People who say celtic as "seltic" instead of keltic

>people who say celtic as "seltic" instead of keltic

you mean quéltic

I always thought it's seltic, never heard anyone say it out loud. English makes no sense

It's Keltic, but for some reason Americans call a particular sports team "The Selltiks"

seltic sounds way cooler

why not write it with k then.

because complexity in language makes us smarter
my friend cedric said so

UP CFC, RANGERS OUT

I remember my English teacher used to stress it out back in highschool. Good days.

>Keltic FC
Nah, that doesn't sound right

>keltic
English language, everyone

AHHHHHHH MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE

It's Celtic but for some reason Irish think it's Keltic

>Charles is pronounced normally
>Charlotte is pronounced "Sharlotte" despite being spelled Charlotte

>americans pronounce Charlotte as Sharlot instead of Sharlotte

It's a French name
French Ch is an English Sh

I heard you can pronounce it both ways because the various celtic tribes pronounced it differently.

It is pronounced "keltsky" in Russian, so I always assumed it's the same in English (the "k").

>people who say cyrrilic as "syrrilic" instead of kyrrilic

I've heard it's just an old retardation with the letter "c"

I'm from New England but out of principle of retards pronouncing "Celtics" wrong, I do not support that Basketball team

charlotte is the female version of the name charles you mudslime

Kedris?

Both are common English pronunciations that vary by dialect.

It's pronounced Seltic in spanish as well so joke's on you.

I don't know what you are talking about but in French it's spelled "celtique" and the correct way to pronounce it is "seltic"

Not my bad if English makes no sense at all

Oh this is interesting.

Because as I mentioned Boston (USA) has a basketball team called the Celtics and fans pronounce it (seltics) despite knowing normally it's Keltic e.g. when referring to Gaulish, Welsh or Irish language

Now I'm wondering, since interior New England was once French clay and Quebec is the dominant cultural region, if that is why people pronounce it uniquely non-Anglo here, in a French manner rather than a proper English way. The Celtics fanbase extends into Quebec and Francophone New England due to broadcasting and if I remember the sport itself comes from Canada anyways

It always

more like KALETICK AmiRIIIIIIIIIIIITE??