/lakes/

LAKES THREAD

Post a picture of your country's largest, or deepest lake. You can also post any interesting fact about a lake in your country!

There's barely lakes in Alaska compared to Canada wtf.

RIP aral sea

Great Bear lake is the largest lake by surface area entirely contained within Canada.

Great Slave Lake, just south of Great Bear Lake.

It is the deepest lake in North America.

Those floating houses look real comfy.

yeah, looks like there's a pretty cute houseboat community going on there

Baikal.

You know Baikal is the deepest lake in the world? And has the most fresh water!

And...? Everyone knows it.

This one was a mine.

Not outside of Russia, only people who are big into nature documentaries and such

There are over 100 000 lakes in sweden that are larger than 100x100m

Our capital city is built on the 3rd largest lake, Mälaren

Type "unsubscribe" to unsubscribe from swedish lake facts

Outside of Russia no one needs to know about it. The less others know about Russia, the better it is.

lake windermere

Balaton, the largest lake in Central Europe

Wew

Is Russia getting sensitive again?

Does the caspian sea really count as a lake though.

Sometimes lake, sometimes salt

The Caspian Sea isn't really a lake. It has an oceanic basin.

was there last summer
It sucked, literally nothing special about that lake

Lake Taupo, biggest in Oceania apparently. Has some good trout in it too.

Lac Léman or Lake of Geneva which is on the franco-swiss border.

They get very upset when outsiders realise what a giant shithole russia is. They're very sensitive about it so please no bullying.

Sometimes pink

>Finnish Lakeland or Finnish lake district (Finnish: Järvi-Suomi, "Lake Finland", Swedish: Insjöfinland) is the largest of the four landscape regions into which the geography of Finland is divided.

>Saimaa is a lake in southeastern Finland. At approximately 4,400 square kilometres (1,700 sq mi), it is the largest lake in Finland, and the fourth largest natural freshwater lake in Europe.

Lake Taupo is also a the most active Supervolcano

see

There is a pastel blue lake in Mt Gambier. No one really knows why it is this blue, or why it's only this colour at certain times of year.

Isn't Yellowstone a wee tad more active given how overdue it is? I might be wrong, maybe it's not more active. (yet)

Ok great glad we got that cleared up.

Lake Nigel, 2 miles east of Stoke-on-Trent.

This is not Stoke-on-trent

Would be surprised if its even UK

>google image search
>Mount Robson Provincial Park is a vast provincial park in the Canadian Rockies with an area of 2,249 km2. The park is located entirely within British Columbia, bordering Jasper National Park in Alberta.
Not UK but still pretty cool.

Pic related

Wtf i love Canada now.

Yes it is, although it's hidden away in a council estate so you might have missed it.

You're a bloody liar.

Who /tiny and cute/ here?

This is ours. It's a bit small and temperamental, but great fun to swim and sail in.

But really we have no lakes. Actually, I've never thought about this until now, are the big Lakes salt or fresh water?

Oh wait, I remembered we have two small twin lakes in the Azores. One is green and the other is blue.

I've actually been there and it's beautiful.

We don't have many relevant continental lakes because we all live close to the sea.

>are the big Lakes salt or fresh water?
Glacial ones trend to fresh, less cold ones trend to salt. For a lake to be a freshwater lake it needs to have an outflow and a fairly large inflow. Warm areas usually can't into stable inflows.

Have a 'lake'

That all makes sense. Cheers.

We also have these "lakes" that are just big enough to be landscape for a rich building like pic related that are very pretty, but they don't fit the OP question, I don't think.

Moderate kek on Lake disappointment.

No. Russia will again raise the iron curtain and begin to bombard the city of Finnish assholes with Molotov cocktails.

Blue dragon lake

WTF, I love Portugal now.

But it's a Blue Dragon River*

That's a fucking pond not a lake you dense cunt

Fucking moortugese I swear

>my intestine: this river

Oh yeah, I forgot the word. They are both called "Lago" here, so disregard it.

Loch Ness is the largest lake by volume in the UK.

Loch Morar is the deepest lake in the UK.