When they can reach perfection of MS Office?

When they can reach perfection of MS Office?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_OpenOffice#Releases
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreOffice#Release_history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NEVAR

>people still use openoffice
Why?

its better than libreoffice

LibreOffice still updates its UI and adds new features.

WPS office exists too you idiot, and so does Google docs.

we dont need ui we need functionality

When they finally iradicate sudden crashes.

Latex is pretty fun, you guys should try it out.

When they'll change the UI to be more today's standards, not windows xp era

>pajet detected
why use any office suite when you can use VIM?

What functionality has OpenOffice added since the split? Let's look at the Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_OpenOffice#Releases
Oh, fucking nothing.
>meanwhile at LibreOffice
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreOffice#Release_history

Yea sure.

Because i am employed.

Both shit.

They already have

Learn to LaTeX, son.

Right now, anything is better than the latest version of LibreOffice. Everything is extremely slow & sluggish as hell, especially the menus, which flicker like crazy when moving through options. It also made my video card's driver crash, which pissed me off. In the end, I just went back to an older version.

When they stop using that retard gtk thing

>ms office
>perfection
Total shit when you want use keyboard only.

Has Libreoffice gotten their new mascot yet?

The problem is not LibreOffice. The developers are doing awesome work with it. The problem is Microsoft and their stupid formats. Nobody uses, learns or recommends LibreOffice because it's incompatible with Microsoft's dumbshit fileformats.

How easy is LaTeX? I'm writing my Bachelor's as I speak but I think I'd waste more time learning LaTeX than writing this piece of shit.

Just export it as a PDF

You know that non-underage people might have to share documents and work on them collaboratively, instead of just returning your homework in a format that's readable by your teacher, right?

When microcuck stops being a bunch of cucks and make their standards for their documents more open

>hey user, can you edit this paper for me?

Shit you caught me

if you want use keyboard only maybe you shouldn't use word processors

Stuff like libreoffice and gimp are great for kids and people that only need a subset of the full functionality. Professionals usually need the more advanced features like excel macros and PS stuff

It's hard but it's worth it if any of the following are true:
- You're on a STEM course
- You have lots of pictures
- You're thinking of going further in higher education

Otherwise you can just do it in Markdown

Microshaft Office is their last stable stronghold. They'll never release the secret sauce.

There's also gaymen

Let's be honest here. If the game is not available on Linux, it's most likely shit.

>Available on Linux:
Valve, Civilizations, Dirts, roguelikes, indie games, Super Tux Kart

>Not available on Linux:
forever early access games, new battleroyale game, league of legends, blizzturd games, AAA shovelware

It's allright, I won't tell the mods as long as you don't post AMD vs. Intel threads.

I do tend to like my VNs and jap games but yeah, the Linux library has gotten better over time.

Never.
Microshit spends tons of shekels on schools, literally bribing governments to only use their software, making sure that in IT courses the only thing taught is ms office. At least here in Latvia, this means the kids "learn'' office for 6 years.
That means they must buy it for homework, thus ensuring they will not use libreoffice and other alternatives since it wont be accepted(literally happened to me, had to spend extra hours in high school at the computer class, i have graduated now, thankfully). Thus the indoctrinated children will bring their software to the workplace when they grow up. Since by that point they know everything that could be known in word(word is 60% of each year in school programme). The kids also don't know of any alternatives, no one fucking teaches them that there are other office suites but MS office. That is one of the first things ''learned''. Only office suite is MS.
The children waste their time and are indoctrinated on microshit software.
I know of this as a recent graduate and as both of my parents are teachers.
I am not exaggarting any of this, the only non office things taught were ms paint and some minor definitions.

I know that technically you can open ODF files on office, but the teachers are dumb, so if you need to do your homework on powerpoint, you better have msoffice otherwise it will never run. Since the teachers computers are ms office only.
There are also cross format problems.

I'm studying IT in a respected University and even the professors are too dumb to open ODF-files on Microsoft Word. Can actual IT professionals be too retarded to open a goddamn ODF-file or are they all getting half of their salary from Microsoft?

there's supposed to be a space between value and unit symbol

According to whom?

ISO 80000-1
IEC 60027-1

Since when is LaTeX an office suite?
How to handle spreadsheets with LaTeX?

Do you really know how to end a paragraph in LaTeX?

Image wrapping in Writer is completely fucked, add snapping and better helplines/guide lines. Calc is pretty good, but needs serious performance revamping for complex functions. Some other nitpicks and feature needs too but Libreoffice is getting better. I think they added some GL acceleration or something that fucks shit up on some computers though.

>if you want to use a device specially made for words only maybe you shouldn't use word processors
W E W
E
W

>device specially made for words only
Oh really? Didn't know my keyboard was broken, it only has keys for single characters, maybe I should buy a keyboard with a key for "retard".

>It's hard

I never understood why people think LaTeX is difficult.
99% of what you write is just the content. That's the beauty of LaTeX - you focus all of your time on the content, not the formatting; let the compiler deal with the formatting, then you can correct it where necessary.
You need to learn maybe 5 commands to be able to write most publications, then you can Google "how do I [x] in latex" for the rest.

For your bachelor's thesis, I would strongly recommend that you write it in LaTex and version control it.

>version control it
Our bachelor's is a joke. It's just a short literacy review. I think I'll do it in two or three days and get a great grade.

Even bigger joke is. The school and the field of study are highly respected in my country and I'll get a higher paying job than people actually going to school. I've visited the University

Letters make words. You never knew it, didn't you?
What a poor man, it must be awful to be as dumb as you.