Let's say you have a car...

Let's say you have a car, about two thousand dollars in rubles and your task is to ride across Russia from North to South, from St. Petersburg to Sochi. Would you have the courage to do this journey alone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8r94gooSsCc
youtube.com/watch?v=w0hurJKOTpU
youtube.com/watch?v=7DljgSrTbNE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would certainly try

Yes

I would get mugged before I even leave spb

I'd give it a go, sure.

Only during summer.

Would there be a particular route that would be more angloboo than others? St Petersburg and Sochi probably have more than a few English speakers I guess.

I'd much rather pocket the money (2000 rubles is what, 5€?) and drive back to finland

You have a driver's license? Do you have experience of road travel? A minimal understanding of the Russian language and Russian traffic rules?
I think in Australia, five kilometers from Melbourne, kangaroos will rape you, Satan. Joke.

Yes, why? Is it difficult or something?

Backpacker hostels, Navman and remember to drive on the right. She'll be apples mate

>Russian traffic rules
lol

>Russian traffic rules?

the green route and the most simple. Only a Federal highway.
Read the post above and think about it.

>Traffic rules

Чтo?

>Russian traffic rules

If the car is made by Russians, no.
If the car is made by Japan, yes.

Of course. Drive on the left, on purpose, to make life difficult for the inhabitants of the countries of the British Commonwealth. And always give way to the tank.

I have a Russian dictionary from like 30 years ago so ill be ok

>tank

Can I drive a tank down Russian roads?

Cote d'Alkozur

Why not? It will be very extreme.

>Russians drive tanks through their highways

Will she be with me?

>russian cars
>get stuck easily
>you have no help in deep forests when winter season
>die

>from St. Petersburg to Sochi
???
Baby tier route tbн

only if you are the commander of a tank battalion.
Only near the plant tanks or tank training ground.

Russia is very sex.

Chill out, grandpa. This photo is already 30-40 years.
>russian cars
>get stuck easily
You obviously don't know everything about Russian cars. And secondly - the majority of Russian drivers know how to pull the car if it is stuck.

>Would you have the courage to do this journey alone?
no, no matter alone or not

A пoчeмy бы и нeт? Пyтeшecтвиe из кaлинингpaдa в мaгaдaн - этo cлишкoм хapдкopнo.

how insane would it be to do kalingrad to vladisvostok?

Пpocтo в OП-пocтe oпиcaнo, бyдтo этo aдoвo иcпытaниe

youtube.com/watch?v=8r94gooSsCc

I actually don't know much about Russian cars. My idea is come from muh stereotype.
Have Russian cars been improved recently?

> the majority of Russian drivers know how to pull the car if it is stuck.
literally, what do you do if your car is stuck in a middle of deep forest alone?

what the fuck
russia is hell on earth
literally

Sounds extremely interesting

I'd put Support Putin stickers all over the car and everything should be fine

Kaliningrad isn't connected to the rest of Russia so it would be impossible. You're welcome to try when baltics become ours tho.

There is a Polish dude who did similar thing, except that he had no car, less money, and went from Poland to Eastern Siberia and back.
youtube.com/watch?v=w0hurJKOTpU

its not like you cant cross a border
if im already allowed to be in russia i can go through the baltics easy since im an EU citizen

No crazier than the average job trucker. But for the tourist, the foreigner is an extreme journey, especially in winter.
Дa гдe тaм тaкoe нaпиcaнo? Пpocтoй вoпpoc - хвaтил ли cмeлocти и вce.
Well, Lada seems to have been improved, although it is still a joke as a piece of shit. But the Moskvich from AZLK factory(the machine is pictured with a girl) in Soviet times was created a good machine that can serve for 30-40 years with proper care.

i seen this before
gonna watch the whole thing now

>cross a border
You're ruining the idea.

>about two thousand dollars in rubles

So the car is literally filled to brim with money

Depending on how stuck. In a pool or not, in the sand, just in the pit. The simplest way is to take a digging tool and cut the nearest tree. To make it lag. Put it under the wheel. To leave the pit.

what idea? im still going on a huge journey

You will look like a naive fool. I'm serious.

it would probably boring for a non-slav to watch because you can't relate to most of the stuff he talks about

but some scenes are nice
siberia is really beautiful

>about two thousand dollars in rubles
That's just about 250 bills.
The idea of not crossing the borders.

First look photos of Russian roads: A 166, M 53, M 55, M 60.

No, I would be stabbed by slavs as soon as they see me.

its not boring at all, i think im getting a lot of the same feels твн
very good video.
are russians really that friendly?
well ive crossed countless borders in my life so i guess the idea of not crossing a border means very little to me

oh, I used the word, stuck, for a meaning that your car is broken somewhere in deep forest where you can't use cellphone, and no other cars drive around you.

About friendly Russians as friendly as everyone else. But it seems to me that Americans do not understand that in the way you can stumble on a cheater, thief, murderer...Although it seems to me that in America they should be enough, judging by the American movies and series.

>are russians really that friendly?
he said that russians in general are very helpful and hospitable
but he also got hit few times, and once was threatened with a knife for being a supposed NATO spy

sounds like what id expect from russians
>nato spy
lol

Depends on what broke. Spark plugs, alternator belt.... Given that Russia must pass inspection once a year and every driver prefers to monitor the condition of the car, a serious breakdown can occur in the event of an accident. The easiest way to get out of the car and walk to the nearest village on foot and to hire a tractor.

>Implying you're not one.
>Implying any not Russian poster here isn't one.
I'm not that dumb m8, I know what you are plotting.

