Spring and T-Mobile to merge

asia.nikkei.com/Business/Deals/SoftBank-close-to-announcing-merger-deal-for-Sprint-T-Mobile

Expect to pay Canada-tier cell plan prices by this time next year, Amerifats.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/r-softbanks-son-says-trumps-promised-deregulation-will-help-his-business-2017-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not happening

Not gonna be allowed

>implying the merger won't be a good thing

Sprint hasn't been a solvent company in years. They have a fuck ton of debt and only had 2 profitable quarters in 10 years. Hopefully the germans can use their spectrum to do something good.

Also it's gonna pass DOJ and FCC scrutiny. If they allowed Verizon and AT&shit to get to their current size then they will allow T-sprint.

noooooo my based walmart tmobile plan!

oh well, I'll just switch to VZW unlimited if it dies.

>Exclusive
Nothing in this article is new, all this shit has been in the WSj and bloomberg since last month

Justice department staff is against it.

Remember when SoftBank's owner Masayoshi Son went to Trump Tower soon after Trump got elected and sucked his dick verbally for 20 minutes?

businessinsider.com/r-softbanks-son-says-trumps-promised-deregulation-will-help-his-business-2017-2

This is why he went there. So that he can get approval to merge with T-Mobile and start Jewing American cell phone price plans.

fuck t-mobile is going to get rid of their prepaid plan aren't they? I'm paying $30/month for 5GB of LTE with bingeon, text and 120min of call. I don't want to lose that sweet deal.

>staff
who gives a fuck about them, it's the boss that matters and that guy will pass it.

It's not like antitrust cases get slapped right on Trump's desk for a decision. There's going to be a committee in the FCC that forms a subcommittee that has the singular goal of deciding whether or not the merger would be a benefit to the American people, and they will allow it or not based on that decision.
It's incredibly possible that that subcommittee is comprised largely of bribed people, but not all that likely.

>FCC run by Pajeet Fly, telecom lobbyist actively trying to kill any leverage consumer or small businesses have against telecom providers
>implying this won't pass with a couple million dollar donation here and there

is softbank from a zeibatsu?

Wrong. It will only lead to them cutting service down to Verizon and ATT levels. They are already cutting data plans down.

Look poorfag you might want a company to keep losing money so you can have your cheap boostmobile fag but eventually these companies have to turn a profit so people like me who own shares can make some money. Shits gonna go through so deal with it.

Sprint is only losing money because retarded mergers that only added up debt.

If they were to just go bankrupt, creditors could sell of the assets to a new company or consortium of investors who could turn profit without the retarded debt load accumulated from 10 years of merger binge.

You don't own any shares of Sprint.

Believe what you want but I'm already do well just on the speculation and once these companies combine I'll do even better in a few years when this new entity is kicking ass.

You've lost alot of money already, fagtron.
>Rev. 21:8

>If sprint just tell people who lent them money to go fuck themselves they'll be in a better position

I bet you're one of those fags with student loan debt that wants to discharge it all in bankruptcy because they can't find a job with their sociology degree.

isnt softbank the people who own Arm now?

>pay $50/mth for 10GB unlimited
Only wish I didnt live in an area that has shit signal on any carrier

No, I have a CS degree and no student debt due to family wealth.

yeah boi

I wonder if they'll use CDMA or GSM since Sprint uses one and T Mobile the other.

Sprint is shutting down their CDMA network anyways.

So what happens to boost Mobile and metro?

Donald Trump literally said he wouldn't allow ATT and TW merger during the compaign, and it's gonna happen anyways.

What? TW was merged with other companies and is now known as Spectrum under Charter Communications. How is ATT buying TW?

Time Warner Cable was separated from Time Warner back in the early 2000s.

Charter bought out Time Warner Cable, not Time Warner.

AT&T is buying Time Warner.

Walmart already sold family mobile to Tracfone.

Ah. I see now they split back in 09. One owns channels and a movie studio the other just provides services.

>Canada-tier cell plan prices
I'm assuming that's bad