Headphone Jack Defense

>USB-C or Lighting are faster
What if I want to charge my phone and listen to music at once?
>inb4 MUH 300$ DONGLES

>It's cost-ineffective
iPhone confirmed to have filled that space with "moar battery" giving a totally relevant increase of 2.5% battery life. If anything, that's a WASTE of space

>MUH THE FUTURE IS NOW
Bluetooth and wireless technology is nowhere near polished in terms of audio and constantly unpairs. On top of that add 50$ to the price tag of any bluetooth product in comparison to a regular wired product.

What's the point of this thread? There's literally no one that disagrees with you.

Saw at least 3 threads about the "shiny wireless future".

It all boils down to

>small inconvenience
vs
>forced to buy shitty phones

Give me two USB type-C with analog passthrough support.
THEN you can get rid of the headphone jack, but not until then.

>What if I want to charge my phone and listen to music at once?
Tbh I would be a little bit more fine with it if phones came with two USB-Cs.

Honestly I'd put up with a Type-C/3.5mm adapter dongle if the phone had one port on the top and the other on the bottom, both centered and with audio passthrough. Then I'd be able to charge it without the cable getting in the way regardless of whether I'm listening to something.

This.

Just fucking deal with it. If you don't want a phone with no headphone jack, then don't fucking buy one. Wow how hard is that. No one's forcing you to use these phones.
Whoa, guess what. I hate phones that don't have removable batteries. I think it's more convenient to be able to put in a second battery than it is to be ip68 instead of ip67. Guess what else. I use a fucking phone with a fucking removable battery. You know what I didn't do? I didn't make daily threads on a fucking anime forum whining about it to people who don't care.

For me personally its not just headphone jack removal but;

NO Headphone Jack + NO APT-X

Where apple really really fucked up was removing the jack and then only letting you stream lossy music over bluetooth...

Qualcom has APT-X HD and it can do 16bit and 24 bit transparently (@48khz)

Sony has LDAC which can do 24bit (@96khz)

APPLE HAS REFUSED TO LICENCE THEM... build this shit into everything... and then maybe think about removal ... but not a minute sooner and i will be keeping pic related for some time

Apple is very wierd when it comes to audio standards and has a very bad case of "not invented here" syndrome...

Also i cant wait to see the nuclear but-hurt when they inevitably refresh the iphone SE without the jack... that will be one dark day

Just point out that's it just another instance of Apple-jewry trying to force an industry trend because they analyzed they are slightly better positioned to take advantage of some arbitrary new tech than their competitors.

Point out how flash was better than html5 when Apple insisted otherwise, or how google maps was better than whatever shit maps they made at some point.

>two USB type-C
no

Only if at least one of them has analog passthrough.

I'm not fucking with external DACs in dongles or some bullshit like we currently have.

The USB type-C spec allows for analog passthrough, but no device currently uses it.

>iPhone confirmed to have filled that space with "moar battery" giving a totally relevant increase of 2.5% battery life. If anything, that's a WASTE of space
You wish
The whole reason is they wantd to force their sheep to buy their wireless shit. Many times because they get lost or eaten by dog.

This

I just bought an iPhone 8. Recommend me the best headphones.

Shure SE846

A Sony walkman.
Maybe it'll balance out the 8's levels of homosexuality.

>iPhone confirmed to have filled that space with "moar battery"
No, they filled the space with a barometer and a larger Taptic engine.

The battery has gotten smaller, if anything.

>barometer
Being able to measure atmospheric pressure twenty four hours a day is the most important reason anyone should buy the iPhone.

Just give me my slider phone with 5 inch touchscreen, 2 USB, headphone jack, mini display port, physical keyboard and a full working Linux

Have a look at a tear down video, there's literally an empty space in there, there's a video where a guy actually puts a 3.5mm headphone jack in his iphone

The idea behind eliminating the jack isn't that people will use these shitty adapters for wired headphones, but that they're supposed to switch to bluetooth.

Unfortunately today bluetooth headphones suck and/or are crazy expensive.

RE: bluetooth: applel is not getting along with qualcomm lately and qualcom owns the APT-X codec

translation - bluetooth audio is going to suck on iphone for some time... yep you heard it here first...

>Bluetooth and wireless technology is nowhere near polished in terms of audio and constantly unpairs. On top of that add 50$ to the price tag of any bluetooth product in comparison to a regular wired product.
it also has a delay sometimes and no really good IEMs use bluetooth, they all use a jack

Ummm, sweetie... USB-C _is_ a headphone jack.
Just because you're too poor to buy modern headphones doesn't change that.

>What if I want to charge my phone and listen to music at once?
If you're at home with a charger you don't have to use your phone for music. What a silly irrelevant example.

>sweety

FFS google has said it is not supporting analogue USB-C pass through

as far as i know no one knows if the apple dongle is a pass through or a DAC

plus those usb-c headphones you posted look low-fi as fuck and ready to snap

only "lightning / usb c" headphones i have ever personally auditioned that were passable were the audeze isine with own dac in the cable and they are 600 dollary doos