Job fair

A friend of mine achieved a degree in computer science, he's taken a "break" since earning the degree. And he's moved back in with parents around the charlotte area to find a job there. I just sent him a message telling him he needs to find a job bc at this point he's just being lazy. Any anons work in chartlotte looking for people like him?

I'll link him this thread, so he can get his ass in gear.

Other urls found in this thread:

redventures.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, it's been a 8 month long break, he's a decent guy and pretty smart too. But I need to light a fire under his ass because he won't do it himself and I don't want to see this guy fail.

Does he look cute in a dress?
I need someone to suck on my dick when I take breaks.

What's his speciality?

What are you, his wife? Fuck off and stop pestering your friend.

No just a friend that's trying to help a friend out.

I guess non of you work in charlotte?

Sorry it was software engineering.

No he's a short kike looking neet, but he's smart as fug

M8 I live in the CLT area. If he can't find work on his own he's fucked because he's lazy. Plenty of jobs with the school district, county and even surrounding cities.

Is he a white male?

Yes

I'm sorry, user. His kind isn't allowed anymore.

That's what I'm saying, I'm trying to get a fire under his ass, I know there's plenty of work there, but he probably doesn't know where to start because he hasn't been there for 6 years, and he's also timid. I'm just trying to push the kid the right direction because he would be a great asset to any company.

The company I met him at offered him 80k year Salary and he turned it down because he wanted to work in Charlotte.

Major corps are fucking bowing to the Jew now huh? Fucked ip man. This kid is super smart. And could be a benefactor for almost anyone he decides to work for.

literally unemployable.

IBM Microsoft both have offices there. Doesnt know where to start sounds more like doesn't want to. If he dont get to grinding the pajeets are going to keep winning jobs over him.

I know he doesn't want to but he needs to but he probably doesn't know where to start. I just sent him the thread link. I just hate to see friends fail, and I want him to succeed.

> 8 month long break

Why are you pressuring him so much, let him enjoy his neetdom he won't ever get this chance again.

My 14 months as a neet were perfect until the suicidal thoughts kicked in.

Tell him to get his degree. Even if you just scrape by the piece of paper matters. Don't take a fucking "break" you'll never return or do shit when you come back. If you get a job you'll never find the time to go back.

Get it down now, especially if you have only a year or two left.

He also needs to,check surrounding counties and school systems. Those are usually easiest jobs to get and pretty secure unless you fuck up big,

You should stop talking to him. Having "friends" that aren't professional contacts is useless.

this

when you dedicate the first 22 years of your life to the "obligated" shit like school, finishing college is a perfect moment where you can actually take the time to find yourself rather than just hop right into a job and get consumed by something else fresh out of college.

He has the degree he just doesn't want to work and is using "I wanna work in Charlotte" as an excuse.

I've been there. He could easily get a job with a little effort but right after doing a degree you don't wanna do shit. Especially if you don't have a job lined up right away.

Tell him to get something soon then, or do something productive or something he can explain during the gap. Employers will question the gaps in time between his graduation.

That's true

>Employers will question the gaps in time between his graduation.

I've learned gaps don't matter that much especially ones right after graduation. Even with a year long gap he can get work easily. He literally just has to look for a job. I can tell his friend is not even looking.

and productive doesn't necessarily mean job related (thought that'd be good), it could even be he traveled, took time to see family etc. Just don't say you did nothing and played games.

You're likely right, but if it were me, getting job would be my priority out the gate. Having money and benefits is nice.

No I worked with in Charleston and after he got degreed wanted to move back in with his parents and find work in Charlotte, I was honesty just looking for any connections.

>A "friend" is looking for a job anyone wanna hire him asking for a friend
Fuck off i'm not hiring your neet ass if you cannot even ask directly on an anonymous image board

It is a friend of mine you tard, I'm in Charleston, he's near Charlotte. I was just seeing if anyone knew of anyone that were seeking his skills. I'm trying to help him out. I've been "stuck" before and I'm trying to save him from that.

