I am scared Sup Forums

I am scared Sup Forums

What are you going to do once the inevitable happens?

Which road will you take?

I am planning on switching to a new brother, to be honest, already been trying a couple ones like Opera, Brave, Chromium and Vivaldi.

Embrace the botnet and stop caring.

Not update.

What's happening with firefox?

hey loser shill~

can someone pls explain wtf is about to happen?

>tfw i embrace 57 because firefox actually runs on my netbook with it

Switch to ESR 52

>Opens firefox
>CPU spikes to 100% on multiple cores

>"What are you going to do once the inevitable happens?"

Where have you been the last 3/4 years my nigga? The inevitable already happened Firefox became crap. Slow and filled with fags, swjs and Google spyware

They say the new beta Firefox quantum or something like that, is way faster but I don't buy it.

To answer your question I switched to palemoon and also kept an old Firefox version where my addons still work

it's called Sorosfox now, user. make sure you don't go saying anything they deem hateful or anti-Semitic

Stay on firefox. All of my addons have already been ported and nightly is fast as fuck.

Use Opera, the superior browser

What's "the inevitable?" Mozilla and Firefox are doing fine.

Waterfox

It seriously is faster. I was running 56 on my gentoo netbook (dual core x64 atom @ 1.666GHz) and cpu usage would spike to 100%, and after 20-30 seconds firefox would open. Using it, on the other hand, was so torturous that I decided to make the netbook my coding machine and alias the name of every lightweight and text browser to an echo line to remind me it's my coding machine and to stop slacking off.

Then for shits and grins I set firefox 57 to compile last night before bed, and just remembered it like 2 hours ago. Holy shit it fucking flies. And by fly, i really mean "functions about the speed a normal web browser should in ideal conditions".

Now I have no hope of avoiding distraction on that machine. I think I might hack together a basic wm that only allows for opening and closing of urxvt windows that connect to a tmux session where all I can use is neovim.

Literally no connection with Soros. Soros isn't funding FF he's funding a completely different organization thats doing the same thing Firefox is trying to do, fight bullshit news.

Just go to Waterfox faggot. How new are you?

i am waiting for IceCat 52.5. ESR version of Firefox Quantum

palemoon is good
www.palemoon.org

Isn't there an open source web browser, like, anywhere?

But the touchpad scrolling is just as dogshit ultralaggy as it was before, right?

>I am planning on switching to a new brother
I'm going to a cousin myself, Icecat

ok shill.
they aren't fighting "bullshit news". they're doubling down on wrongthink.

I'm already on pale moon. It's not perfect but at least it feels familiar.

Waterfox is simply firefox + config tweaks. No reason to use it since 64-bit FF is a thing

Was thinking about not updating for a year or so and then decide to move or to stay but 90% of my addones already ported/got alternatives so I just updated and enjoy the speed.

Features
Disabled Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
Disabled Web Runtime (deprecated as of 2015)
Removed Pocket
Removed Telemetry
Removed data collection
Removed startup profiling
Allow running of all 64-Bit NPAPI plugins
Allow running of unsigned extensions
Removal of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
Addition of Duplicate Tab option
Locale selector in about:preferences > General

Go eat a dick memelord.

>features
>removed things

Just use pale meme

>removed shit features
>adds shit mozzarella won't because they're too busy removing "bad" language from their code
Those are features.

It's preferable to switch to icecat but if you don't want to complain it's better iridium

All the addons I use are webextensions already so I'm not worried about that. What pisses me off is that firefox dropped alsa in favor of pulseaudio. Also that they disabled setting your own newtab.

Anyone suggesting Icecat or Waterfox is a clueless contrarian, since those browsers are still 99.9% Mozilla code, and the rest are removed/turned off features that can be disabled easily from Firefox as well.

Pale Moon is already a more understandable choice, since it's significantly different from current Firefox, but ironically anyone who will switch to it in order to keep his leet addons to turn his browser into Emacs will soon find himself cut off from the basic addons like uBlock Origin or No Script.

Chromium based browsers are trash in general.

>Anyone suggesting Icecat or Waterfox is a clueless contrarian, since those browsers are still 99.9% Mozilla code
Can't speak for IceCat, but Waterfox is more than just pre-disabled settings. See . It also will continue to work with legacy extensions so that is already more than enough reason for most people.

