/mkg/ Hipster Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/maxkey-dolch-sa-double-shot-abs-keycaps
lazada.com.my/imperion-mech-7-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-37949091.html?spm=a2o4k.020308020000.0.0.nvw0VH
amazon.com/Logitech-Spectrum-Tenkeyless-Mechanical-920-007731/dp/B01645FHEI
aliexpress.com/store/product/Backlight-OSU-Keycaps-for-Cherry-Keyboard-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-Keycaps/211972_32771555932.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=455
massdrop.com/buy/vortex-race-3-mechanical-keyboard
aliexpress.com/item/2017-New-1pc-fidget-spinner-hand-spinner-Rotating-Toy-Wheel-Cleaning-Agent-Lubricant-Capacity-30ML-Weight/32829114331.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=&size=Tenkeyless&led=&capmat=2&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also proper doubleshot PBT never ever

where do people buy the cheap tai-hao keycap sets

ebay or chinese ebay
massdelaydrop has some too

Patent pending

What purpose does this serve? It can't be typed on, it's in the way of clip shingles and it's not anything-proof.

Also where can I get one?

>What purpose does this serve?
The Molle Keyboard Attachment Systemâ„¢ only for HHKB Professional 2 keyboards can be used to ensure your HHKB Professional 2 keyboard is always at a safe distance in case you need to have any routine typing sessions while you are operating or are hiking in the woods.

The Molle Keyboard Attachment Systemâ„¢ attaches to the plate carrier or battle belt of your choosing, and provides three rows of MOLLE webbing so you can be sure your HHKB Professional 2 is secure while also being easy to detach in case of any life endangering emergencies.

people complain about the chink stems, i haven't seen people complain about novatouch stems

The novatouch is the best topre board

How do you decide which switch to go with in an expensive board?
I have outemu blacks and gateron blues and I like them both equally as much. Is there an inbetween maybe?

Kailh box switches are clicky and almost linear, so that would be pretty much in between.

Is there a keyboard like the Tada68 but with a dedicated function key row?

Just get a TKL

75% but none of the options are great because the industry doesn't care about innovation. i guess look at KBD75/YMD75 if you don't mind paying like $200 in total and the 6.25u spacebar and 1u alt/fn/ctrl. the right column keys will be a bit wonky if you don't get blanks or uniform profile keys.

the only reason you should be buying a novatouch is to harvest the stems so you can put them in an FC660C or HHKB

The novatouch is the best looking topre keyboard and has the best layout.

Today I took apart my G710+ and cleaned every keycap, and then cleaned around all the switches.

Did I do good Sup Forums ?

>FC660
That layout is absolutely awful though. Get a fuckin real 65% like the Tada68 or something that doesn't egregiously waste space like the VA68

Is there a keycap set for cherry MX that looks exactly like that?

but the switches are too easy to press. 55g topres are just the best.

No.

kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/maxkey-dolch-sa-double-shot-abs-keycaps
Closest you're probably gonna get.

>99 ZOGbux

welp, time to save.

In december there are going to be 55g domes available to buy and BKE domes too which I hear are even better than 55g.

Oh, that's neat. Because my Novatouch has been in its box for almost 2 years now. Got it, installed nice thicc SA keycaps and the keys pressed almost by themselves. Totally unusable for me.

Been using a 55g uniform Realforce since then.

>$99 for some plastic parts
welcome to your new hobby

are wasd keyboard legit? What better options do I have, custom keycaps is a must for me tho.

>preonic still on schedule and set to deliver as expected
Are planckfags the ultimate cucks

pls someone post k120 pasta

BKE domes are just stiffer topre domes. Matured HHKB pro 1 domes feel the same.

Bought myself an Imperion Mech 7 RGB from Malaysia for only $35.50. I know RGB is a meme but I need an interchangeable color backlit keyboard for events and DJing gigs

lazada.com.my/imperion-mech-7-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-37949091.html?spm=a2o4k.020308020000.0.0.nvw0VH

I also bought a Mac Command Keycap from Max Keyboard. Gamer Keycaps have some of the ugliest Windows OS logos and since I DJ on a Macbook better just make it Mac-friendly instead.

