Ask an Audio Technician anything

Ask an Audio Technician anything

Other urls found in this thread:

zaxcom.com/products/deva/
sonosax.ch/product/sx-st/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are traps gay?

Traps are, futas are only gay depending on the size of the cock.

Tryng to decide between stereo speakers and surround sound speakers.

Love listening to music so stereo would be great but I like gaming and watching shows / movies.

Is there a setup that will give me the best of both worlds?

How big?

Correctly placed stereo speakers are sufficient. Though you might wanna get some headphones.

do you work for audio technica?

What sine wave frequency is your favorite?

When did you suck your first penis and how was it?

>Audio Technician
So you're like... a roadie for a shit band that isn't worth mentioning in your OP?

Stereo, surround sound is too much to set up and not all media supports it. Get some nice headphones. Studio monitors are better for mixing and editing but if you set up your system right you can get very good bass and whatever other shit you want.

Movies

No im not union

440hz

this week and it was quite pleasant

Are you deaf?

Not an engineer, not an engineer and producer.

So what are you doing pleb? Setting up the mics? Coiling xlr for pack away?

Or repairing broken shit?

Because none of that is the fun stuf

Oh my father used to do that. Which city are you in, I might know you?

>non union
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your father was probably an audio engineer or mastering engineer.

Something above technician.

He refused to ever use the title of "engineer" because he wasn't an engineer, but yeah that's what he did. I thought OP might be one of those types.

Nah, I think op makes the tea and cleans the heads of the multitracks with qtips and isopropyl and coils the xlr cables, and wants to seem cool.

Your dad sounds way more interesting.

Did he work on a neve console? They are great.! Second place to ssl for advanced automation even if digital.

Neves can have automation retro fitted anyway...

Only below 300hz

Poduction Audio Mixing, sometimes live events. so all of those things

A Dumb city

Cool. Live is cool, riding the faders on the fly. Doing the arena eq with multiband and spectrum analyser .. Getting the kick to pop thru nicely. Good shit.

Coming from some one who didn't do live, live is still THE SHIT ( = cool )

Its important to do anything you can. the more about other shit you learn the better you become in the studio. You learn to cheat the right way

Nah, he did location sound work mainly, although he was in other cities for work so often I don't really know everything about what he was doing.

I know he owned a few of these zaxcom.com/products/deva/

And two or three of these (I don't know which model exactly)
sonosax.ch/product/sx-st/

He designed a system that used a mac-mini somewhere inside it to run several other pieces of equipment who's names I have forgotten as well.

One thing I remember him saying all the time was to never work in film ever and how he never wanted me to do what he did (I think this is why he didn't tell me much)

What's the limit of audiophilia you tolerate? What do you think about shit like 192kHz or DSD? Do you have any myths you can confirm or refute? What are your ideal headphones and sound system?

Stop looking down on people you fucking classcuck, it'll come back to bite you in the ass one day.

what audio interface you love?

What do you think of the livetrack l-12?

Which is better for the price a dolby atmos soundbar or a decent surround sound setup?

You have to be both a fagget and a cuck to think 192kHz is the only thing you can listen too. Most music is mixed at 48kHz and so are most other media. Consumer devices cannot do more that 48.

Audiophiles are stupid. Anyone who decides that they need to spend $20,000 on speakers would probably fuck themselves with them. Just enjoy music and enjoy movies.

Ask me a myth.

I use Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones for home use and editing. I use Mackie CR-4 speakers at home. Work is another story. gear changes. I dont make enough to get Super GUD gear at home.

Never used one but knowing Zoom. Too much floor noise.

Surround sound is fun when you watch movies, sound bars are cool and add alot too your movies but also work fairly well with music

faggot skips audio interface question, what a fruad

It all depends, nigger, I had a Focusrite Clarett 8Pre. its pretty good but could be better

Any comparable products for poorfags? I /homerecord/ without an interface rn, it sucks. I figured I could knock out getting an interface and mixer at the same time.
Also though about upgrading to the maschine mk3, but I'm afraid the interface is just tacked on. Thoughts?

Nigga open your eyes, the earth does this in all aspects every single day , systems and societies are based on this

If you get a mixer that doubles as an interface you will run into noise floor issues, that's the noise created by the machine.
But if you are doing electronic/ house music, spend money on Ableton or if you are cheap get logic, Maschine Mk3 will be good hardware. I would get that, make some music fuck around, then later get good speakers to master those tracks. or make due without one until you can get that last

Last question I swear. How do I shop for monitors online? I know I can't test out their sound quality, is there some type of guide online or just a general rule of thumb go to for budget buyers?

how much are you willing to spend?

What's your favorite headphones?

ATH-m50x

Take us through your standard room tune process.

>the world is shit so I have no other option but to be shitty
Look at yourself

$500 ideally, but more if it's worth it.

Bigger doesnt mean better, i do know that Yamaha has nice monitors, and so does JBL.
I have used JBLs LSR305. They are nice especially for the price, you would want two of these, but it would probably require you to get an audio interface or a passive volume control

What's your measured maximum hearing frequency?

14,832hz

M40x vs M50x?

M50x

>45mm
>90° Swivel is kino

Can you hear me now?

whats your speakers/headphones

Is m50x internally considered a meme? Since ya know, people praise it to heaven and beyond.

what brand of headphones would have the third reich used?

are tube AMPs hipster memes?

how're those sm57's treating you

How long before I die from inhaling the fumes from when soldering audio cables?

Which is the best live live mixing console and why its the midas xl4?

I got this new studio monitor setup but whenever I listen to high pitched female vocals it hurts my ears. Outs like a frequency band gets hit and it amplifies over all the others.

What can I do other than put some absorbers at the first and second reflection points?