/generals/

wtf is the point of half of Sup Forums's generals? do /sviergetraden/ and /norgetraden/ really need to be seperate? and why the fuck does /carib/ only exist late at night? we need to narrow down to ten generals or so and use the rest of the threads for something productive

> we need to narrow down to ten generals or so

/deutsch/
/brit/
/cum/
/lat/
/luso/
/mämmi/
Norgetråden+Sverigetråden
/balt/+/ausnz/
/mena/
/ita/

That's all we need.

>no /fr/

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

/cum/ should merge with /brit/ to form /anglo/ or whatever. Mexicans belong in /lat/.

There's no point having multiple anglo generals. There should just be /fiveeyes/ or /anglo/ or whatever. Mexico should join in with /lat/

Also you forgot the containment thread for Pole's and other Eastern Europeans.

I want /mex/

REAL generals.

This is based on 2013 and before Sup Forums

>/lat/
>/sweden or skandi threads/
>/anglosphere/ (no more /brit/ this time)
>/ex-yu/
>/deutsch/
>/francophone/

Everyone else should just post normally, maybe have a spotlight thread of their country once in a while.

how about
/deutsch/
/asean/
/cum/
/brit/
/lat/
/luso/
Sverigetråden
/balt/+/ausnz/
/mena/
/flag/tism

> /flag/tism
"no"

>/balt/+/ausnz/
shouldn't exist

>/flag/tism
shouldn't exist

/ex-yu/ then?

That defeats the purpose. If we're gonna have generals, they should be segregated by language/linguistic ties. It's the only good reason for them to exist. People can be exposed to foreign languages on a regular basis here because of them. You speak Spanish as a first language presumably, so /lat/ should be your home general, and then whoever feels the need can post in whatever general with whatever language. If we're just doing it to segregate solely because of geography or country, there's no fucking point in having an international board.

Generals are literally reððit culture and do not belong on Sup Forums

Brits and Americans can never share a general

Would be literally nothing about Brits complaining about yanks the entire thread as they try to talk to each other about Tim and the weather

Absolutely tucking hate them

>tucking
what

*fucking

I FUCKING hate them

Throw in Canada, NZ, and AUS and it would be fine. But you're right, the reason /fiveeyes/ doesn't exist is because a lot of Brits are shitheads and want a general that just revolves around them.

What's /ex-you/?

I don't see the problem with them as long as there isn't an overabundance

Sup Forums is the only board on Sup Forums where they can speak their native language, let them have one general

Some slaveshit general

for some reason /cum/ loves the idea but /brit/ and /ausnz/ hate it

I don't post in /cum/ but in all fairness it is an active quasi-community, I think it does serve a bit as containment not to have it's posters overwhelm others.

B-but I need you

We need based Easterman to purge the cancer known as generals from Sup Forums once again

If we're going to keep generals we need an Anglo general without Brits and the Irish because they're the absolute most abysmal posters on this board

Everyone else who is from an English speaking country would be welcome

>/lat/
It's all simpsons memes and JAJAJASJAKSJSS

No real discussion most of the time like in /cum/.

How about not forgetting /fr/? You know, the language with 100+ million speakers whose general gathers people from 5 to 10 countries every time?

It's actually one of the best generals when the Québécon doesn't post.

/deutsch/
/anglo/
/luso/
/lat/
/mämmi/
Norgetråden+Sverigetråden
/easteuro/+/balt/
/mena/
/ita/
/fr/
/asean/

There can never be an Anglo thread, there already would be one if so

Brits are fucking awful and the feeling is mutual, we do not like each other, we'll be the first people laughing on Sup Forums at the inevitable mass terror attack in London for fucks sake

Don't you hate Mexicans too?

Only ironically

Unironically hate brits

boo hoo

Haha nice

we need to revive /BRWCREW/

aka

countries with Blue/Red/White flags in one general

it was fun

Truest post in this thread

Nah once again that involves Brits

Honesty need to ignore them until they fuck off back to britfa.gs

No matter what /brit/ and /lat/ have to stay, they exist to contain cancer

I post in /lat/ bruh, no worries. Plus you can unironically post wherever the fuck you want lmao

There's no panslavic language ameridumb

/intg/ when? Sup Forums should be entirely devoted to productive shitposting.

What about fist fighting

Pretty Slavic way of getting a point across

ЗABAЛИ EБAЛO ПИHДOC EБAHЫЙ CУКA БЛЯДЬ, ПOКA HE УEБAЛ C HOГИ B TAБЛO

Whoa please don't hit me

I'm sorry lad. The big mistake was an American starting the thread. It needs to be a Brit or Aussie for it to take off.

My mom said I shouldn't hit mentally crippled people.

Dare you to name a single general more cancerous than /lat/

/brit/, in a different way

CYKA BLYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I regularly start hamdog /brit/ threads and they post

Absolutely impossible, I think.

