How are studying habits in your country?

How are studying habits in your country?

It's normal for students to study up to 8 or 10 hours a day, here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hlq2kcYQcLc
youtube.com/watch?v=9RArGl2vkGI
youtube.com/watch?v=bv0_AvkZmY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No

Perfectly normal if you're a chink or a madrasi (street shitter from southern India)

>studying
Here we have a word "desemmerda-te", which means "unshit yourself".

Read books half an hour before the test. If you can't do it under pressure and with fragmented knowledge so that it poses a challenge during, you're not doing it right.

The key is being able to extrapolate from incomplete information. That's how you are forced to discover new things. Improvisation and problem solving are more noble than memorisation or mechanisation.

Studying is cheating. Of course, we are poor because of this. It's all or nothing for us.

considering that im a living canadian asian stereotype, I study most of the day near exams. Breaks are only taken to eat and unwind for a bit

The students aiming at the pass to leading universities are about 10% of all high school studetns.
And, they begin study for examination from summer vacation at the 3 years in high school and will study from 8 for 10 hours everyday during the summer vacation
However, 90% of high school students are unrelated to such a study.

By the way, though the girls in that pic are like students of a beauty school, do they make a very hard study every day?

>all those ugly gooks are considered attractive in japan
Wtf I hate nips now

Quick lads, post your

>major
>GPA
>how many hours you study a week

> That's typical jap

>>major
I study ur mums vagoo
>>GPA
>>how many hours you study a week

Sorry, my English ability is meager.
It means beautician training school.

Maybe 10-5% of students in America actually study (as in consistently and not just before a test). Luckily we don't have the messed up rote memorization school system like Asians do, so it takes less studying to do well while still understanding the concepts just fine.

3.9, Mechanical Engineering, varies but it's a lot since i'm in a competitive program

Holy shit we are so much alike

to be fair, skimming text and improvising is a really good skill to have

>top Japanese students study that fucking much
>Japanese professionals still make only half as much as American professionals

with that much effort you guys should be rich as fuck, how flawed is your school system if that much studying doesn't even give you an edge over Americans (we barely even try)?

We have a more common but less harsh word "desenrascar", which has no proper translation, but roughly means to MacGyver yourself out of a situation.

It's a very manly (when it works) but risky attitude, not always shared by the Anglos, and NEVER present with the krauts/nords. When they don't plan for something they start shaking or some shit. Once I was in a German hotel and asked late to be included in the breakfast list, and the poor woman started stressing out, and ended up telling me they couldn't because they had bought the exact amount of bread or something. I was amused more than mad, and just went out, but that stayed one with me. Fucking krauts.

We end up making great individual engineers, but poor managers, which is why we are where we are.

Oh well, at least we have sun and Bacalhau.

They have a very minimal culture, just look at the houses they live in.

Other than Otaku shit and other hobbies they probably don't spend that much money. A lot of them don't even get cars.

We call it "Bullemielernen"
Eat it all up, throw it up on the paper, get out to drink beer

Whoa, I graduated doing this. I though I was the only one.

I remember "discovering" the Euclid algorithm in the middle of one exam for information technology. I felt pretty proud afterwards, even if my grande wasn't that high.

In fact, I studied algorithm development and never memorised any algorithm besides the basic ones by name. In some contests I did, some guys came to me to discuss what I had done here or there to solve this or that, and if I used Algorithm A or B and I was always at a loss.

"So, what did you do in the first challenge? Algo A or Algo B?"
"I did this this and this"
"Yeah that's algorithm A"
"Oh. I did that, then"

Life's too short to memorise stuff.

It depends
In some universities it may be perfectly normal to devote all your hours to study and/or courses for at least 90% of the academic year
In mine I used to pursue at least 8 pomodoro/day (plus courses) (1 pomodoro=half an hour) every day during lessons and 12~16 pomodoro/day during exam sessions. During lessons, these may take 5~6 hours already.
Staring at a book for 10 hours is entirely worthless, the brain has to keep diverse interests to keep it up and to be productive as well.

The target is usually 150 pages / day (100 new, 50 repeated) from the manuals but it depends on the subjects, pretty obviously. I usually collaborate with colleagues to convert all the lessons in comfy pdf form, 1 hour of lesson needs at least another hour and half to transcript it in an already existent (libre)office document created during the lesson; usually I did that job during my commute (2hr total by train)

In high school, studying more than 4 hours/day is inane, unless you're having an exam soon or an interrogation.
In summer vacation in high school nobody studies, it would be inane - we anyway land in university at 19, which is considered usually an older age than many western countries.

delet

>*unsheathes talons*
>*teleports above you*
"noth'n personal canuck"
>*death grips throat
"I guess freedom was to much for you to handle"
>*flies away with six foot wingspan*

Well it depends. They say our korean schoolhouse is south Korea so I mean study habits are insane. I study like 3 hours a night at least not counting the 1.5 hours of hw a day. Our 선생님들 also have crazy good work ethics. Such is life.

poetry

I warned you yank

youtube.com/watch?v=hlq2kcYQcLc
youtube.com/watch?v=9RArGl2vkGI

eagle? more like seagull

merely canadian propaganda

>major
CS(IS)
>GPA
3.5 out of the maximum 4
>how many hours you study a week
One credit is 50 minutes/lesson/week, and I'm taking twenty, so that makes 1000 minutes so around 16 hours a week. Adding review time and other shit necessary for maintaining my scores it comes up to about 20 hours. I'm studying some UI shit like Qt independently which I can invest up to 6 hours a week for.

