Hey so how much longer until this thing isn't shit?

Hey so how much longer until this thing isn't shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=Vega 64&N=-1&isNodeId=1
wccftech.com/geforce-gtx-1070-ti-aots-benchmarks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A watched teapot never boils.

You will never able to actually buy it.

drivers are not going to make it stop requiring a nuclear reactor to power or liquid nitrogen to stay under 80C.

If you increase the performance per clock, you can lower the clock.
But the heat is a good way to see who's in check.

I have two of them though...

I'm not denying that, but vega has a lot of ground to cover, vega can pull around 30% more power than their gtx counter parts which can translate to heat and by the time improved drivers can even make a dent in that issue, the gpu market will move past vega. I'm glad amd is making money off of miners with vega, because without them vega would fail, and amd would never have the money to put into the next generation.

dad, is that you?

waiting navi...

It's gonna keep me warm during winter.

personally i hope intshills keep shitting on ryzen and vega so i can scoop them up when the price drops

they respect my foss drivers on linuks

nu-male? Is that you?

isn't it 100% within this month?

About 1.5 years.
FuryX took about that long to not be shit.
Then applications needed more than 4gb if Vram and it was back to the shitter.

I guess there is value in being the comfiest space heater on the market.

1080 is such a beast of a card. I look forward to buying one second-hand in two years for $200

980s kept their value far 2 long.
The 1080 will probably be worse.

I am pretty disappointed, the 56 doesn't look worth the upgrade from a fury x.

I have a freesync 4k.

Think probably best bet is a 32" ips gsync 1080ti 144hz at this point

Nah WAIT

BUY VEGA

apparently the new driver is about to come this month so who knows..

cuck

What about aib cards tho?

Sync stuff is shit
It's a marketing gimmick to keep you buying one brand of GPU.
The Reddit gaymer crowd had spread this bullshit that Gsync or Freesync is necessary.
-Gsync owner.

Isn't freesync free and open? Like, anyone can implement it?

I don't see how that's some evil vendor lock-in strategy from AMD. Not like nVidia's GSync.

ahahaha you are a fucking lying retard, literally never seen freesync or g-sync in your sad life, who do you think you are fooling?

Whenever the draw binning and tile rasterization is fixed.

last rumor was also this month

its obvious they are waiting the complete drivers

>Hey so how much longer until this thing isn't shit?

Wait for kernel 4.15 and Mesa 17.3, so somewhere in November

>Implying

nah
aib cards got delayed to november, from which you can probably infer the drivers not being ready this month

>Hey so how much longer until this thing isn't shit?
The months at worst, two weeks at best.

Nowinstock has had tons of places listed with it in stock for a month now, thing is nobody will pay their price gouging. More stock is supposed to be coming this month, someone is going to sell at msrp soon enough

The price is irrelevant as long as performance is not there.

Soon™

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=Vega 64&N=-1&isNodeId=1

>$600 - $700
>For a card that can't even outperform a $499 card

TOP KEK

>he doesn't have a gpu for winter and another for summer

>>$600 - $700
>>For a card that can't even outperfor
when is it getting cheaper? this is annoying

Probably in a month or two

Custom cooling boards will start hitting market

>frametimes in fps
what?

Freesync is build on something that's free and open. Freesync IS an implementation.

But yes anyone can built on VESA's adaptive sync. Nvidia chooses not to.

No one outside AMD knows, not even OEM/AIBs know - but they're a bit pissed.

AMD won't even acknowledge whether it's a hardware fault yet to AIBs, that's why they don't ramp up custom cards - a simple 'no it's just a software issue' would put the AIB concerns aside, but over 12 months since sampling and still no word on when and IF current vega chips will ever get the binning rasterizer.

Vega already does fetch once.

>If I make up some shit, I can try and save face for AMD-sama
Fuck off shill.

to be fair even when applications wanted more than 4gb, it was still going strong, its when they ask for significantly more that things are a problem.

gsync is the keep buying one brad, freesync is an open standard, or uses an open standard. if nvidia werent such cunts with locking shit down to their platform alone, you would have cheaper choices.

and as for is it good, I played a game at 18 fps and the only reason I realised it was 18 fps was the effects looked a bit jumpy, there was no lag on the inputs, had I needed to play it at that speed, I easily could have and not have been hindered much.

It's pretty good for mining. I'd replace my RX480 farm with Vega's if I could get them at a reasonable price.

i have freesync and i can tell when its on and off, its quite nice and i imagine gsync is the same way

Also, nvidia gsync 4k 144hz are the only monitors announced of this spec - delayed until 2018 however. There are zero known for AMD

Google translate

I paid £380 for my RXV56. Flashed it to 64 BIOS. Tweaked it up and get great performance. Hopefully the big driver update will make it shine but right now it's still a pretty good combo with my Freesync monitor. It does not use nearly as much power as people make out (measured on a kill-a-watt style meter) and since I don't game all day every day the difference is miniscule over the course of a year.