Not even /brit/, at least they don't take over threads that have anything related to their particular region.

whats that

Same

/brit/ can at least write coherent sentences most of the time and its problem is that actual brits barely post there now. Also can't be worse than a place that's filled by Taringa browsers (aka argie/latin american Reddit), Simpsons posters and non-argies that want to sound like argies.

Men jeg liker jo ikke engang svensker

I know that this has been brought to the mods attention previously or whatever, but seeming as how there are no specific rules regarding generals on this board I'm not sure what we can do.
You guys should push for mod approval of whatever conclusion you come to cause we definitely need a change.
Personally I think single-country generals at least should be barred. It's fucking stupid and defeats the entire purpose of this board. Like do fucking Italy, Netherlands, Finland, Germany, Sweden, Norway and all those fucks really need their own thing?
/cum/ and /balt/+/ausnz/ might be full of shitposting but at least I'm actually befriending anons from other countries and learning about where they live. Those single country euro generals are the real cancer. Nothing about that is "international."

>I'm actually befriending anons from other countries

Also neder is Netherlands + Flanders.

>norge/sverigetraden
>no nederdraad

Generally speaking, we could use more generals and less \generals\ senpai

>wanting to talk to people from other countries is fedora tier
>meanwhile you hide in your dutch autist circlejerk all day

sorry I made fun of your hugbox m8, just being honest

Maybe you should be a bit more open minded, we're other people with other customs, racist.

None of the English language generals should exist, infact you should get banned for using English.

You're butthurt cause english is the lingua franca and you like having a hugbox where only you and your kin know what the fuck is going on.
Nobody is stopping you from speaking your language outside of your general, as was originally intended.

Sup Forums is also about learning languages and there's a regular /ita/ poster who uses it to practice Italian, so /ita/ is very Sup Forums related unlike most of the generals which are just useless chatrooms

Honestly what the fuck is with /lat/ and that simpsons shit? I just don't get it

/luso/

>Ablublublu Stop talking in another language in a totally different thread that isn't bothering me.
Leaf posters really are shit.

They are taringa (Argentine reddit) underage autists. Some people find them funny simply because they don't understand them, but their """humor""" is the "lol so random" kind that belongs in Sup Forums.

I don't know why mods never delet their cancer off-topic circlejerk. Nothing is ever discussed there beyond, CHI, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ and simpsons.

Yeah cause you guys are totally open to foreigners coming in that want to learn Norweigan, right?
Fuck off you utter autist you know that's not what it's about.

Look up the latest tråd, the american(s?) and the miscellaneous other foreign posters are treated fairly well.
Don't expect us to know what language resources are best for learning Norwegian though.

We should sort generals by language, 90% of the board is in English, so we need no anglo general
Which leaves us with
/v4/ +other eastern yuro shitholes
/scandi/
/mämmi/
/fr/
/deutsch/
/luso/
/rus/
/ex-yu/
/lat/
/ita/
/tr/
/mena/ if they start using fucking Arabic
and the japan weeb thread, which is probably the best general because people actually learn a language there

/ita/ is, see

This

This is pretty true, and the only real reasons for generals to exist here

An Anglo general would be fucking awful - Brits, Americans, Canadians and Aussies being the majority of the posters. If you throught /brit/ was bad, this would be a whole other level.

The argument for single Euro generals is language, and I'm fine with that - even the Balkans and the Ex-Yugoslavs team up to lessen the load. If you combined the Nordic threads, even without Finland, they'd be fast as fuck, and not really fair to those who don't know their neighbour's languages.

I can see a case for /neder/, there's a lot of countries worldwide that speak Dutch, and the community in Belgium too

>This is pretty true

Presumably one could combine the Skandi-threads since the languages are so similar. But is it really a matter of lack of space on the board? Is the goal to slow down the board to /diy/-standards?

>/mena/ if they start using fucking Arabic
fuck off

Nah, the goal is to encourage generals taking up less of the board. Sup Forums is pretty fast already compared to the rest of the boards, so it's not like the space created by having less generals wouldn't be filled.

It's not a huge problem as some make it out to be though. There's maybe only 20 or so generals - if they were taking up over half of the board, then there'd be a real problem.

Well, consider this, Sverigetråden is to /norgetråden/ what /lat/ is to /cum/. I mean, the language barrier isn't the problem. It's the shitposting that gets me.

I get what you're saying. There's completely different types of shitposting going on in each one, and it's not mutually intelligible. As I said, the amount of generals is not really a problem just now (and I don't see it being one in the future).

>It's all simpsons memes and JAJAJASJAKSJSS
t. has never visited /lat/, we don't bartpost anymore

>Why the fuck does /carib/ only exist at night?
Because we fucking go outside and have lives during the day

the fucks that orange thing?

>implying there is anything wrong with bartposting