Is it true that the fewer keys you have, the better you are at programming?

better at using vim/emacs

You only need a mouse then.

Is the Corsair K70 LUX RGB really that bad? I red that the leds go out too fast...

Where to get the Mac Command Keypad?
I need one f tor an EleEnter Game1. Are those universal?

Meant for

Is key chattering (double typing) always a switch problem or could it be an issue with the PCB?

Don't you guys have some kind of picture guide with pros/cons for price ranges?

I don't reckon it's too bad. What people don't like is the gamer aesthetics, the RGB and that is overpriced.

What's a good entry level mechanical keyboard for my friend?

I think he wants one on the cheaper end (

amazon.com/Logitech-Spectrum-Tenkeyless-Mechanical-920-007731/dp/B01645FHEI

comes from logitech, one can't go wrong

Where can I get this?
I really like the center keycap printing

should I?

aliexpress.com/store/product/Backlight-OSU-Keycaps-for-Cherry-Keyboard-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-Keycaps/211972_32771555932.html

Any other White switch recommendations before I bite the bullet? Sick of Reds. Too soft.

First for toppre's are the best switches

They are coming out later this year:
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_list&c=455

Just be aware that the top delete and escape keys are not standard, so you'll have a hard time finding replacements if you want alternate keycaps. However, the keycaps that they use are nice doubleshot PBT, and the colored caps are the extra that they provide. Otherwise, it follows the gray and white scheme here.

There was a groupbuy on Massdrop that recently ended, and you might have gotten it just a bit earlier if you ordered there.

massdrop.com/buy/vortex-race-3-mechanical-keyboard

just get some random shit like drevo excalibur and dsa profile keycaps

IBM is love

they're dye-sub not doubleshot

Pok3r with magicforce typewriter keys right? I was thinking of buying that set for fun since it's so cheap. How are they? Is the silver detailing a metal?

My 1st Model M, now I want an industrial one (grey)

If you can find one for a decent price they are totally worth getting, failing that, buy an industrial case from unicomp.

Tada68

Just above his budget at $100 (unless you buy from taobao). Also it's on massdrop right now for $100 with an aluminium case, but that does come with a wait plus you have to assemble it yourself.

Anyone try out a unicomp model M?
Should I go for it or get a regular classic + dedicated trackball mouse?

Is this your collection?
>if yes, I hate you!

It can be switch or PCB related.
It could be a firmware issue as well

It belongs to a tripfag

But I think he often posts without his trip so it's probably him here, yeah

Had Several keyboards over the years, MX red, MX brown, MX Blue... After getting am model M I wonder why ever bother buying the ones before

It's a part of my collection yeh, don't hate me :(

Why do you own more than 1 keyboard?

I really like the one with the thinkpad sticker.

What keyboard is it in the center above the hhkb?

What are the best stabilizers? I got the transparent ones without knowing how terrible they are and I want to switch them out

Costar are the best, but they require some lube, even without it its still pretty good.

you make your own weapon holsters?

just buy some lube tho

aliexpress.com/item/2017-New-1pc-fidget-spinner-hand-spinner-Rotating-Toy-Wheel-Cleaning-Agent-Lubricant-Capacity-30ML-Weight/32829114331.html

You have both?

Can anyone recommend me a quiet compact keyboard? I don't have enough desk space here for a full size board, so I'd like something without a numpad and I don't really *need* home/pgup/pgdown, and arrow keys to be accessible without a a function shift.

Also something quieter than blues would be nice.

well blues are the loud ones if you want something that wont make noise you can go for linear or a hhkb, also if you want it much more silent then you can tune the switches for it, with lube and sticklers that will damper the effect.

gateron brown tada68

That new matias keyboard with PBT keycaps. It comes with quiet tactile switches

Looking for a cheap 40-70 USD mech with blue switches, doesnt really matter if its chinkshit. must be full sized and also id prefer backlight as long as its not red.