>was threatened with a knife for being a supposed NATO spy
A common joke for the drunk. With a knife.

fuck no

Moscow pussy.

good thinking right here

In General, in Russia the drivers have a good habit to take with you just in case: Taser, pepper spray, bat, knife, sapper shovel, axe. The mount is also nice, especially if you're a trucker. You never know what can happen on the road.

if you are interested, he also has a series where he hitchhikes through the balkans, turkey, georgia, southern russia etc., but didn't get to watch it yet so don't know if it's good

At least you can actually buy a spark plug nowadays as opposed to in 1985 when you'd wait six months for one to come from the Lada plant.

I wouldn't drive across my own country, much less a foreign one.

>russia
>Taser

Just no. They are illegal here

im not from a nato citizen tb h

im watching his series right now
quite inspiring, wonder what itd be like to do that as an irish person

Good. Tasers are bullshit. Essentially a cheat button used by cops to win the game without actually playing it.

I put it more precisely - shock baton.
And I would run over your country. On the tank. Joke.
In 1985 you could buy candles from a Lada the same way. Just not in the shop, and the mechanic who stole from the factory.
>southern russia
Went to watch.

>Went to watch.
actually, i checked it out right, he also goes through kazakhstan, kirgistan, mongolia and china

I can't say anything about Mongolia, but hitchhiking in Kyrgyzstan to go pretty extreme.

No way. Here's a cool song about the effect of Russian roads on foreigners

youtube.com/watch?v=7DljgSrTbNE

I'd think the vast majority of Soviet auto parts were going to the military anyway.

My parents did that shit like 5 times (from Moscow though), whats the problem?

So.. it seems very difficult to walk to the nearest village when temp is like -30C.
Do you put a blanket in your car so that you can survive until someone helps you?

In Russia there are a lot of jokes about the military sell something to other people. Understand me?

lol I read "One Soldier's War in Chechnya" and they were selling their ammo to the locals. Wild shit

Пoвap cпpaшивaeт пoвapa....
в глyхoй лec,
If you went alone into a deep forest in winter, - 30 C, on the car that could break so serious that assistance will have to walk - that you're suicidal. Or idiot. You should always be cautious. But if that happened, then either you fix the car or go on foot.

I advise you to read "don't give Vodka to the pilots"(Boдки лeтчикaм нe дaвaть) - the author Zagortsev and read "shoot"(Paccтpeлять!) - author Alexander Pokrovsky. I'm not sure that there are translations in English, but Yandex translator can help. The second book is very funny.

"The first Soviet ballistic missile, the A-1, was a direct clone of the German V-2 rocket. During test launches at Kapustin Yar in the early '50s, it was discovered that soldiers and other personnel at the site were helping themselves to the rockets' ethyl alcohol fuel. Consequently, it was replaced with poisonous methyl alcohol to discourage this behavior."

Thanks, I'll look them up. I enjoy reading firsthand about Russian military stuff- the Spetsnaz book by the defector guy was very interesting as well

R-1 missile. My bad. A-1 was the German designation.

I often think that climate heavily influences culture. If America was mostly cold wasteland with little access to the sea instead of nice farmland, we might have a very different culture

What? It's logical. And anyway, 20 years ago a bottle of vodka a liquid currency served all over the former Soviet Union. Money has lost its purchasing power, and a bottle of vodka is always a bottle of vodka.
If this book Suvorov - better do not read. 50 % of the text is a lie or fiction. By the way I love to read the memoirs of Americans about the war in Vietnam. With interest I saw the film adaptation of "Chikenhawk"

wouldn't you be a canada then?

>cold wasteland
But on the other hand in Russia there are no sharks, no tornado, no alligators, earthquakes rare thing.
Wyoming? Minnesota?

true. generally, cold climate makes cultures where people behave strict, and warm climate makes cultures where people behave loose.

>no sharks, no tornado, no alligators, earthquakes rare thing
None of those things affect more than 5% of the population except sometimes earthquakes, which are seriously rare. Nobody lives in Wyoming and Minnesota I can't explain except that it was settled recently by Scandis and anyone who gets mean and depressed there can just move to Florida where the alligators are
90% of leafs live right along the US border where it's relatively cozy. They have a huge amount of land but it's all basically uninhabited
I thought Japan was pretty warm

it wasn't a joke though

The north island of Japan (Hokkaido) is the same latitude with Maine state, and the south island of Japan is the same latitude with Florida.
Maybe, you are living northern part of the US?

Yeah in tropical climates like Brazil people are just interested in fucking all the time and that makes them dissipated and lazy. Sex is easier in warm weather anyway when people wear fewer clothes.

Yes

I'd also fight against the hohols for awhile.

Yes, Pacific Northwest. Maine is cold and for fishermen. Soon I will visit Korea, where it is Autumn and pleasant

>None of those things affect more than 5% of the population
I thought much more. American films of all time exaggerating.
By the way in a cold climate has its advantages. In winter the balcony(loggia) apartment becomes one big refrigerator.

Those things are very interesting and do exist here, but are not common- just like US mafias, police adventure, winning lottery, etc in films
>In winter the balcony(loggia) apartment becomes one big refrigerator.
Yes but there are advantages to the bad things here as well. Alligators = garbage disposal. Tornadoes = garbage disposal. Sharks = garbage disposal. And earthquakes are opportunity to build beautiful new buildings and reduce urban population density

sure why not. might be even a pleasant trip, if I hide my money and only use it sparingly, so I don't get robbed

>Alligators = garbage disposal.

Well they have been failing their job in Florida.

A west-east trip from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok would be even more fun.

This is why swimming in the everglades should be encouraged more than it is