Why does he need to be home? Are his parents sick? I don't know how he can stand living with his parents after what I'm guessing was 4 years of complete freedom. Turning down 80k to go live at home is just insane to me.

Tell him to go to tech meetups, even for stuff stuff he's just interested in. Networking sucks but there's always recruiters there. The kubernetes one we hosted at our office literally started with a recruiter saying they're hiring and to speak with them.

No I don't think his parents are sick

lol suck his dick already

I linked him this thread so hopefully he'll read the advise all of you have given. He turned down the job because charkeston wasn't big enough for him or some shit, and I actually encouraged him to find work in Charlotte, somewhere he could potentially earn more.

Beyond literally dragging him to an interview I'd say there is little he can do if the guy doesn't want it himself.

Same thing happened to me after college, I was actively not seeking work though, just being a fucking bum. It was only after one particularly shitty week at home I told myself fuck this I cannot live here any more and found a job 6 hours away in another city. Best decision I ever made.

What have you contributed? Fuck off

I'm literally trying to shame him into finding the motivation to get working.

Yep. If he's not willing to help himself his degree is gonna lose its worth.

Considering he has a CS degree he needs to get on it already. I had an IT degree, bunch of side projects and decently competent out of college. Couldn't get jack shit until I got an internal recommendation from a friend. He'll probably have little issue getting a job, need to get to it. He doesn't realize how easy it is for him with a CS degree.

Send him application links and a good recommendation letter, if you really believe in him as much as you say you do. Short of that you really can't do anything. He's going to do what he wants to.

Will a degree like that lose it's worth? If so he needs to ducking get on it before it's too late.

Well that's kinda what I came here for, I don't know shit about Charlotte and who works there. I'm a poltard just trying to help a friend out.

Somewhat, depends if he didn't do anything with his degree after or not and how long the gap was after graduation.

have you ever considered his definition of success is different? have you ever fucking considered that he got the degree but doesnt want to fucking work in any kind of tech related industry

Go fuck yourself. You dont care about him. You know 100% this is for you.

Shame isn't a particularly strong motivator. For me, annoyance worked much more which is why I'm pretty shocked he can stand living with his parents this long. I love them, but I could never live in their house again for long periods of time.

What really got me was that I was beginning to think I'd be trapped or "stuck" there, and if I got a job in my home city I figured I'd probably live at home to save money for another year and that really made me search out of town for one.

t. illiterate retard

What's funny is I've actually asked him what he thought the definition of success was.

His answer was somewhat along the lines of owning a house in the woods with a lot of land.

I agree, maybe shame wasn't the right word to use, but I see myself as a influencing motivator in his eyes. And I'm just trying for once to better someone's life other than my own.

>I love them, but I could never live in their house again for long periods of time.
This was a big motivator for me too. I lived with my grandma the entire time I went to university and I love my grandma. It was a hell of a better than living with my parents but there's no way I'd go back.

It gets on your nerves living with them and makes you irritable after a period. Getting a job, my own money, benefits, and most of all my own place was awesome. Made my life and sanity go through the roof, having your own privacy and just in general being able to do what you want is great.

That's a pretty good definition of success if you ask me.

That was his when I asked him, but maybe I should fucking remind him.

That's not a bad definition. Though you have to make good money to be able to afford that and not have to work as long to enjoy it.

>For me, annoyance worked much more which is why I'm pretty shocked he can stand living with his parents this long. I love them, but I could never live in their house again for long periods of time.

This, OP. Tell his parents to start threatening to kick him out, or to impose stricter rules, or something like that. When they told me to get any kind of job (they suggested McWalmart if I really couldn't find a tech job) or they would kick me out is when I started actually trying to find a job.

t. also happened to me after graduating college

It was the opposite for me, my parents started treating me like this situation was perfectly fine and normal but also started to treat me like I was 15 again constantly questioning and asking me shit or asking me to do shit for them. Like they guys said it gets on your goddamn nerves and you either become a cunt or have to escape.

