Why are we the only ones who ever get shit for being monolingual? Isn't it also true for every other Anglo country?

Why are we the only ones who ever get shit for being monolingual? Isn't it also true for every other Anglo country?

You're just the biggest targets

CAAARRRLOSSS

We're trilingual and we're still shit

don't fall for the memes

I think there is a very large bilingual population in the United States

first post best post

Well done my brother. May allah bless.

WEW

But like 30% of your population already speaks Spanish, you're less monolingual than the UK or Australia.

>that flag
>that post
are you fucking kidding me?

You're the largest and most diverse of the Anglosphere
Prove me wrong

Almost trilingual here. Got 2 languages down and working quickly on 3rd. Why not learn another langauges? It's awesome and so reawrding.

canada is bigger твн

whats your strategy for language learning?
also what languages?

anime y duolingo psh

German and working on korean. Except with korean it's at a pace 15x that of college.
My strategy? I dunno just study. I have a knack for languages. Also helps that I go to the best language school in the world

Also, if I was a native english speaker, I wouldn't bother learning any other language too, tobh

either*

>tfw I sometimes say I can speak 4 languages
>I live in Finland
>I can only speak ENglish and Swedish
>French and Finnish is meh
embarrassing

are you a fennoswede?

speak for yourself, user. many americans on this board are usually bilingual if not multilingual

yes, why do you even ask lol?

feels comfy that Americans on the internet are aware of this weird subculture scandinavians in this land of mongols

I speak English and French, but I "speak" Mandarin, by which I mean I can stumble through ordering chow mein at a restaurant and hit on girls in Mandarin until their either leave or start speaking in English.

>inb4 hur dur go homu chinaman diaspora
not a drop of eastern blood in me, thx for asking

i'd think that fennoswedes would have good finnish
åland i suppose?

Language classes are mandatory in every Anglo nation, but I feel like the difference between us and the subhumans who dwell elsewhere is that most kids in our countries will drop it after school unless they really enjoy learning languages or have a career plan that incorporates them. English is the only language you need on this planet so Europeans have slave away at it since all their favourite entertainment is in English.

åland has their own flag

Those are probably mostly inmigrants.

being an immigrant that was forced to learn English doesn't count