Do developers run rampant in your city?

Do developers run rampant in your city?

I guess in cities like Paris or Milan things are sorted out but are they the same in most cities?

Here they do whatever they want, often get into aguments with city authorities but in the end they don't give a flying fuck about if a building fits into the place or they stall a conctruction for 3-5 years and wait until it's profitable and than start building resulting in a empty, ugly mudhole in the center of a city for few years.

Pic from my city, very related.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brusselization
twitter.com/AnonBabble

C'mon.

those buildings are accepted by the town authorities
the problem is them giving it green light
probably getting bribed

that building is fine, what are you on about

It dosn't fit at all. We have a place for buildings like this somewhere else and they're starting to be build even in places with older buildings which is shit.

old buildings don't fit many people in them lad
if you want proper cities and economic growth you need a labour force that can get to work, e.g. central development

or you can send all the medium/high income workers to the suburbs and run the centre into a slum

Here the city planist sometimes works for one of the developers and pushed through her retarded projects.

Well building like in my imagefits(same city, near that place) much better, we don't have a deficit of land but they just cramp it all in and want to build high and ruin the view.

I fucking hate how developers started to put their logo on their buildings. Looks ugly as shit and contributes to the already huge ad pollution.

Also I don't get what's up with that new trend of black facades. Makes the buildings look like gigantic funeral parlors.

MILAN MENTIONED!!!

>tfw will never be in charge of architecture and building your own city

I wish, sadly I got only shitty sim city games :(

Sometimes it feels like the planists from city authorities are dumber than people who are hobbists.

i heard some people got a butthurt from this building. it was build near old wooden houses and they say it looks like a mausoleum

Where you at my friend?
Here in [spoiler]Warsaw[/spoiler] them developer niggas can do whatever they want, demolishing of officially recognized historic buildings included - only once, like a month ago, one of them got slapped for it (and had the building plot retaken from him).
Not to mention old, post-commie housing associations plopping new buildings wherever they can, be it the parking lot, playground, park, whatever.
Shit's ridiculous.

>looks like a mausoleum
It does, Jesus Christ.

What does the plaque in the second pic say?

Olsztyn, and it's chaos here.l, they build whatever shit they want like this disgusting monstrosity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brusselization

Heard it's a nice city. Too bad for them developers, but they seem to be acting all retarded elsewhere too.
>monstrosity
Ehh, it's just a typical, boring ass, neo-contemporary (or whatever) housing bloc. Can't say much about it, especially since I like me some corbusier-ish blocs.
This erected penis with balls of a building, finished with metal and glass on the other hand...

can't see the whole text, i only see "cultural heritage" and "living house"

I didn't know it has a name. Fitting.

Suspected something like that. A cultural heritage monument in the form of an old, traditional house.
Paired with this ""soulless"" piece of shit slab.
Don't get me wrong, both of those things ought to have their spot, just not necessarily next to one another.

is the new building a living house? i feel sorry for those people who will have their balcony behind this old house

Thread had potential.

The new one is an apartment building, yes.
The old one is a museum.

>look what i made possible when i was working for the local government

It's a great satire for nowdays EU actions.

Is pic related getting knocked down?

>malls of any sort
Absolutely Haram.
Bonus points for it being squeezed between, what looks like, an old ass cathedral and some ruin.
Extra bonus points for looking like a tasteless kids scribble brought to life.

In NYC it's less about building new construction but buying old ones and chasing the poor tenants out. Hashidim tend to dominate this market.

No idea, I'm not from Wrocław.

>Hashidim