Why not
Me too, I've got some more thinkpad stickers on the way for the other two!
Topre K1-00 with low profile topre switches.

Looking to replace keycaps for board that I have purple leds on. What's a set that would match this nicely?

GMK Hyperfuse, JTK purple, maybe those Mito (faggot) sets that are entering GD on massdrop anytime soon.

just ordered an ErgoDox (preassembled EZ model bc I'm not gonna spend 10 hours soldering shit together) to use at work, since they won't let me install a custom software level keymap.

anybody else here own one of these autism accessories?

Cheap knock off Dolch.

What's the cheapest way to get a keyboard like that?
I don't care about the switch as long as it's relatively quiet

Just buy a 60% keyboard and dolch keycaps

kbparadise v60 is pretty cheap
they came with olivette keycap (not dolch tho)

MaxKeyboards and WASD keyboards sell them.

I made my own designs based on the 1997 Apple Keyboard but you can use pic related and upload to either Max Keyboard of WASD Keyboard.

Wait wait wait. Matias PBT caps are available now? Did I miss something?

Looks like they're sold out and still pretty expensive.
Anything less than about 90 bucks?

Anne Pro is like $30 cheaper than the V60. I've never used one so I can't attest to their quality but they seem to be a very popular budget 60%

>Anne Pro
That's still like 70 bucks user
Why are smaller keyboards that use LESS switches and material more expensive than full size ones?
what the actual fuck

rk61 is 50 bucks

That's because the anne pro is a wireless bluetooth, programmable keyboard, and it comes with a smartphone app that lets you switch between custom profiles on the fly. The PBT keycaps are a nice bonus as well. If you want cheaper there is the magicforce for like 30-40 bucks

>Anne Pro
the keyboard itself is fine but the bluetooth sucks ass
it maybe good as a mechanical keyboard but failed as a wireless keyboard.

current currency is about 81.4 USD
they came in dolch too.

just remember, you paid for the quality. never trust 40-50 mechanical keyboard. buy secondhand if you must.

bluetooth is janky in general in my experience

>40-50
those are price ranges from competitive and mass produced products, no one can enter in those margins.
I tried it by going full handmade and the prices start to depend on quantity of orders.

What's the best knock-off topre board?
I'm looking at the PLUM 84 right now. Any thoughts?

Also, what are these electro capacitive boards like for gaming (CS:go, mmorpgs, arpg, etc) ?

Amazon. Its on amazon. Don't wait for massflop shipping for like $5 off.

Hey Sup Forums in the market for a keyboard figured might try an mechanical keyboard
OP wasn't quite helpful in terms of suggested products

Was wondering if anyone here could offer any suggestions for a keyboard to be used for FPS and mainly RTS games

While price isn't exactly an issue, i want best value for said product eg obviously wont pay 1k for an keyboard when an $250 keyboard easily does the job

gherkin keyboard is the way to go for gaiming

Since you play FPS games you need some rouged keycaps for you greasy n33t fingers you fat fuck. Look for anything with PBT keycaps as they won't develop shine. Now since you're just a man child with no suitable skills a TKL or even a 75% keyboard would be all you need, as a numpad is useless for those with out a job. For simple fps and rts games a gaymer like you doesn't need anything fancy like analog or capacitive switches, so just stick with gateron switches and their chink shit clones, or if you're a faggot (99.9% sure you are) then get those cuck cherry switches for the memes. If you still haven't killed your self, just do it, but for now I'd recommend a Ducky One TKL with PBT keycaps as it covers all your bases for a PCuck like you. They even make one with fully programmable RGBT lights for autistic children such as yourself. The programmable macros and media keys are a plus too as you don't need some janky software control. Now they are a bit pricey, but I'm sure mommy's credit card can cover it as an early Christmas present.
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=&size=Tenkeyless&led=&capmat=2&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
Just pick whatever pleases your autism as they have a wonderful selection of switches.
(PS she doesn't actually love you)
(PPS Get clears instead of those dirty nigger browns)
Sincerely
-user

Bumping this. Pls recommend electro capacitive board.