What happens here?

what happens here?

Other urls found in this thread:

tema.ru/travel/spitsbergen/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Dolphin_Prison
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They blew up the biggest Atomic bomb ever there

wasn't this the last bit of land ever discovered on earth?

As I know it is abandonded because of radiation

I've heard there are still Nenets/Samoyed nomads living there.

that would be highly implausible

Nukes
Military base

Islamic Communism

about 100 nomads, also the radiation levels aren't worse than other places in Russia, because most nuclear tests happened high in the atmosphere, and the radioactive particles got swept away with the prevailing eastern wind

So Kurd worker party has their HQ there?

Nothing. A mental Norwegian lives on a nearby island in the abandoned town.

Elaborate.

Can I come too?

He's a German, not Norwegian. My bad. In the Russian part of Spitsbergen. Not very close but it's all "up North" to me. t. Burger

tema.ru/travel/spitsbergen/

>Be German.
>Move to a coal-mining place.
Poetry.

This is a closed area, you need papers to get there. Two villages are inhabited by soldiers and builders, the natives have been moved to the continent.

cyмacшeдший нeмeц?

Would attempt to live there.

no, but it did stop people from discovering the rest of the Russian coast. also some badass dutch explorers built a house there and survived to tell the story

Aгa.

W8 I'll come back to reply another question.

Did I get spelling right?

Nice try, Belgian intelligence.

Perfect.

:3

until they were nuked
goddamn dutch imperialists

Russian military bases.
The US military did a flyby of it with some big jets yesterday.

Pyramiden? It's inhabited by ~8 people now. You can visit there; I did last year. Ask me anything, I guess

how depressing was it?

Nuclear testing

A real madman. How good is this place maintained? I heard they want to restore the buildings because it's a cultural heritage site now.

Rightful finnish clay

To see a city in disrepair and no prospects of ever recovering, yeah, you can say it was pretty depressing. But then on the other hand almost no one has to live there so it's not like people are suffering there.

> How good is this place maintained?
It isn't. It's falling apart in many ways. The only maintained building is the one people live in: the hotel.

Pic related is a building that used to house families. In it's peak, the city had thousands of inhabitants and actually was allegedly a good place to live because the government paid very well for good doctors and such to move up there.
Now the only families that live here are birds nesting.

That's none of your concern lelgium, move along!

Such a badass

Wasn't the Tsar Bomba dropped there?

yup

Tsar bomba, mostly

Cold

It's like Canada, then?

Which one of these island has that ultra-max security prison?

Why the fuck did you visit a nuclear testing remote frozen shithole?

BUmp

do you mean this one?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Dolphin_Prison

>It holds child molestors, murderers, terrorists, cannibals, serial killers and so called "maniacs"
>so called "maniacs"

Maньяк is serial killer or rapist in Russian. But I'm sure somebody thinks Russia puts innocent mentally unstable people in maximum security prisons.

Those coordinates are not an island's

The biggest nuclear explosion in history

That thing was so big the shock wave broke windows in Norwegian Lapland

looks comfy

This.

It is not radioactive through, 95 percent of the yield was from nuclear fusion. It was the largest and the cleanest nuclear bomb. The 50 Megaton version that was actually detonated through. The 100 Megaton concept would create incredible amounts of deadly fallout.