I'm not so much blown away by its majesty as I would be lowkey terrified of it ripping my face off

hahahahahaha that one landwhale

I didn't study at all. Now I'm in college instead of university.

Although you aren't a Lolita complex you should be fascinate by this dance.
youtube.com/watch?v=bv0_AvkZmY0

lmao same, computer systems technician

I just hope it's enough to get a job that'll allow me to live near Toronto or near a TTC station

I sure hope these 5 5s are a good luck sign

>Those quints wasted on a technician pleb.

Why don't you man up and upgrade to computer systems technology?

Also, there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to find a tech support job in Toronto.

what would you say is the most important distinction between the two

I live in rural/cottage country in Ontario so the only goal I really have in life is to get to the city, even if it's a closet sized apartment. I hate living in the middle of nowhere so that's all I'm hopeful for honestly

99,9 % couldn't care less.
O,09% study some meme art school and are just high all the time
0,01% actually study like a virgin Japanese to get as much shekels as possible
t. engineer working at a investment bank

wew I really hate this pic. those women look fucking stupid

Technology has more schooling and includes co-op, so you'll graduate with work experience. It's about an extra year, maybe a little more.

I don't study, I take it easy. I still manage to get good grades in everything, maybe I'm just smarter than everybody else.

but if u study a bit and then go to anglo uni you can make easy six figures $$$$

>>major
Chemical engineering
>>GPA
>>how many hours you study a week
About four or five last semester and that was for one class. I have terrible study.

Nah

Normal.
Its normal to work 2-3 jobs after graduation.

So, no, you aint special japan.

>he won't become the member of the family that goes to prestigious anglo uni and makes his parents proud
>he won't land six figures while still in his 20's and gain the respect of all his peers in chile
>he won't start a family in a comfy upper-middle class american neighborhood
>he won't be able to get his kids into a great american public school due to not being in a comfy american neighborhood
>his kids won't grow up to also go to prestigious anglo unis
>he won't be the start of a well educated and well off family line
>he will throw this all away so he can be a NEET in Chile and sustain his basic lifestyle

America is shit

Swede on vacation in Japan

Every girl i talk to says that she barely studies because she spends almost all of her free time slaving away at her baito

>NEET in Chile
impossible unless your parents pay all your debts, our maximum welfare is $120 per month, even for people with disabilities

Varies a tonne between people. I know people that study for 10+ hours per week. Personally I never touch my books unless a test is coming and even then it's like 2-4 hours max.

Heh, I was a neet for 4 years. Just lived with my parents doing nothing.

I think you MIGHT have looked at the wrong zoomed-in clipping.

Then again, maybe I'm just slow and you said they're in a beautician school and not a beauty school for a reason. The reason is of course DAT FAT ASS.

Unless of course the aforementioned features can be significantly refined.

baito?

That would require a tremendous amount of willpower

CS
3.5 out of 5, 3 is minimum to pass
0, unless there is a test, then it's around 4-8

i wish i was more motivated but i just can't

Almost everyone applies for a bachelor's degree, not less.
Men do it to evade the army, everyone else because it's hard to find a job without at least bachelor's or spetsialitet.

One key element of studying efficiently is intuition and flexibility.
The kind of things that let you immediately understand what a "beauty school" is intended to be in a board where most don't speak english as first language.

Part-time job. Spelled baito or arubaito; it's originally a German word.

Studying is for empty-headed dweebs who want to become STEM autists at Melbourne University. I applied roughly a late-primary school level of effort for most of year 12 and still got to go where I wanted.

>It's normal for students to study up to 8 or 10 hours a day, here.

No it's not. Japan isn't Korea. Go home Chung Kim Hee.

Up until university I only studied before tests and exams. Even then my "studying" was just looking through the textbook an hour before.

In comp eng now and after nearly failing first semester I started to do review questions every now and then plus a couple of days more before tests.

Ah yes, good ol' arbeit.

To put in perspective, some kids here technically have more 'work hours' in a day than their parents.

I did this to get a 4.0 GPA in International Economics, good times.

In Japanese high school, a period lasts 50 minutes and six period a day.
And after school, some attend club activities, some are hard at part-time jobs,
some have a passion for a volunteer and some are fooling around.

In schools for bright persons, some student begin study for the entrance exam since 1st years.
In those schools, classes are held assuming preparing for tomorrow's lesson so the students study independently.