Should I upgrade my Skylake i7 to a Coffee Lake i5 or i7?

Should I upgrade my Skylake i7 to a Coffee Lake i5 or i7?

No just keep your current set up. Kabby lake is still great theres no point in wasting the money.

Nah, wait for Ice Lake.

Skylake is the last generation to not have DRM crap in it. Keep it.

Ya but isn’t Kabul Lake actually shit tho?

>Skylake v3, moar coars edition
Nah, no reason to upgrade. Wait for Ice Lake / Zen2.

there's almost no single thread performance improvement, and if you wanted better multicore performance ryzen would be a better choice, so no,

>CPU is codenamed Ice Lake
>melts

Should I upgrade my 4790k from my gayming years?

Lmao do people seriously consider things like this? Throwing money in the trash for and going through all the trouble of switching to a new pc, just so that they can get the latest release of their favorite company? Tell me this is bait. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to notice any difference from one build to the other unless you have stats on screen. Do you masturbate watching the fps counter or something? Like "ohh it went from 145fps to 158! Ohhh so good". C'mon, goy.
I got a ryzen build and I'm not upgrading till 2024 at least.

>spending ~500 dollarydoos on a 1% performance improvement
You can send me your money if you no longer want it OP.

Are you dissatisfied with your CPU's performance? If not, don't get a different one for the time being.

Not up on this kind of stuff, but I just checked. I have an i5-4670. Seems to work well. Rate me, Sup Forums.

Do explain, what DRM are you talking about?

Gay frogs.

do you 'ave for me the massage?

>buying intel

If you have to ask whether you need an i5 or an i7, you probably only need an i3 or a celery

/thread in first post gw Sup Forums

>ryzen
>better MT
Nigga every intel core 1 to 1 with a ryzen core is faster, And now Intel has more cores, where every core is faster and running at higher MHz. Youre a fucktarded shill and i hope youre permabanned for trying to scam some one,

On a scale of 1 to 10 how mad are you fucko?

Upgrading Intel generations that are not at least 5 gens behind is generally a waste of money but you can do it if you have disposable cash that you don't mind burning.

e.g. even a Sandy Bridge i7 overclocked to 4.5GHz is nowadays enough for most regular PC gaming but you could upgrade to 6cores or more for the power efficiency as well.

no

Zen 2

wut
you can oc non k intel cpus?

no
wait until intel put hyper threading back again in i5

are you a moron?

turbo boost. it depends on the motherboard, usually on z chipsets