>ironically anyone who will switch to it in order to keep his leet addons to turn his browser into Emacs will soon find himself cut off from the basic addons like uBlock Origin or No Script
Some of these add-on devs, and I believe gorhill is included, are promoting Pale Moon and thus will likely support them in the future. Pale Moon is also going to get a rebase on a more recent version of Firefox so that should help with compatibility. With Firefox ports independently choosing to maintain XPCOM, extension support will get better for Pale Moon, not worse, and a rich ecosystem will spring up around these browsers.

>his

If Firefox doesn't add KDialog support in 57 then I'm switching to qutebrowser.

Whenever Mozzarella adds bullshit to FF you can disable it with a few about:config settings. FF is still faster and more customizable than Chrome.

filthy phoneposter

I don't understand why people are taking this as the time to switch to a more dramatic botnet.
>My friend accidentally put his hand on my thigh
>Better go hang out in a gay bar to get away from him!

What are you talking about

Probably thinks you're a phoneposter because of your filename

Quit the Internet, go Meshnet and Sneakernet.

Op used the snipping tool in windows therefore somehow he's posting from his phone

waterfox is pretty good

>can't into reading

Do you mean OP's browser/brother fuckup? Maybe he had a brain fart.

Use Brave. Add in a script manger and your good,

Maybe, but at least half of Sup Forums are secretly phoneposters.

drop memezilla products all together and move to qutebrowser

>Tfw I moved to Vivaldi months ago because if I'm going to get fucked by WebExtensions I might as well use a browser with some features.

IceCat.

>apps
What is this shit you're using?

>Lemme just re-enable legacy add-ons on beta

>shill
You know where to go, user.

>scared of the best firefox since forever

Uhh what are you doing?

waterfox

i sold out to the google chrome a long time ago

Well there's meant to be a Waterfox fork that preserves the old API but I have little hope for it.

apt-mark hold firefox-esr

berohogtem, koszi.

??

>I am scared Sup Forums
Hide under the bed...
>Which road will you take?
...while i fuck your mom in your bed.

>outdated OS
>outdated Firefox

Funny how all say install Icecat. But Icecat has been discontinued. Top Kek

Also funny how everyone says install ESR. But ESR is at its end of the cycle. The new cycle will be 57 ESR. Again: TOP fucking KEK!

I was scared too. But I installed FF nightly on a VM, and theres not much I'll be missing pre-webextension.

I use about 40 addons, and I found an alternative for some, some should be re-written as a webextension prior to FF57 release, and some addons I wont need anymore such as screen capture since it's built in and can save either to the cloud or your desktop.

Some UI elements seem locked down, but nothing to constricting.

I think we'll be just fine.

Next ESR will be 59 this march

Explain to me like i'm a 5yo with downs:

How do you KNOW watercucks / palememe don't contain their own spyware that sends data to the devs for whatever purpose? Because with pozzilla you at least know the upper legal limits of what they can get away with as a registered company, namely broad telemetry, pattern matching...etc, as opposed to something like a small well obfuscated keylogger that's runs and transmits when specific triggers are tripped.

Not even memeing lads, genuinely curious.

Through the words and actions of the developers, I've deemed them trustworthy. It's as simple as that. They also have their code available for inspection, but I have neither the time nor skill to audit it. Using any software developed by somebody else has an inherent trust component, it's up to you to figure out who is deserving of that trust.

They just donated a lot of dough to an antifa forum and a project destined to dox right wingers in protests.

they donated to antifa and started cooperating with soros to filter (((fake news))) and (((offensive content)))

>Icecat has been discontinued
Stop LARPing faggot

Why does anyone still use Firefox slow Shit

Wait until netrunner is usable, that what I do.

What shall we use for the next five years then?

Firefox is trash ,it has been trash for the last few years

Scrolling feels like shit, it's extremely choppy and slow
Loading comments in youtube is fucking slow and choppy
Memory leaks still happen
The devs are brainwashed sjw cuckolds that make the ceo quit because he doesn't like sodomite degenerates

I switched to vivaldi a year ago and never regretted it.