPEAT)) {
std::cout

Can netrunner? Like , without xorg?

ABSOLUTE STATE OF SEPPLES

Hey dudes I'd love to get involved. I'm decent at C and have been learning the basics of systems programming lately (threads, processes, systemcalls, etc.). Think I'd be able to help or am I too basic?

Get in the IRC.

Kek. Whats the point of using C that's you're gonna do with it?

I'm the retard who keeps rejoining the channel as Huey. I can't see my messages or anyone else's

hue hue hue

I can see you connected. What client are you using?

I was using my browser but I'm going to try irssi now. I've never used IRC before.

Is probably some addon not letting see the because of javascript. Try hexchat if you are new. Also there is a discord.

I got it working now, I guess the Americans are asleep and it's a slow channel?

Nigga, you sure are new to IRC. It can take time to get an answer, better send a private message to odili so the next time you see his answer, if by any chance you disconnect.

That or you get a bouncer.

Just a reminder to check this awesome thread on HN news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15000253

I found fascinating the first comment, described a lot of security tips we talked here a few months ago.

>written in C++
kek. netrunner devs can't into C

This. Have fun converting it to C. Its a whole different style of programming

I'd love to collaborate but I don't want my cv tainted by a project with a racist logo, sorry.

By any chance are you the legendary chrome shill?

There are ways around that. So I confirm.

No I hate chrome

I'll be honest, initially I thought this was a joke but it seems you all are serious.

Couple questions, why is OpenGL being used as it's seemingly being phased out by major vendors in favor of DirectX/Metal/Vulkan.

Why not use a better engine?

Is the website purposefully shitty, would you consider a different design if one was submitted?

Similar question to the logo design, would you consider changing it if a better one showed up?

I can't offer much in the way of programming(at least at the level that would be required) but I have decades of design experience.

I notice the different sizes and names in the screenshot. It will be rare you made it on purpose, no way that first picture is intentionally small. Sorry.

are you autistic or something?

>Couple questions, why is OpenGL being used as it's seemingly being phased out by major vendors in favor of DirectX/Metal/Vulkan.
Portability.
>Why not use a better engine?
None fit the bill, not even NetSurf.
>Is the website purposefully shitty, would you consider a different design if one was submitted?
Everybody had a different opinion, nobody won and had to conform. What you see is the result. Our buddy Retro is in charge of the website and welcomes anybody.
>Similar question to the logo design, would you consider changing it if a better one showed up?
We have a thread on /gd/, so yes.

FAQ is for this though.

this project is pure trash

no u

oh boy i can't wait until retards actually start using this and get hacked into oblivion

Don't be so sure, webkit lover.

nobody on Sup Forums will be able to write a secure web browser, ever
it's way too complex and too much that can go wrong

k, bye

hello sammy

What the fuck is this browser lmao

I miss the old retro website ;_;

hacked

you know that film, 'they live'? That's what google looks like without the filters.

you_cant_handle_the_truth.tiff

keep up the good work guys

bump

It's links -g with an animu girl in the corner.
Truly a revolutionary browser.

My man, that film is underrated.