Smells like leather.

just x-fire 3-4 of the AMD cards and you have an Electric kettle.

How did you flash a Yamaha AV receiver to a Radeon GPU?

Your attempt at being hilarious is just painful to witness.

???

The "vega 64 bio" only oc the memory. It was confirmed

The 1080 is better and cheap, nobody inb4 fanboy care about a 2 years late card.

And?
That's what you need, 1.35Vmem.
ALUs make no difference for current Vega.

How long until Raj is found ded?

I dunno R600 was already a reason for suicide and yet he's still alive.

We're in Twilight zone R600 era again aren't we.
VEGA will /never/ be fixed, just like the 2900XT.

How long until the the new 3870XT then?

>VEGA will /never/ be fixed, just like the 2900XT.
2900XT had hardware bugs related to AA.
Vega simply shipped with half the uArch features disabled.

Vega 56 when overclocked and undervolted is 1080 tier, but you should only get Vega if you don't like money, because it's $600 for 1080 performance, just get a used 1080Ti.

>Vega simply shipped with half the uArch features disabled.
>simply shipped with half the uArch features disabled.
>half the uArch features disabled.
>half disabled.
And since the silence is still deafening from AMD regarding the issue - for all we know, it could be another hardware issue that requires a new stepping.

>it could be another hardware issue that requires a new stepping.
No, they've already presented data for both DSBR and NGG Fast Path in the whitepaper.
Heck it performs very well in production stuff already.

It performs at Markham sure and they've written a paper on it - great!
Where are the demos?
More to the point, where is the software?

>Where are the demos?
They've started writing consumer drivers somewhere mid-July since fetch once appeared literally DAYS before launch.
>More to the point, where is the software?
Being written right now.

if you take only the frames within the 99th percentile of frame time and stitched them together, that's how many frames you could fit in one second.
just basic math and easier to compare.

>yfw aibs 1070ti will come before vega aibs

wccftech.com/geforce-gtx-1070-ti-aots-benchmarks/

In the big december driver update AMD has been doing for the last few years (omega, crimson and whatnot). Word from those in the vanguard program (which is under NDA so its only hints) is that Vega is making some impressive gains.

I have a VEGA 64 at 1630mhz. Temps never reach above 70

The ref is actually pretty decent (and PCB is absolutely NUTS), shame about OOTB voltages, but that's given with AMD cards.
It was Omega, Crimson, Crimson ReLive.
Crimson Redux is coming.
And no, don't expect AiB cards before the software is ready.

Frametimes and fps are the same thing.

> (and PCB is absolutely NUTS)

Hawaii, fiji and Vega all have pcb's capable of handling way, way more juice than the cores can actually take. Christ hawaii's ref pcb was good for pumping a good 1.3v~ through it if you could cool the nuclear-hot vrm1.

No they aren't. frametimes are related to the pacing of the frames rather than how many frames are delivered. They are certainly related but not the same thing.

Vega is literally peak though, fucking 11+1 phases.

Yeah buildzoid has a bit of a hard-on for vega based on its pcb and lack of cold bug. I do wonder (at typical ambient temps) the sort of power you could feed through that pcb. Imagine the likes of msi slapping on their 290x lightning cooler onto vega - with an aggressive fan profile you'd probably be able to push the core to best part of 1800mhz (assuming the chip can take it obviously) without melting everything.

dunno
i love my vega.

1/frametime = fps
1/fps = frametime

Now tell me again how they differ since there is a direct relationship between the 2.

It's just changing the way you present data. You don't mix metric and clapistan units do you?

The Asus strix reviews are already out and it doesn't matter.

Vega performance is chip lottery. Cooling doesn't help a damn thing.

they are already selling the partnercards? it's about time

>he bought a gaymor laptop
ahahahaha what a retard

1070ti is going to ass fuck AMD raw. this pleases the pork shoulders leather jacket man

And then AMD finally launches Crimson Redux.

Not for sale yet, lots of manufacturers waiting on dram still, probably by mid November

>I live in 2014: the post

>waiting for DRAM
It's already on the fucking package.
AIBs are hilariosly bad at lying.

RAJ RAJ FIGHT THE POWA

How do you wait on dram with HBM it is physically built onto the the gpu and isn't a seperate entity like GDDR is?

Raja is taking a nap.
Ask Lisa.

They are short something nigger. Some website said they were all facing shortages.

They only thing they are short of is their ability to lie properly.

short on customers

>probably be able to push the core to best part of 1800mhz
You'd have to win the silicon lottery for that. I've got mine on a full cover water block and it's unstable beyond 1710MHz @ 47C.

It hits the wall at ~1700MHz.
It's a node limitation.

Full of shit.

I picked up a 27 inch 1080p Dell freesync monitor and even with an rx470 the difference is amazing.

This only cost 150 ish too.

Holy shit lmao how is that 3,000 watt power supply holding up?

This.

T. 1600x 1080

Imagine if Nvidia did the same thing Sup Forums would be furious