This happened to 2 of my brothers. Parents threatened to kick them out after a week of being unemployed. They were told to have a job by Sunday and so they did.

I don't know his parents, but he just said he gets it, and if he doesn't have a job within x time he has to drive to my house and I'm going to slap the shit out of him.

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm pretty sure he gets it now. But feel free to keep going.

There's a job fair in Raleigh in 6 days. Lots of tech companies will be there apparently. I'm sure not all jobs will be in that area but that's where they are holding the event.

If you work you lose

Like the others said, when your parents say you have to get a job or get out it's kind of a big motivator.

When I dropped out of the master's (I sucked at it and hated it), my parents were pissed. They wanted me to get a job asap. Anything, or within a few months they kicked me out. I found something in a month or so thankfully.

you're like the best friend evAr!

He's so lazy someone else needs to find him a job? Just the sort of person I would like to hire!

How do I get a job without a degree
Do I have to get certs?
It's hard enough just getting a mcjob though

You can get a job without a degree you degenerate, just gotta know the right people.

Like I know anybody

I was just more so motivating him. That's all. And I think it worked. We'll see.

What can you do user?

>hey, do you want to hire my lazy friend?
"no"
Kill yourself

This.

Wait until the unversal income check and live the neet life meanwhile.

Adding fuel to the fire, and you make sure to not be lazy by actually spelling out a well known abbreviation for "kill yourself" . Who are you user?

I can live the neet life until my mother dies within the year, go homeless, die of starvation.
I can program too

That check won't come bud, you'll realize that one day.

What city do you live in? I have some ties, if you want a job I can probably get you one if you can show them your worth.

albany oregon

>unemployement rates for young white males skyrocketing all over europe and usa
>the check won't come

You either feed the neets or they'll come up in arms, your choice.

You need to move

yeah, I'll just take the thousands of dollars I have and, oh wait

Where's that link?

Well let's start at the beginning, what do you have?

about $100, a bike, and a laptop

Ok , ride that bike to Starbucks, put that $100 into crypto and day trade, learn the fluctuations of crypto..turn into $200

>Also, it's been a 8 month long break
He's fucked unless his github shows 8 months of activity. Tell your friend to pursue a master's

okay /biz/

Really? That's sucks for him, what's your profession?

I had the same thing happen and now I'm working on another BS.

Fuck, so the tech industry changes so often that if you even take a subtle break between your degree and a job you're out of the loop that fast? That's insane.

It's not. Even with a full year gap you could find a job. You just have to look or be willing to move. Even move state. But that's the same for any profession.

Tech just loves to act as if it's the most competitive and there are only five companies to work for and one state to work in.

It's not that, it's that employment gaps are a "red flag" for any number of issues to employers. Usually they assume it's because you're too lazy to get a job or haven't got one because you got interviews with other companies but were too incompetent or obnoxious to pass.

8 months isn't that bad, but the ship for good offers has sailed at that point. I did a whole 14 months of NEETdom after graduating college, and still got a job with no experience or portfolio.

Why would anyone want to live in the Charlotte area? I live nearby only because the jobs are here.

Because his family is in Charlotte and there's jobs here. This was already explained if you bothered to read the posts.

Red ventures is always hiring.

the only thing that will light a fire under his ass is the threat of homelessness or poverty. if he's at home all comfy and shit, nothing is going to motivate him

Who dat an wat dey do?

Its a sales company. They're always advertising that they're hiring in CLT Fort Mill areas.

redventures.com/
That's their site.

You think someone that's got a degree in SE is gonna take a low paying job in sales?

No, and I'm not the same,person that suggested it, I just let the dude who was asking know what it was.

Actually now that I look at it, that looks like fun, let me join on in.

I'm in the same situation except I don't have friends. Every job I see posted where I live is webdev or applications development with java/C#. I hate it.

Seems like you have a thing for this friend. I smell femanon/gay