strawpoll.me/10914017

Singapore vs Chicago

Quarterfinals Battle 4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv1g3zWKy3Q
grecstudio.com/projects/one-bennett-park.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-Z9IX-mPKeQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This the last battle of Quarterfinals. After it will have some break for regular threads.

Singapore

Wew, don't know who to vote for. Chicago is kind of objectively better by most values, but I have a real soft spot for Singapore.

What's the OP pic of Chicago, by the way? Looks nice.

This, I actually rank Chicago much higher, usually like top 5-6 and Singapore like 9-10 but still Singapore has a really top tier quality when it comes to it's modern architecture. Really it's American cities level, it's not like with the mainland Chinese cities when you have a fuckton of cheap ugly kitschy towers. When I look on Singapore I just really don't want it to lose.

I really like the chicago river

Chicago

I wonder if Chicago is what they modeled the Osaka river skyline after. Just hit me how they look pretty similar, though Osaka's being smaller and much less interesting/historic.

chicago

Singapore

Chicago fag here, that building with the green lights is probably my 2nd favorite skyscraper. 1st being the Sears """""Willis""""" Tower of course.

I'm not really a fan of American skyscrapers but Sears Tower is truly magnificent.

Singapore

youtube.com/watch?v=Cv1g3zWKy3Q

Do really like Chicago but I've like never seen a bad picture of Singapore so its hard

Voted for Chicago.
Also skyline aside, I found Chicago to be cheaper just sayin

rip thred

It was okay

Chicago tore down the old one. They're making it bigger. Should be interesting how it compares to Singapore's

Tbf, I don't think either Ferris Wheel would compare to the London Eye.

this general went to shit
i used to love coming here to see traditional architecture but now is shit

thanks

It's only centered around modernist skylines because that's what the competition is about, like last year's. Since the beginning the general has been about all kinds of architecture, but just now we're doing the annual theme, so we're keeping to that. Koreaboo himself said right at the start here that the threads will be going back to normal for a bit after this one, so there is no need to be so pessimistic. There's quite frankly nothing that has changed here since last year, or even the year before that.

Besides, if you're exclusively into only traditional architecture, this general may not be for you to begin with. Granted that will be provided, but the spotlight will also be on the modern side of things as well.

bump

yes

Going on the theme of skylines, what are all your favorite American skylines other than NYC and Chicago?

oooooo this pic is soooo nice. thank u for posting. Also, Singapore is my vote

oh my, this is very beautiful.

nice

well, and you can chew gum in chicago. and they have deep dish. however, i voted for Singapore...butttttt chicago is pretty great, too. arrrggghhhh!

This is under construction in Chicago.

grecstudio.com/projects/one-bennett-park.html

Seattle, naturally. Then San Francisco after that.

I also find Dallas, Minneapolis and even Detroit to be pretty aesthetic skylines too, even if they're in the smaller class.

>Yeah, too bad Seattle's main building's design was stolen from the Stratosphere

Yeah, Detroit is good with the Renaissance Center; Houston is decent, especially with Enron's former headquarters. Atlanta currently has the tallest building in the US outside the two, but Miami might overtake it.

Indianapolis 2bh

why

disgusting 2bh

Chicago fag here, I'd say Miami

Pretty good

From Portland, but I my favourite is definitely Seattle.

I also like Pittsburgh and San Francisco.

Does anyone else ITT watch J Utah's videos?

He records himself driving through large American and Canadian cities and it's incredibly comfy.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Z9IX-mPKeQ

Bumpin'

bangkok